Good Grease

/ Good Grease #31  
So you are always buying different grease. Instead of buying a “bunch” wouldn’t it just be easier to just buy 1 and stick with it?
That was great until last year when you couldn’t find any Lucas anywhere. I ended up buying a case of Schaffer and a case of JD corn head. That will last me 5 years.

/ Good Grease #32  
That was great until last year when you couldn’t find any Lucas anywhere. I ended up buying a case of Schaffer and a case of JD corn head. That will last me 5 years.
If you don't mind me asking, what are you doing with the corn head grease?

/ Good Grease #33  
Corn head grease is great for leaky gear boxes that normally use gear oil. It liquifies when warm/hot, but doesn’t run out once it cools off.
I use John Deere Green or Lucas green and haven’t suffered much in terms of bearing loss or wear.

/ Good Grease #34  
Thanks! I didn't know of it, and the demands of holding up drill pipe in the "crown" does make for severe loading.

Where do you buy yours?

All the best,

Peter
Ordered direct from TRC. Received in 2 days. Current total price delivered $482.50 for a case(50 tubes @ $9.65/tube). Still the same $25 shipping cost that it was years ago which is waived if order is over $500.