Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #137,751  
Backpacking on a budget. Are there any superb water filtration systems on the market that can do 750ml-1L fairly often for one person on 5-7 day trips? Also, are pump filters the best way to go? Or should I look to UV cleansers/filter caps?

Thanks!

Last time I went I used iodine tablets. Been awhile.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,752  
I was astounded that my Exmark Lazer has only 2 grease fittings, they are on the arms for the belt tensioner idlers, on for the deck and one for the hydrostatic traction pumps.

My Kubota zt has sealed bearings, only front tiresget grease that I recall

/ Good morning!!!! #137,753  
Welcome to TBN Margeaux. :D
The rescue agency said it would take a dog up to 3 days to "decompress"...
Took Margeaux about an hour...maybe. She's a real sweetheart and doesn't let the bad leg get in the way. She does have a tough time going down stairs, but no problems coming up.
Not a real licky licky dog...she loves the attention we're giving her and I think she'll be a welcome member of the family. Definitely our fur baby for a long time to come!!
IMG_20210828_102026145.jpg

After all the running around and playing...time for a snooze

Arm is still a a bit achy, but tomorrow I'll tap in those spikes at the bottom of the chain link fence....this to prevent Margeaux from escaping under the fence. I'm not sure she'd try, but no use taking that chance

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #137,754  
Spent afternoon at church building.
Switching OBS scenes with stream deck causes OBS to go blank for a few seconds when it switches. Didn’t do that on my home laptop, so I put in a trouble ticket.
Couldn’t find anything googling the issue. I even updated OBS to latest version, which is on the home one. I do have a lot more scenes and sources on that one.
Haven’t received new serial cables yet.
I did have to make small adjustment to my python call. Stupid windows spaces in directory names, gotta put them in quotes. But, scripts work great in stream deck.
Next thing I want to do is add another mic to pick up audience singing, connected straight to server, and not on the mixer. Right now song leader drowns out the audience on the stream. I want to be able to reduce mixer output level and get more audience during singing. OBS has it’s own mixer. Or I buy a fancy new digital mixer where I can remote control each channel. . Trying not to go too overboard.

Got thunder but only .07” rain tonight.

Spent time updating quicken, got some big bills coming up. Still haven’t gotten one for this new laptop.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,755  
Was 87 and partly cloudy @ 17:00, HI 114F :eek:, DP 70.

I walked inside to cool off a little around then and have a snack (leftover Domino's pie from last night) ... I was completely drenched. The shirt still hasn't dried out ... :LOL:

Got the 65 gallon tank and the sprayer moved around back, but didn't get them filled (no need at this point as they are calling for rain the next several days)

Used the pallet forks to grab what I think were a few black locust logs lying in the woods and move them to a more sunny area until I can examine them later and see if I can figure out what they are. If they are black locust may use them for the permanent posts around the garden area.

After that I managed to extricate the fallen snag from the west planting bed and relocate it a little further south and west to finish rotting in the woods. Fortunately, it was rotten enough that it broke into chunks that I could maneuver out through the trees:

IMG_1294 copy.jpg

Once that was done I put the bucket and box blade back on and moved around 5 - 6 buckets of screened compost down to the north edge of the driveway in front of the circles. There's a little dip there between the lawn and the drive that I want to fill in and smooth out.

Followed that up with pulling around 8 or so volunteer saplings in the circle, mostly ash, but one wild cherry and a couple of others I didn't recognize (Russian olive possibly ?) Also pulled up a deformed dwarf arborvitae that The Woman wanted gone. I had tried to stake it and correct it a few years back but the bucks wouldn't leave it alone.

Took the Cub around and got the tow-behind spreader and put the milky spore down on the lower front since they are calling for rain over the next few days (supposed to be watered in after you put it down)

Worked on that last rhododendron in the northeast planting bed, raking out the leaves and adding soil sulphur and peat moss. That needs watered in, but it's supposed to rain so we'll see ...

Last item before I came in was to get started on spreading and raking the screened compost along the edge of the drive out, still more to do there.

Still 83F @ 21:00 and feels like 97F, attic fan just shut off.

Glad I'm in here and not out there.

Hope everyone had a great day ... (y)

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #137,756  
Last night of vacation with the kids and grandkids. Spent a week in west Florida.

Lots of people migrating in from Louisiana.

We sprung for professional pictures done on the beach. Will get the results next week. Ate lots of seafood and took a water taxi today across the bay for lunch.

Even had three generations of boys trading paint on the go kart track earlier. We were shocked that they didn't ask us to leave since we were being pretty brutal out on the track stuffing each other into the wall and and spinning each other out

Daughter took these during the shoot of us and the grandkiddos.

Resized_IMG_9435.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #137,757  
Good evening all. 72F for the start, clear sky, near calm wind. Light wind morning, moderate wind in afternoon, Sky clouded up with afternoon build-ups, light rain in area, high temp 89F, HI 97, and DP 70F. Bike ride this morning, 51 miles in 3 hours 10 min moving time. Nap after lunch, than ran some errands.
Covid update: Cooke 3587 confirmed cases, 44 active cases, Montague 2068 confirmed cases, 65 active cases, Grayson, 13114 confirmed cases, 349 active cases. Cooke 0, Montague 0, Grayson 37, new cases.
Drew glad all good on 3rd shot, sorry rain spoiled your walk.
Ron Glad groceries shopping went well, nice amount of rain, neat sunrise
Roy safe trip to get Margaeux.
Thomas That is a long walk, hope front haircut happens.
Billy sounds like nice putter day
Don sorry about rise in Covid count, waiting for weather to cool off as well.
Chris. welcome back, glad you had nice time.
Buppies sorry next surgery so far out.
Paul glad trip went well, enjoy inside day, hope welder works out for you
Kyle good to here you got rain, and hope hamburgers cooperated.
RNG you sure got a lot of smoke, nice pic of the grizzly and smokey sun
Eric sorry you could not find the correct butterfly.
Chris sorry Covid count so high.
Ted hope you got your rain. sorry about the lack of sale priced mulch
Dennis good to hear the progress on getting other people involved in streaming service. Hope your lessons are ready as you.
Randy have fun dealing with the wet grass
Roy wonderful to hear she transitioning well.
Dennis isn't that cheating?
RS sorry ground hogs not taking hint, hope today productive
David glad tile came out. pics when cleaned up please :)
Ken glad saw doing better, plenty peaches on that tree.
Bird sorry you missed out on new fur baby.
Alex welcome to Good morning, no experience with portable water filtration.
Thomas sorry about your steak and mashed potatoes.
Dennis sorry church not working as well as home. hope ticket resolved quickly. Good luck with achieving better audio mix.
RS glad you got plenty stuff done. HI of 114F way to hot :(
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter/wreck injuries not healing, Bird/aging issues/, Randy/FIL living alone adjustments, PJ/FIL fall and stroke, David(moss)/remodel/divorce, Buppies/new cancer on arm, Thomas/gout, Phil/reflux/wife's eyes,Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder/Dad's passing, Grev/wife's eye, Bill/DIL home care, Ted/knee recovery, Doug and wife/health issues/nerve and pain/ wife's eyes, Ken/uncle, Drew/tendon healing, David(sadamo)/Sophie's eye surgery/Back issues, RNG/fire season, and Country.
stay safe and healthy you all.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,758  
much cooler morning, 67 going up to 79 today in clouds.

sleep well Margeaux.

think I might go for a walk this morning and then off to church.
Special meeting after service to discuss where we stand on covid and masking.
We are going to strongly recommend masks for vaccinated folks, required for all kids and if not vaccinated,
we offer a Zoom alternative for everyone.
One thing for sure, you can't please everyone...

/ Good morning!!!! #137,759  
First cup of coffee is cooling. 66° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 89° with chance of some thunderstorms in afternoon. Got dining table sets switched around yesterday. It was hot, humid and heavy. Four of us got it done. Stayed up way later than normal yesterday evening watching NASCAR. Lots of accidents. No plans for today. Other than staying cool.
P9OAhhJ.jpg

Prayers for everyone.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,760  
2021-08-29, 0510

61° right now...high in the mid-70's and overcast today...
As I'd written, going to drive spikes (actually, heavy duty tent pegs) around the chain link fence to prevent Margeaux from trying to go under the fence.
After that...not really sure...probably get those pallet forks rigged to the tractor

Margeaux slept on Suzette's bed last night (still there at 0524). I think she's gonna be a Mama's dog!!!

Last edited: