Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #137,671  
69°F and clear skies with some fog this morning, going up to 93° today. Storms popped up in the afternoon yesterday, and some of them were doozies. The upside is that they dropped the temperatures by 10 degrees within minutes. Naturally, they all missed us at home, electing to spin around and stay to the north.

My Wife got me a new dashcam awhile back, Doug, to replace the older cheap one I'd bought years ago. I still haven't installed it. I really should, though, as the drivers in and around the city of St. Louis are just insane.

Drew, dimensional lumber has not been accurate to the named dimensions for quite awhile. 2x4s are actually 1-1/2" x 3-1/2". It's crazy. There was even a lawsuit not long ago where someone sued one of the big chain home improvement stores over the misleading dimensions. Now, they describe the actual dimensions on the shelf labels, while still calling them 2x4s, etc. Steel tubing is kind of the same way regarding wall thickness. The industry standard is ±10%. However, I almost never see, say, 11 gauge round tube at the nominal .120" thickness. It's almost always at the lower end of the tolerance, generally .112-.113" wall thickness. Requesting nominal thickness comes with a premium price increase.

Eric, Lewis and Clark are quite a thing around here, as this is the area where they started their journey. Lots of stuff with their names, like bridges, roads, a college, and countless historical sites. Sacagawea is an integral part of their story. They likely would not have succeeded without her help. We still mistakenly refer to the native tribes here as "Indians." They are not, of course. Sacagawea was from the Lemhi Shoshone tribe. As wngsprd noted, our government saw fit to issue a dollar coin in her honor ... though, since no one really uses dollar coins in the US, it was largely a ceremonial thing.

Drew, my Wife bought one of those ultrasonic dog trainer thingies that emits a high-pitched frequency that dogs (and other animals) are apparently not fond of. We take that with us when we ride, especially around our rural area where dogs are almost never restrained. It works. Sure wouldn't care for being chased by an ostrich.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,672  
79F and sunny @ 11:30, HI 83F, DP 72. Headed up to a high of 87F for the day. Nearest WU PWS reported a total of 0.17" of rain yesterday.

Plan for later today is to finish mowing the other half of the lower front yard, likely the other areas now need mowed as well ... :rolleyes:

Need to refuel the Cub, Woman picked up fuel yesterday or the day before. Also need to pick up another oil filter for it as we're closing in on the 150 hour mark.

Kubota is almost at 2360 hours, so I need to check up in the shop and make sure I have the filters for the 2400 hour service for it (think I do, but might need an oil filter from NAPA)

Will move the sprayer around back and mix up another tank of juice.

Rechecked the product info on the RM 18 and found out that it is supposed to be rain-fast after 30 minutes ... so should be good.

May also measure off and mark out the locations for planting holes this afternoon/evening for the forsythia hedge so those can be drilled with the PHD.

Also need to do a row for a bunch of black locust volunteers that I want to transplant along the east side of the lower front.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable, productive, and safe Friday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #137,673  
RS, nice hibiscus.

Thanks.

The Woman would like to do a thing she's seen where the stems on a single get braided but doesn't think she'll ever get around to it.

I might have to help her out on that ... ;)

You take them in over the winter?

Yup - they will get moved into the dining room in front of the sliding glass door, along with the aquarium stand planter.

Stay cool ... ;)

/ Good morning!!!! #137,674  
66°F and 1.79 inches rain been raining all night.

Plan is to get my floor tile set today.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #137,675  
Gonna be some "active" days on the fire lines.
A friend over in South Lake Tahoe left this week under voluntary evacuation. His family has a place in the SanFran area where he can stay, so he's fortunate they have a place to go to get away from the bad air quality.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,676  
sitting at my desk wondering why I was so hot, went into kitchen and thermometer said 83.
Outside compressor running but no fan inside, and it's the original fan that was never replaced, only a cold coil
added to it. So the repair guy coming out is likely to have had nothing to do with the fan. Sure hope he has some spare parts...
on a 93 degree day too
I may be headed for the basement shortly with a chair and my kindle to keep cool.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,677  
sitting at my desk wondering why I was so hot, went into kitchen and thermometer said 83.
Outside compressor running but no fan inside, and it's the original fan that was never replaced, only a cold coil
added to it. So the repair guy coming out is likely to have had nothing to do with the fan. Sure hope he has some spare parts...
on a 93 degree day too
I may be headed for the basement shortly with a chair and my kindle to keep cool.

It could just be the relay or whatever it’s called, often you can turn the unit off for a few minutes and turn it back on and get the blower going.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,678  
Good morning to all! Low of 55, going up to the low 80's. Good chance of storms this afternoon.

Clouds built up yesterday afternoon. By evening, there were close storms all around, but we only got about an 1/8". Nearby areas (5-15 miles away) had over 2-3" and flash flood warnings issued. Glad we didn't get any flooding, but maybe a little more rain would be nice to have....

Yesterday got two main drip irrigation lines run (just under 200'), and about 3/4 of the drip feed lines set. Should be able to finish those runs today. Then get started on the last bed. That one will be a bit more time consuming being the mulch has already been put in the bed. Only about 50' and 12 drippers, so not too bad.

I haven't seen any mulch listed on sale for Labor Day, so ???? ..... Hopefully they are just being tight lipped about a sale....I'll wait until Saturday then might have to formulate a plan B....

I had to run a couple of errands this mornin, so need to get my butt in gear and go finish those drippers before it gets too hot out... already up to 80°.

Everyone have a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #137,679  
"I had 4 frozen off my face new one on arm Doctor believes is skin cancer he has not been wrong yet waiting on results. He dis say my skin is fertile ground for skin cancer"

🥺

/ Good morning!!!! #137,680  
It could just be the relay or whatever it’s called, often you can turn the unit off for a few minutes and turn it back on and get the blower going.
thanks Randy, it would never come on because the starting capacitor for the fan motor was bad. Thankfully my guy carried a bunch with him.
I think the motor is shot and gets stuck at times on startup, which I think led to demise of capacitor.
But for now a/c is back up and running and soon I hope to stop sweating.
oh happy days

Attachments

• IMG_0285 (1).JPG
    IMG_0285 (1).JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 67