Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #151,702  
Have to be careful diabetes and most Gatorade don’t mix Thanks for suggestion, I still believe the man upstairs is trying to tell me something
like maybe spend more time at your beach home and chill????.......

woke up to heavy thunder this morning, thunderstorms going through area. It was neat to listen to, first just thunder, rumbling the house, like listening to the Iowa shoot off her 16" guns from 20 miles away, bawooom. And then some rain came, like a two part symphony.

have to wait for this to dry off before I go fiddle with the trailer.
Going to hook it up to car, drop the ramp and just back that cart right up to the front.
That's Plan A.

ordered a gizmo that locks down the hitch receiver to the ball so it won't rattle. Basically a clamp with a retaining lip and two big bolts.
Unloaded trailer makes great deal of noise, banging away for several reasons. Am going to try to quiet it down.

I love thunder. Could do without lightning. Lived in S. Florida for a few years and had a lifetime of lightning.
I was told as a kid that thunder was the gods passing gas up there. ;)

epidural on neck late this afternoon. Will be happy, I hope, to get that. Wearing a soft collar during the summer is not pleasant.

have a great day guys.

/ Good morning!!!! #151,704  
even though we've had a reasonable amount of rain, summer heat has really dried out the ground here, vs the softness we've had all Spring.
The canary in the mine for me were my two white snowball bushes I planted a month ago out front by the road.
My routine has been to give each one a 2 gallon pail of water about every three days. They seemed quite happy with that. I do that for at least a month to get the roots set.
But yesterday morning I looked out and both plants were really wilted. Oh no.
A prompt application of 4 gallons of water per plant perked them right back up. The surrounding drier ground must have sucked up my water.
Thirsty bushes. Thankfully the rain is coming down now with the accompanying sonic booms in the background shaking this little cottage.

Hard to keep up with the lawn when it keeps raining like this. But sure is nice to see everything so green.
You folks out West, wish we could share with you. That's really what we need, a sharing of resources.
Take that water that just wrecked Yellowstone Park and ship it to California. I like avocados too...

We hope to get about an inch of rain, I think it's localized. But I think I just saw my tomatoes grow a little. They love the rain.
Tomatoes seem to be uncontrolled drinkers. They don't know how to stop, which is why they crack or burst if way too much rain. Melons are the same way usually.
My house water is pretty acidic with copper pipe copper leaching out green. So maybe the plants just like natural water better.
I don't drink the water here, bathing in it is an issue already. Landlord is not about to spend multiple thousand bucks putting in soft water system.
maybe I'll split the cost with her. I'm tired of cleaning the green out of the bottom of the shower. And I can't imagine that acidic water is doing my skin any good.

/ Good morning!!!! #151,705  
Morning all, rain and thunder, dog under bed.
Yesterdays pool party for the son and friends went well.
All cleaned up, pool was up to 86 since it was a bit warmer than predicted, perfect day for them.
One of his friends is moving, so this was kinda a going away and end of school year party

Drew good luck with epidural-hope it provides some relief
Buppies - you can buy electorlyte drinks that have no sugar/sweeteners, just powder you can add to your favorite drink or water.
Pennwalk -had a teacher who played banjo. Can see how difficult it is to play well, he was really good

Back to day job, presentations this morning,

Stay safe and be well,

/ Good morning!!!! #151,706  
When I bought the zero turn the guy at the shop said he just throws a strap across the mower. I prefer a more secure tie down. I have 1/2 inch lifting eyes ( forged eyebolts with a short shank) on the JD 425 and the Yanmar 186D. I bought a set of 4 for the simplicity. There are 1/2 inch holes in the frame at about the right places. I was happily surprised to find some cans of rustoleum primer and black paint in the shop that still had some propellant. I have M&R tie down straps with latching hooks. Of course I don't think you can get them anymore. Anyway latching hooks won't fall off if the strap gets loose. I keep the straps in a tool bag. My theory is if I make tying down as easy as possible it makes everything go better.

Chris

/ Good morning!!!! #151,707  
Good Morning.
It’s 62 with thunderstorms rolling through for the last few hours.
Tempest says we’ve gotten over an inch of rain, Davis says 0. Looks like I’ll have to go out with a ladder and clean out the funnel once it stops raining. It’s supposed to make it to 80 later in the day.

Yesterday went well, but I was worn out by the time I got home. Went to bed around 8 and slept for 12 hours. Accomplished nothing after the trip other than stopping at the airport repaving job to check on progress on my way driving home from the Philly airport.

Today I am supposed to go pick up a plane from the service center in Greensboro, not sure if that will happen if the weather doesn’t clear out. Other than that, it will be a lazy day after cleaning out the rain gauge.

/ Good morning!!!! #151,708  
Morning all, rain and thunder, dog under bed.

exactly. Baawooommm
and the ground shakes and this little cottage shakes.
.83 inches of rain so far on the Accuwrong.

/ Good morning!!!! #151,709  
Buppies, Try low sodium V8. To me the ONLY time V8 taste good is when I start to dehydrate then it taste like just what the body is craving.

Good morning! After staying out of the 100s yesterday I have more energy today. Will start off by oiling the garage door and knock out the projects as they arise. Currently 78˚ heading to 100˚, hazy sky, no rain in sight. Garden's pressure pump replaced and gave my garden a good drenching yesterday.

Had a good crowd (40) at the WFPB meeting and watch a speaker on youTube give a lecture on Brain health. New news on Alzheimer's is 100% of the meds do not work. The Alzheimer's Assoc. has now focused on prevention instead of a cure. The best prevention diet of course is the WFPB. Exercise, sleep and stress play an important role also, basically the same preventions as heart disease.

Other benefits: Study shows frailty in women reduced 42% by swapping out animal protein for plant protein.

"Over the course of the study, researchers recorded more than 13,000 cases of frailty and found that women who ate the most animal-based protein (red meat, poultry, fish, seafood, eggs, and dairy) experienced the highest rates of frailty, while the women who consumed the most plant-based protein (bread, cereals, pasta, nuts, beans, and legumes) experienced the lowest rates."

/ Good morning!!!! #151,710  
71 going to 89. Relatively low humidity today...didn't even have to wear boots to carry all the feeders out, although I could see beautiful cumulonimbus clouds with anvils to the east.

Don, I'm like a couple of others on the trade-off between mowing less often, vs the quality and how long it takes...I've found that during times of normal rainfall, the grass gets too thick to allow it to grow taller, and will leave too many cuttings on top. So, I don't cut at all during drought periods, but as often as needed during wet periods. I haven't noticed my diesel Zero using fuel any faster than the tractor, it just has a smaller tank.

Left home at 4:45am yesterday to meet my son and the forester in southern Virginia to walk a couple of sections of the farm for purposes of timbering. One section is mature saw timber, and the others are young pines that need to be thinned for pulpwood. Most of the forest will be left alone. Prices are down some, but it needs to be done, and the family wants to do it now, in case prices drop even further.

We walked up on a gobbler strutting and a hen clucking...seems late for that, but we also found a nest with turkey egg shells scattered like a coon had raided it, so maybe another attempt. My son checked his trail cam, and we were just behind two bears going by it.

Talked with the farmer who was there, planting soybeans, using a huge Deere. The cotton he had planted was already a foot tall. He had lots to say about the increase in prices of fuel, etc. Only found 3 ticks before heading home.

Stopped by the Kubota dealer on the way home to pick up the tractor lug bolts...they were 5 bucks each, but the parts man gave me a free Kubota hat, so I walked out happy. Then met my wife up the road for lunch at the best Mexican place...so a great day with all afternoon left.

While bringing in the bird feeders last evening, we saw a barn cat from across the road run out from our Sweet Betsy bush and catch and kill a young rabbit in front of us. Quick as lightning. This rabbit was almost tame around us, and my wife had named it Foo, for Little Bunny Foo Foo...I alternated calling it Foo Fighter, or Kung Fu. My wife was really sad. Me, too.