Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #139,732  
60F and clear @ 20:30, heading down to a low of 58F for the overnight.

Finished up the first pass on screening of compost.

Then installed rebar and cage around the tallest Rose of Sharon while Woman went out to do some shopping. Still need to fashion a cap for it:

IMG_1391 copy.jpg

After The Woman got back from the grocery run I unloaded the groceries from the car.

Then took the loppers up and trimmed some low-hanging branches by the compost pile that had been slapping me in the face while she made us some sandwiches.

After eating I fed the downstairs cat and we dug out out three of the volunteer Redbud trees and transplanted two:

IMG_1388 copy.jpg

IMG_1389 copy.jpg

Gave the third one to the neighbor friend who gave us the Rose of Sharon.

After that I started the second pass on screening the compost that had been run through earlier, got that about half done.

Woman was making brownies when I got back down to the house.

Finishing Amazon and Menards orders, then a shower and head down to feed the fish afterwards.

All three upstairs cats out in garage on Safari, need to be let in.

Hope everyone had a great day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #139,734  
My dad’s grandmother was German, and dad went to fight the Germans.
There are a lot of German immigrants in Texas. WWI and WWII made speaking german verboten. I don't know any german other than the name of a bra in German....derstopperflappen.

A little chilly here in Western Australia South West this morning. A warm coffee and a walk will help. P.
Welcome philtyler. Are you near the coast?

Just got done doing youth night at church. Had a good group of kids.

Here's a DB song they put out while we were all couped up. PJS, how (other than digitally) do they get the synchronization right? Who led off?

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #139,736  
Good evening all. 76F for the start, overcast, windy. Wind slowed down between cells, first rain about 9AM, period on thunder cells, rain estimate about 1 inch. Raining as I type this. High temp at 5AM, 78F, low temp 59F at 8PM. Men's meeting this morning, then mostly energy conservation, with some gutter maintenance during light rain spells.
Covid update: Cooke 4093 confirmed cases, 27 active cases, Montague 2567 confirmed cases, 30 active cases, Grayson, 15,935 confirmed cases, 227 active cases. Cooke 3, Montague 8, Grayson 38, new cases. Grayson number still don't add up
Don, not sure you understood my question. When I was in the Alzheimer research study, the Dr.s would talk about where the new drugs were in their development, which lead to discussions on how much testing was done prior to full drug approval. The 4 year period to bring vaccine to market was based on the same testing levels. Have you heard or seen if Moderna, Pfizer and J&J are finishing the normal amount of testing?
Don that plate looks awesome1
Roy hope you get your mowing done.
Drew sounds like a long but interesting day, I wouldn't mind trying several of the moku bowels.
Buppies hope the worker do alright in the late heat wave.
Ron good to hear PT is helping your back. Enjoy your conserve energy day. Nice pic
Thomas hope leaf duty is productive.
Billy hope weather improves for adjust visitor attitudes, Willy never was good at catching Road Runner.
Mike cool pic
Paul sorry about the driver magnet issues, good to hear trip was safe, hope container is unloaded soon.
Ken sorry about the short days, neat pic
RNG good to hear wind backed off with no further fire issues. Gotta love the communication. Glad oil leak easy to correct on red bike.
Kyle enjoy the concert
Bill hope the rain lets up to let you get the projects done. Interesting possibilities on Jeep.
Ted you did not get much of a fall.
PJ time to turn that app off. I am impress that any rock musicians can hear the way the crank up the volume :)
Eric, congrats on your new windows, impressive about your dad.
Don Thanks for the link. Good to hear whipper does no need a lot of medicine to keep on a even keel. Nice whipper story
Don impressive damage from the deer.
David neat story on the 1 pound laulau
RS not sure you want a un-nuetered male cat around. Good luck with "new" cat and agenda.
Drew glad you had a nice day at school.
RS sounds like you had good day
Phil T welcome to GM thread
Kyle thanks for link. my dad's parent both spoke German and English, did not teach dad and brother German so they could talk and kids not understand.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter/friend PT from Covid, Bird/aging issues/, Don,whipper/more tests,ring bearer/back broken, Randy/FIL living alone adjustments, PJ/FIL fall and stroke, Dennis /wife wrist surgery and recovery, Roy/ palpitations, angina wife/ankle recovery, David(moss)/remodel/divorce, Buppies/new cancer on arm, Thomas/gout, Phil/reflux/wife's eyes, Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Grev/wife's eye, Ted/knee recovery, Doug and wife/health issues/nerve and pain/ wife's eyes, Ken/aunt fall injuries, David(sadamo)/Sophie's eye surgery/Back issues, RNG/fire season, Chris/neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/injuries from fall, Paul/ wife's disc issues, Mike/elbow pain, and Country.
stay safe and healthy you all

/ Good morning!!!! #139,737  
There are a lot of German immigrants in Texas. WWI and WWII made speaking german verboten. I don't know any german other than the name of a bra in German....derstopperflappen.

Here's a DB song they put out while we were all couped up. PJS, how (other than digitally) do they get the synchronization right? Who led off?

40k/25 miles from the coast

25 miles/40k from the coast.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,739  
A little chilly here in Western Australia South West this morning. A warm coffee and a walk will help. P.
We are under threat of wild weather here in the East at the moment. Still warm though.
Rained all night and a bit of today. So glad my slab went down without a hitch yesterday. Better to be rain on it than hot sun while it cures.
Where I live we are sheltered from the west by the Toowoomba Range so we don't cop anything too nasty.
Anything from the East usually fades by the time it reaches us and the Minden Range stops a lot of it.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,740  
2021-10-14, 0341

60° right now...high about 70°...

Mowing is done....I'm guessing for the last time this year, but I could be wrong
Question for you guys since I'm writing about my mowing. I've always changed the engine oil at the beginning of the mowing season, but a buddy claims it's better to change before winter storage.
What's your opinions?

Margeaux chewed on on of my favorite winter slippers...well, I found it last night. I was pretty pissed and was probably too harsh with her. Damn...those slippers cost $35!

Well, finally worked out a schedule...stepdaughter has to work Wednesdays, Thursdays and weekends. I'll be at work Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays, work from home Wednesdays and Thursdays. I expect some variations due to Doctor's appointments, but this should be a a fairly regular schedule until Suzette is ambulatory and can get around on her own

Last edited: