Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #13,281  
You scared me for a second there, Don. I thought, "Oh no! Another Lee County geyser." Then, I remembered you were looking at pipe for your sail shade project.;)

I have been banned 50' from all water lines. 106˚ today.
After cutting away a few dead trees I got my dam smoothed out and called it a day. I cleaned out the pond 2 years ago and the dam still had piles of dried mud. (The stinky slime took two years to dry) The dam is about 2' higher and 8' wide now. This is the first day (in 20 years) I was able to drive My tractor all the way around the pond.

/ Good morning!!!! #13,282  
David--Thanks for cost comparison and I understand. When we lived in very rural Maine, everything cost more and if you wanted to buy anything that only a couple people carried, pony up the big bucks.

/ Good morning!!!! #13,284  
David--Thanks for cost comparison and I understand. When we lived in very rural Maine, everything cost more and if you wanted to buy anything that only a couple people carried, pony up the big bucks.

Very interesting. I grew up in Maine. Don't know if it qualified as very rural as there were 36 in my graduating HS class. :)

SO, my examples:

Two weeks ago I was shopping for my garage door openers, settled on the Chamberlain 3/4HP, belt drive with MyQ

HD online was $259 plus tax and shipping.
HD in store was $274 plus tax, but out of stock.
Ebay - $239, no tax, free shipping - Arrived in 5 days.

needed the 8ft extension kit to go with
HD in store $52 plus tax
Amazon, $41, no tax, free shipping, less than a week to arrive.

4 Garage doors for my tractor shed expansion.
Clopay brand, on sale via HD
Tried to order in store - sale price, tax, $79 delivery
Online - same sale price, tax, free delivery

5 piece Alum frame patio set.
Week ago Sunday paper sales insert Sears: $309, plus tax, special order
Same day online: $299, plus tax, store pickup, but impossible to order and at Checkout price jumped to reg $649 price. Had to get a live customer service rep who had to phone the local store to verify the $309 price, process the order at Reg $649 price and then refund the difference. Local pickup in 2-3 weeks.

Posted about my fence project purchase earlier. Best quote was a local farm supply but no delivery option. HD offered to beat their price by 10%. I got delivery for
$79, saving me 2 40 mile round trips.

Shopping here can be a fulltime sport, unless money is no object.

David Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Good morning!!!! #13,285  
FRANK! Great to see you! Seeing you makes it better than typical already my friend.

Otherwise, my situation remains pretty crappy, but something will break free sooner or later.

It is good to see you here on TBN again sir, I hope all is well with you & yours.

David

Thanks David!

I'm coming to the end of a 4 month stint overseas.....pretty taxing on the family and I've missed the whole summer in OH, nice weather and all.....but should be home in a few weeks, and overall all is well!
Continued best wishes for your situation, remain positive and it will sort itself out.

In keeping with the thread......11 AM here......90 degrees going to 93.....at least it's a dry heat....:laughing:

Frank

/ Good morning!!!! #13,286  
Morning Frank - where is "here"?

8:11PM at my here

/ Good morning!!!! #13,287  
Morning Frank - where is "here"?

8:11PM at my here

Oops...guess a location helps....:laughing:

I'm in Kazakhstan.........

/ Good morning!!!! #13,288  
63 degrees this morning and heading to the low 70's.
Start of a wonderful sunny week with daytime temps in the mid 70's
and nighttime temps in the low 50's

/ Good morning!!!! #13,289  
59 wonderful degrees this morning with a high in the 70s today no humidity at all, similar weather thru Friday. This is fabulous weather for August excellent to work outside

/ Good morning!!!! #13,290  
Thanks David!

I'm coming to the end of a 4 month stint overseas.....pretty taxing on the family and I've missed the whole summer in OH, nice weather and all.....but should be home in a few weeks, and overall all is well!
Continued best wishes for your situation, remain positive and it will sort itself out.

In keeping with the thread......11 AM here......90 degrees going to 93.....at least it's a dry heat....:laughing:

Frank

Glad you are well sir.

Safe travels home.

I'm working on the "positive"...

David