Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #138,981  
David, what are the rules for driving mules around your area?

Not sure. Have seen them on our road. I will be using 99% just on our acreage with occasional jaunt to a neighbor. Not interest in off roading per se.
Good deal, just don't "drive that Mule" too hard....It ain't a government mule. :)

/ Good morning!!!! #138,982  
Pics haven’t been showing up all day, they all show as broken links.

Had a visitor at worship from TN. He usually comes once a yr when he’s up here attending classes at the National Fire Academy. He said he hasn’t been here since 2017, I didn’t realize it had been that long. He had had a motorcycle accident I think he said in 2018. Was riding down an interstate with some guys from a club, when they came upon several tires laying in the road that must have fell off a truck. He hit one that put him down and got messed up pretty bad, leg, foot, ribs, shoulder broken. Anyways, he fixed up the Harley and rode it up here from TN.
I took him out to lunch after worship. Nice guy.

Took son to airport this evening. He got back this afternoon from visiting a friend in WV.

Did get lawn and field mowed again today. Beautiful weather. 54° now.

/ Good morning!!!! #138,983  
Good evening all. 58F for the start, mostly clear sky, light breeze. Light wind day, variable cloudiness, and high temp was 89F, DP 47F. Chapel to start day, then make wife's breakfast, then into energy conservation mode. Did get some paperwork done. Also got a nap in the afternoon. Went to town for dinner.
Covid update: Cooke 3965 confirmed cases, 71 active cases, Montague 2413 confirmed cases, 36 active cases, Grayson, 15,372 confirmed cases, 482 active cases. Cooke 0, Montague 0, Grayson 0, new cases. Grayson number still don't add up
RS plenty busy yesterday :) pretty flowers, will look good in the planting beds
Kyle good luck with impala and zoo trip, happy b-day to middle daughter.
Ron lot of puttering yesterday. nice crane pic
Drew hope car show was fun
Billy nice family time, nap time, that is the spirit :)
Drew thanks for the description.
Roy apple tree will bring deer in. Never mastered getting good apples but that never bothered the deer.
Paul glad you got to sleep in own bed, love the pic and peace sign.
RNG glad cooling off hope you get some rain soon. nice the banjo fitting went so well. nice no leak.
Drew understand what you mean about respecting the military helping to keep us free.
Rich sounds like broken wire(s). Hope you don't have to make trip to Florida.
David good luck making a place for the Mule.
Drew glad lawn done nice car show pics!
Thomas nice day, yummy dinner :)
Roy glad you got a good day with Margeaux.
Kyle nice links, glad Finnly had a good b-day at zoo.
Dennis Glad you got to enjoy visitor, sad story, nice weather
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter/friend PT from Covid, Bird/aging issues/, Don,whipper/more tests,ring bearer/back broken, Randy/FIL living alone adjustments, PJ/FIL fall and stroke, Dennis /wife wrist surgery and recovery, David(moss)/remodel/divorce, Buppies/new cancer on arm, Thomas/gout, Phil/reflux/wife's eyes,Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Grev/wife's eye, Ted/knee recovery, Doug and wife/health issues/nerve and pain/ wife's eyes, Ken/aunt fall injuries, David(sadamo)/Sophie's eye surgery/Back issues, RNG/fire season, Chris/neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues and Country.
stay safe and healthy you all.

/ Good morning!!!! #138,984  
Good deal, just don't "drive that Mule" too hard....It ain't a government mule. :)

Definitely not, and I hope more dependable. Had mules in Army when I was in 101st Airborne.
IMG_0658.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #138,985  
61F and clear, heading down to 58F for the overnight low.

Met with neighbor on her project first thing and went over what else she wants done.

Then got the Cub out and mowed the upper front, also the compost/wood lot. Need to do down around the house tomorrow.

After that used the grease fitting tool on that one fitting, also tried putting some grease in it ... it still doesn't seem to be taking any, probably going to have to pull the pin ... something I really wanted to avoid, due to having to get it aligned to put the pin back in once it's cleaned.

Then took Kubota and ran all the compost I dug out last evening through the screener, also got some of the re-screening done as well. Also moved the screener and used the box blade to clean up the area before putting it back.

Pile of screened material fully replenished ... again ... :rolleyes:

Final thing was digging more out of the pile to dry for screening at some future point.

Hope everyone had a great day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #138,986  
2021-09-27, 0316

49° right now...high in the mid-60's and some light rain in the forecast...

Pretty nice weekend! Wish I had one more day, but I've got to save some vacation time...

Another MS Edge "upgrade"...this is the worse browser Microsoft has ever developed :mad:

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #138,987  
good morning all
lovely day here again, sunny and high of 80.
This is the kind of weather that just makes you want to work outside.
Got behind two different pickups yesterday towing log splitters so number of other folks
locally wanted to get some work done outside too.

I'm headed over to landlady's home this morning for coffee and to sign a five year lease on this cottage.
Going to stop at local orchard and pick up some more apples on the way.

pretty sure I'm going to build a wood ramp for that shed. Need to go out and take measurements today and likely go pick up some pressure
treated wood to build it. Might use trex boards, not sure.

/ Good morning!!!! #138,988  
Good Morning All

Thought I'd send a note here, as I haven't checked in for a bit. The passed couple of weeks have been particularly challenging since dislocating my left shoulder (strong side) when I fell. All of my function and activities are compromised (cerebral palsy effecting right side significantly) and my wife has graciously pushed herself to take care of my needs, and the hobby farm. A role reversal in many ways, as I had been taking care of her, up until now. I'm struggling when I want to be doing. It will be nice when I can at least hold a pen or my cane, get dressed, hold the steering wheel / drive... but for now, I wait, and have pills as needed for pain. It will take time, I know. I insisted on a Dr Appt tomorrow to see why my fingers are still numb ??? Too risky to walk around on the property, for concern of falling again.

I'm between naps. The weather is nice. Enjoy your day. :)

/ Good morning!!!! #138,989  
Poured first cup of coffee. 58° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 79° with mix of sunshine and clouds. Got blades sharpened on mower. Took it for a short run to make sure all was OK. Did it without hearing protection. OH OH! what is that noise. Belt that runs PTO gearbox is coming apart. Ordered a OEM replacement belt from JD. $100. Hope it last as long as OEM did for 17 years.
Tried to put new wiper blades on car. Could not get old ones off. Took car to neighbors. Between both of us we got old ones off. New blades went on in a snap.
He was making a dolly to store his BH on. Was not working out to well. Between our two minds made some modification to get it set up right. When finished it will work very well.
Showed him how to wash his house windows with no streaks. He will be stopping at Lowes to get the Cleaner, Squeegee and scrubber on way home from work.
Friends came over to barrow my utility trailer. Lights would not work properly. Found broken wire inside of wire harness. We went out to dinner.
Overall a good day with the several problems solved. Looking forward to many more great fall days.
Yesterday's sunrise got the day off to a good start.
s3J6Wfq.jpg

Roy, I gave up on MS brewers many years ago. The same with Apples Safari. Use Chrome and Foxfire.

Drew, Trex works good. But can be slippery when wet.

David, I think they are using the same tires on today's Mule as the military ones. :rolleyes: Best upgrade I did on my Mule so far is install a Larger battery. So far the AGM is working very well.

LS, more GRAVEL. 🤠:cool:(y)

Kyle, good Finnly had great birthday. Next year hire one of them places that will fill your yard with Flamingos on her birthday.

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #138,990  
Scaredychicken prayers for you and your family

52 high of 75 today in the 80s tomorrow no rain for next ten days

The Land cruiser looks good from a distance lots of work needed maybe too much

Prayers for all

Last edited: