Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #140,201  
Good Morning.
It’s 48 in light rain, maybe going to 60 with a chance of rain all day.

Yesterday was at a pretty leisurely pace. Got the new opener on the most used shop door, now I can check to see if it’s opened or closed from my phone, as well as open or close it. Outdoor keypads will open any door, depending on the code entered. They even have a. Built in battery backup.

Finished the mowing with the Lazer, pressure washed it and the Kubota, and then put everything away.

Ended the day with dinner with a band mate, and then overdubbed some vocal harmonies and an acoustic guitar track on a song from last week’s rehearsal.

Today might be a good day to do some cleanup in the shop.

/ Good morning!!!! #140,202  
Good morning all. Mild dry weather has let me keep busy outside for a few days.
Worryingly, my wife hasn't mentioned a single thing that I should be doing this weekend - can't tell yet if that is a trick - or a treat :unsure: :giggle:

we've won the 2nd Prize in the Publishers Clearinghouse Sweepstakes! I don't know how much, but I'm so excited

Wng, not a clue what Publishers Clearinghouse Sweepstakes are.
Checked their web page and it looks like they would prefer to keep it a secret ! Hope the early call proves to be worthwhile.

secret.png

We don't have many acorns this year yet

Oaks in our fields are acornless too this year Kyle. On the other hand, squirrels are in abundance - Bird, have you been exporting pesky busy tails ? :)

acornless.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #140,203  
Good morning all. Mild dry weather has let me keep busy outside for a few days.
Worryingly, my wife hasn't mentioned a single thing that I should be doing this weekend - can't tell yet if that is a trick - or a treat :unsure: :giggle:

Wng, not a clue what Publishers Clearinghouse Sweepstakes are.
Checked their web page and it looks like they would prefer to keep it a secret ! Hope the early call proves to be worthwhile.

View attachment 718010

Oaks in our fields are acornless too this year Kyle. On the other hand, squirrels are in abundance - Bird, have you been exporting pesky busy tails ? :)

View attachment 718011
Eric, Publishers Clearinghouse is an old company that got famous for selling magazine subscriptions. They began a promotion where an elaborate sweepstakes entry process resulted in a celebrity going to someone's home and announcing they had won $X million, filming it and then running it as a commercial. It led to many scammers calling to try to trick people, which was the origin of my call the other day...I was being sarcastically excited.

Great sheep pix...glad you got some nice weather.

/ Good morning!!!! #140,204  
Good morning all.

47F, wet, and cloudy @ 10:30, heading up to a high of 57F for the day supposedly with a 15% chance of more of the wet stuff.

Went to bed last night hoping it would hold off so I could get the lawn mowed ... but it looks like we got 0.05" since midnight.

Calling for around 1.5" of rain total, between Sunday and Monday ... :(

Did manage to get outside yesterday after 16:00 and get 4 Yarrow and 5 Salvia planted. Think I still about 5 or so of those to go. Got back inside around 18:30. Took a while for my feet to warm up.

Boot laces and insole inserts due in today from Amazon, new wipers for The Woman's car due tomorrow.

Probably more housecleaning and organizing on the menu today ... but I might try to get some mowing and/or planting done ... since it's a fairly safe bet that the cool, damp conditions are not going to improve any time soon.

Yesterday's color's, during the brief time that one could tell there is a sun and some blue sky up above the clouds ... :giggle::

IMG_1414 copy.jpg

Hope everyone has an enjoyable, productive, and safe day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #140,205  
Good morning to all! Low of 38, going up to the high 60's. It's been pretty much the same all week. We were supposed to be getting some remnants of the storm hitting RNG, but now the forecast shows no precipitation at all..... just strong winds..... (n)

Well, it is going to be official..... after long deliberation and discussion over the last 2 weeks,..... I am going to retire. I wasn't planning on it, but there is no way that I can pass the physical agility/ strength tests in order to continue working as a paramedic. As of Dec 31st, I will relinquish my state and national license. It was a good run.....(y). I still can't decide if I am happy or not....

The knee is still the same.... swelling and pain still happening on a daily basis. The surgeon says it could continue for another year or be persistent for longer. Only time will tell. It has really slowed me down and limited my activity.
Projects have been continuing, but just a little progress made at a time.

Dennis, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Hoping you have many more.

Drew, hope your entertaining goes well, enjoy the company and good food!

Ron, nice pics the last few days.... beautiful birds. I'm never fast enough to get shots like that!

Buppies, good to hear that your report was negative.... I hope you are feeling better.

Thomas, hope you don't get any hunters trespassing..... maybe the Mrs has a good idea.... I hope you both continue to feel better!

Everyone have a great weekend!

/ Good morning!!!! #140,206  
Good Morning!!!! 52F @ 8:15AM. Cloudy with showers. High 59F. Winds SE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60%.
Yesterday's forecast was for a half inch of rain, but twice that amount ended up in the rain gauge. It was all over by noon, and the sky cleared to the point it resembled what RS saw.

Hold on, Ted. I used the break in wet weather to spread some gravel on a part of the driveway that was an inch deep in dust during the trench project. The rain had turned it to mud, and the tires on the truck are wearing a coat of it, picked up when I came home from town the other day. I did better cracking the 4in1 open a hair to spread it, but it would have flowed out more smoothly if the gravel wasn't wet. It was also fun sliding around in the mud in 4WD trying to jam the bucket into the gravel, but not so much fun trying to smooth out the resulting ruts when I was done with the gravel. Sorry to hear about your knee, and hope it improves sooner rather than later. Some folks have trouble adjusting to retirement; some wonder how they ever had time for a full time job.

Billy forgot to mention Publishers Clearing House most "endearing" quirk, Eric. Once your name makes it into their system, you'll receive an infuriating barrage of flyers, emails, and even phone calls harassing you to enter their contests. 🤬

My dad tried several times to get a magnolia tree to grow, Billy, but the winters were too hard on them. So I've never seen a seed pod like that until your picture. Closest we came was using pinto beans in our yard long bean shooters when we played army. A mouth of them gave a pretty good imitation of a machine gun, but dad would get upset when they'd sprout in his perfectly maintained (as a result of my free labor) grass. :oops: 😄

Trespassers are the worst kind of low life, Thomas. Hope they leave you and the wife alone this season.

Glad you figured out the chain mystery, Bruce.

Yes, Drew, it looks like David's Pineapple Express is gonna give us a good plastering over the next day or so. Not necessarily a case of "if some's good, more's better", but we'll take what we can get. Gonna be some flooding and erosion in the burn scars, and the warnings are already up for tonight and tomorrow.

Can't understand how anybody could be happy or feel safe living in a big city, especially San Francisco, with all the homeless squalor and crime. Hope it works out for your sister, though.

Did the crew leave any of that wood for you, Ron? Seems like getting it ready for the fireplace would do a pretty good job of warming you up. FWIW, some of the fellas on my home automation forum have started using an IotaWatt monitor to keep track of their energy use. Seems to be working pretty well for them.

After I got done playing in the mud, I took another shot at the leaking skylight on the van. I disconnected the lift mechanism so I could open it all the way, then used my finger to spread a good thick coat of Decor sealant along the sides of the gasket, right up to where the skylight would hit it. There were a few gaps that got covered up, as well as where the two ends of the seal met. Then to keep the skylight from sticking to the sealant, I laid down a sheet of plastic wrap, and trimmed off the edges after I put everything back together. Had to do something with so much rain on the way, and maybe I won't need that new gasket after all. But I left the bucket in place just in case.

Made up a batch of vegan red lentil curry yesterday, but had to find a recipe online because I seem to have put the Forks Over Knives cookbook somewhere I wouldn't lose it.:eek: No sugar, salt, or oil went into it, but it did call for some interesting spices like coriander and cumin, besides the Madras curry powder. Tasted great, and there's more leftovers, too.

Lit off the first camp fire of the new season last night. It wasn't that cold out, but the warmth still felt good.
campfireBeer.jpg

I don't know if it was the beer or my long winded college buddy on the other end of the phone, but we ended up yacking for nearly three hours before we both felt like we needed to hit the hay. Took that long to finish off all the wood I'd piled into the side-by-side anyway...

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #140,207  
68°F and 1.29 inches rain.

May take advantage of the weather for an easy day. Arm a bit sore and minor headache. Maybe from booster. Sophie says she is fine. Teasing me her needle must have been empty as she didn’t feel anything.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #140,208  
RNG, I didn't expect my sister living near Tent City and I don't think she is.
Rincon Center, near the water.
here's a pic looking down her street.
I had to chuckle, she asked me about huge cruise ships and here the next and last building down is
a big building that looks like the back end of a big cruise ship.

finished morning church zoom and five minutes later brothers show up for short visit.
They left and now I have a few hours to myself before seeing them again for dinner. With the grandchildren.
If I'm smart I'll take a nap

Ted, I'm glad you retired. Just sorry your knee is not better. Time for more seat time.

/ Good morning!!!! #140,209  
Lots of trees put on a show this time of year. One I look forward to is the Magnolia. Here's one seed pod ready to release its seeds, and another just opening, after passing through the peach fuzz and color phase.

Did anyone else use to play army as a kid and use the dried brown pods as grenades, by pulling off the stem to arm them?View attachment 718001

We used pine cones.

/ Good morning!!!! #140,210  
51F and mostly cloudy again after a brief appearance of the sun and blue skies, which are due to make another visit in a couple of hours. High temp of 57F downgraded to 54F ... :(

Lower front all mowed, mail collected.

Amazon was just by and dropped off today's delivery, looking forward to trying out the IronLaces.

Going to hook up the spreader now and fertilize the lower front. Maybe plant a few more plants if there is time afterwards.

Today's color's:

Normal:
IMG_1416 copy.jpg

Wide angle:
IMG_1415 copy.jpg