Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #141,211  
I had one of those fancy Eley water reels mounted on the back of my house in NC. I used that hose to water three standing gardens and gardens all the way around the house,
so lot of tugging on that reel. It just worked marvelously. Yes I'd like it made in the US with US made Timken bearings on it. Not going to happen, look how expensive it is already to cover
the cost of that level of quality already.

Stuff made in Taiwan, where all the semiconductors are made, is probably made to a generally high standard to begin with. It's the stuff made
in Northern China up where they suppress all those ethnic minorities that bothers me. I'm pretty sure China can make just about anything we can and to almost the same spec.
My dream tractor, that five ton Massey was built in China. In a super modern robotic factory Agco built there. Robots don't seem to care where they are...though final QC likely takes some
very well trained humans.

So the Chinesium may be of decent quality. Hope so considering how much of it there is out there...
Those folks have been copying our stuff for so long they might have it right by now.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,212  
Those folks have been copying our stuff for so long they might have it right by now.

That reminds me of when I was looking at standby generators to replace my almost 30 year old one that failed. I asked a friend in the industrial generator business what I should get. He said Generac, I replied that their residential units were always junk compared to Onan, Kohler, Katolight etc. His response was that they are still junk, but the others were all building junk for that market now, and that Generac had been building cheap generators for so long, they were getting good at it, while the others were still learning. He also said that’s why he avoids the residential market.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,213  
Good afternoon. Back inside earlier than I expected, forgot to take water with me so decided to come back for a cup of tea and a bit of a rest before I do any more chain sawing in the wetland.

After many misty days it is to good to see the sun again, especially as most trees are finally turning colour.

A bit of colour.JPG

He says the mullet must "pysche out" the other kids, thinking they have a 20 point IQ advantage
Smart kid ! (and I'm sure a very proud dad )

/ Good morning!!!! #141,214  
Morning all, sunny and 28, that should off the bugs for a bit.
Rebuilt the dog gate for the upper deck last night, came out good, used 2x4 for the backing instead of the 1x4 which could not take the wind knocking it around.

Started looking at leaf vacuums, saw a few cyclone's but they were gone before I could even make the call.
Not time critical, but it would be nice to have one since I spend so much time doing this.

Have any of you tried a lawn sweeper? Good enough for an acre or two of lawn?

Rich- I don't remember the 1st or 2nd day-just remember watching my o2 going down to around 70% and being out of it. I have a coworker that is going on 2 years of symptoms, we are constantly hoping he does a full recover.

Rip-is that a vehicle under all that brush :cool: Wish I had a grapple too, could borrow my neighbors, but I don;t have a 3rd function, so it won't help. The forks help a bit, but certainly not a grapple.

I looked at the Pferd sharpener and could not find the exact match for my chain, 7/32 and 3/8 were not a combination, 7/32 and .404 were. oh well, bought a kit from Oregon instead to hold my files and get me a raker file since that saw chain is so different from my smaller saw.

Aunt seems to be doing well recovering from her fall, Uncle still having hip problems and using a walker.

Stay safe and be well,

/ Good morning!!!! #141,215  
We have been enjoying the cooler Fall weather, but yesterday afternoon it began to feel too warm in the house for both of us, so I turned the HVAC back to cooling for awhile. And now . . . the forecast for today is currently 64 degrees and going for a high of 84. But at least the NWS seems to think this will be our last warm day for awhile.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,216  

I have a 5 ft lawn sweeper. It is a Paddock brand. Bought it for picking up bamboo leaves. It does a great job. They work best on short grass. I tow it behind my ride-on mower.

/ Good morning!!!! #141,220  
Rebuilt the dog gate for the upper deck last night, came out good, used 2x4 for the backing instead of the 1x4 which could not take the wind knocking it around.

Started looking at leaf vacuums, saw a few cyclone's but they were gone before I could even make the call.
Not time critical, but it would be nice to have one since I spend so much time doing this.

I had a Parker lawn sweeper years ago. Was ok for grass. But useless for leaves. Bought a used Trac-Vac many years ago. Mounted it on back of my JD 735. It had a 5 hp motor and 6” hose. Worked good for grass. But filled up way to fast for leaves.
Got rid of it when I found a Trac-Vac 880. 8hp, 8” hose and 44 bushel cart. Does a super job picking up grass and leaves. Non of the pickup systems I have work good when grass or leaves are wet. Plan on cleaning out hose when they clog up.
My neighbor that has a Kubota BX with a grass catcher. It works great with grass. But fills up way to fast for leaves. We hooked my Trac-Vac to his mower. Works great. We both have 60” mowers.
Other neighbor has a Cyclone. Likes it a lot. But has problems with wet leaves.