Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #140,801  
RNG, actually I agree with you and so far haven't gone inside any restaurant.
Remember this is the town where the mayor died in an unmasked restaurant last year and still
many of the locals won't wear masks.

I delivered some apples to the lady doc who used to be my primary here and waited an hour in the waiting room for her, had plenty of time, but she was in the middle of something and could not stop, so I got to observe for an hour. Most young males did not wear masks coming in but were all given one to wear, and all the old folks came in wearing masks. I guess age brings
a little wisdom.

that's a very cool lift, should save a bunch on tree surgeon bills plus let you do things much more safely.

David, I'm not sure I'm smart enough any more to play that game. It seems really complicated.
Just when I was learning how to say Gin... ;)

So RNG I go to the local Food Lion which had been very nicely remodeled and bought some chicken, bananas and an apple turnover back to hotel room. First I had to wipe the whole area down with clorox wipe and then it actually had all I needed, tiny fridge, a Keurig with two pods, and a microwave. But no chair. And no desk. And not much light either. Lamp missing where that wire is coming out of the wall. If they actually just repainted this with that horrible avocado color paint, which matches nothing else in room, which is all fake plastic wood.

However, the linens are very good and the mattress seems like a new pillow top.
I got what I paid for but I sure will ask next time if room has a desk for my laptop.

now for a nap.

Attachments

• IMG_0434 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0434 - Copy.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_0435 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_0435 - Copy.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 76
   / Good morning!!!! #140,802  
Watched our HS football team win their playoff game. Was streamed on YouTube.
Youngest sons birthday, so did a video call.

Wife made vegetable beef soup for supper, that was good.

Cha ching2, ordered one of the hose reels Don recommended. Did go for slightly lower cost pole mount version, with extra capacity option. Amazon didn’t carry the pole mount version, so ordered direct from company.
If I feel up to it, might plant a post tomorrow for it. Then again, maybe I won’t.
Going to breakfast at the PA diner with our group in the morning. Then might pick up a couple bags of quickcrete.

/ Good morning!!!! #140,804  
Good evening all. 37F for the start, overcast, light breeze. Light wind today, sky became partly cloudy this afternoon, and high temp was 59F, DP 38F. Steam fog on lake again this morning. Cleaning lady prep to start day, then more log splitting. Finished sharpening chain then bucked log for splitter. After lunch bike ride and nap. then Birthday celebration for wife, dinner with stepdaughter and her husband.
Covid update: Cooke 4181 confirmed cases, 17 active cases, Montague 2658 confirmed cases, 19 active cases, Grayson, 16,317 confirmed cases, 84 active cases. Cooke 1, Montague 1, Grayson 26, new cases. Grayson number still don't add up, but getting closer
Don we are looking a 36F and a DP of 36 :) thanks for the info on state issues
Roy good luck maintaining your sense of humor and schedule.
Ron good to here fence up and trimmed up where it was as well. hope shopping went well. neat pic, glad Sassy does not know what to do after the catch :)
Buppies good to hear some improvement.
Drew glad you got good night sleep, can be challenge sometimes. thought you might say you ordered chicken at the steak house :)
Mike glad you got back mowed, sorry about no gloves. Hope the service goes well.
Billy you are a braver man than I, cutting your wife's hair. stove accessories always need maintenance.
Thomas hope test went well, culvert cleaning went well and have fun at date night.
Ken I cried when I saw the big ash gone at last house then cried again at the bill.
RNG good to hear tank bag is working, sorry about water issues, congrats on booster. nice pic, the big boy seems to have some attitude
Paul hope the data recovery software recovers your music hope wife's procedure went well, nice bird :)
Mike nice looking lift!
Bill sorry about computer issues, hope the parts fixes them.
Don you were colder than me! Hop your mom does not get hit too hard on propane price, good catch on wife's score
Bird we under achieved on the high temp today
PJ your agenda almost reads like RS :) Sorry to hear about FIL and head colds preventing visitation. Good luck on you data storage project
Randy sorry to hear about MIL and Covid, hope it goes no further. Hope surgery goes well. nice pic
RS hope you can keep up with leaves
David congrats on guys win, hope oring replacement went well
Thomas good to hear lab tech had sense of humor, hope date night went well.
Drew I would miss desk and chair as well.
Dennis congrats on HS playoff win, nice you could catch it on Youtube.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter/friend PT from Covid, Bird/aging issues/, Don,whipper/more tests,ring bearer/back broken, Randy/FIL living alone adjustments /MIL covid, /cancer surgeries, PJ/FIL fall and stroke, Dennis /wife wrist surgery and recovery, Roy/ palpitations/ angina, wife/ankle recovery, David(moss)/remodel/divorce, Buppies/new cancer on arm /intestinal issues, Thomas/gout, Phil/reflux/wife's eyes, Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Grev/wife's eye, Ted/knee recovery/retirement, Doug and wife/health issues/nerve and pain/ wife's eyes, Ken/aunt fall injuries, David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery, Chris/neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, RS wife/ dog bite recovery, Scaredy/injuries from fall, Paul/ wife's disc issues, Mike/elbow pain, and Country.
stay safe and healthy you all

/ Good morning!!!! #140,806  
Coffee is done brewing. 26° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 52° with sun and clouds mix. Got my shopping done. Was able to get everything that I wanted. But a lot of open spots on shelves. After putting everything away I layed down and took a nap. Rest day was conserve energy. My aunt is going to spend a couple of days with me. We have no plans. But sure we will find something to do.
Sandhill Cranes and Turkeys had a meeting.
ayBrqbi.jpg

Drew, stay in way to many Hotel/Motels during my working years. No plans to do it again.

Deserteagle, nice picture.

Don, I checked out the Cha-Ching hose reel. Still has inflated tires. Will be shot after couple years in the sun.

Riptides, want to move to Michigan with your now tool.

Randy, hope C removal goes well.

Everyone stay healthy and safe.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #140,807  
good morning all from Williamston NC
first cup of hotel coffee pretty good

saw hundreds of folks on bicycles yesterday, some big bicycle rally, mostly older folks it seemed.

weather turning crummy today and tomorrow due to storm system going up the coast.
reg gas was 3.15 here; I treated the truck to a fill of E-0 93 octane for 3.79
I think I averaged about 19mpg on drive down, maybe a little more

headed down to Washington this morning to visit with old next door neighbor and peek in at my old farm. Neighbor is the fireman who was badly hurt in a building collapse so really wanted to see him. Plus I got some monogrammed pencils for his 5 year old son, who is starting school.

then back to hotel, take a nap, then out again to visit another old friend and we are going out to a nice restaurant tonight. I didn't bring a raincoat, think I'm going to get wet.

RNG, no worry about this restaurant, nicest place in town and no jeans allowed...or at least severely frowned upon. Kinda nice to have one place in town that is good for a special dinner.

hope you all have a nice weekend.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #140,808  
nice chat over greasy breakfast with lady my age by herself.
Are you a bicyclist?
oh yes, I'm up early to get going before the rains come.
I forgot to ask her what group it was but must be big, I think it goes from Washington to Greenville. Back roads will be full of bicycles this morning.
She was in this hotel for same reason I was, no room anywhere in Washington hotels.
But it's only a half hour ride south down Rt 17 past huge fields of cotton, all white and pretty.
I keep looking for a place to pull off and take a picture. Logging trucks haul at high speeds on that road so need to be careful.

for those of you pedal powered folks, seems like some fun routes here:

/ Good morning!!!! #140,809  
2021-11-06, 0656

Other than getting a worn out box spring to the dump, not much need for a dump run. It's really too big for the Tacoma's bed, so I'll need to figure something else out. Main thing is, I don't want it to fall off the truck on the 3-4 mile trip to the dump.
Other than that, get some fuel for the mower's winter hibernation.
That's about it for me today...

/ Good morning!!!! #140,810  
Roy, get a neighbor to help you load it, and use lots of straps, even if you have to go slow with your flashers on. Dragging it out should be easier. Good luck with that.