Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #151,832  
It's 64F This morning. It was mid 90s yesterday. It almost feels cold now.

My wife hates for me to be bored. Yesterday she asked me if I wanted to wash windows. Today is the second half. There was a time when we could do the whole house in a day. I guess it goes without saying that the lawn needs mowing.

I hate to say it when so many have been having bad weather but we have been enjoying some perfect days here in Lancaster.

Hope you are all getting by.

Chris

/ Good morning!!!! #151,833  
Good morning! 58 now, depending on which weather app we use, it will be 68 or 72 today. I will take it after working outside clearing downed trees in the low 90’s this week.

Get well soon @toppop52

Nice picture and honor for your dad @buckeyefarmer

If I could bottle some of this rain and ship it to you @LS Tractor Owner , I would. We have had a lot this week.

7’ of the ridge vent was ripped off the barn early Tuesday morning. With no phone service, trying to find someone to patch it was a problem. I have an issue with heights, and the barn roof is way more than a 6’ step ladder which makes me nervous. The piece that was ripped off was laying next to the barn and wasn’t really all that screwed up. Came up with a sketchy idea of attaching wood blocks to the ridge vent and attaching it to the rafters. I had some intermittent cell service that allowed me to send texts. My nephew was willing to help, but he hates heights too. He has his own flooring/maintenance company, shut down the job he was doing Thursdaymorning and came out to help with the patch since more storms were in the forecast. I had already had the piece in place and marked it by the time he got here. My wife and my nephew both thought the idea was sketchy. But, we installed the blocks and off to the barn we went. We were able to pass the piece up through from the inside an attach it to the rafters with some sealant on the edges, literally, we spent more time BS’ing and getting out/putting away tools than we did patching the roof. My nephew told me when we were done that not only wasn’t the fix a sketchy idea, it was actually a good idea that was simple to do. And after the Thursdaydeluge, the barn was dry.

Took this pic Thursday evening when I went up the road to get enough cell service to send an email to the increasingly annoying insurance guy. This is a 1/2 mile from the house and these are the power lines that supply our house. And we are the last property on these lines.

I was pessimistic we would have any power anytime soon. So when it came on at 8:30 yesterday morning, I was stunned. Thanks to the power company and their employees for getting the power on!

Cell service is still poor, landline is out, but the internet works great. Which is odd since it is the same line. But locally, all landlines are still out.

Took yesterday off from cleanup. Back at it today. Got some hanging downed trees to deal with. Hopefully I survive!

Everyone stay safe out there!

/ Good morning!!!! #151,834  
Good Morning.
It’s 63 and probably won’t make 70 today. Overcast now, clearing later with no rain forecast.

Yesterday was a busy day. Started with Breakfast with the professor, came home and did some paperwork before going for drug test. Only had to wait an hour before getting rid of the two ice teas I drank on the way to the clinic. I was ready.
Got home hooked up the Progressive to the tractor after dropping the loader off of it.
View attachment 750537

Went out for lunch and started mowing when I got back. Texted DIL to let her know I was mowing, because there was no sign of grandson. They were swimming, so I had to mow alone.
Got all the open areas done, cleaned and parked the mower. Put the tractor away and hopped on the Lazer. Got everything cut with it, fueled and blew it off and put it away.
Retrieved the trash cans from the street, and figured I’d save the string trimmer for today.

/ Good morning!!!! #151,835  
Morning all, sun is peeking between clouds and only getting up to 70 today.
Work last night finished a few hours early at 10pm so I was happy.

Today off to friends house for surprise 30th birthday party for their son. I feel so old......

Topop - hope you feel better soon-hospitals are so boring

Rich - glad fix worked - hope you are able to get cleanup done without too much fuss.

Might not be a good pool day at friends party. But it will be good to see their "kids" together. I still picture them as still little sometimes. But they are all grown now.

Stay safe and be well,
20220617_165757.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #151,837  
Not really enough stuff to make a dump run...I like to have a full load (especially at fuel prices today). I really thought we had more, but one bag isn't worth the trip.
As I'd written earlier today, bit wet out and quite overcast now...I can smell the rain coming.
So, a kick back day, I think. Since I was up and about from 0100 to about 0300 this morning...might take a nap...

My wife gave me her laptop, a Lenovo, which my stepdaughter and I had given to her (wife) as a Christmas present. She (wife) really prefers a tower...so do I. But since I worked from home a good chunk of the last 8-9 months, I've developed a fondness for using a laptop while watching TV in the living room.
Anyway, pretty much got it set up...I think it's a 16" screen (definitely bigger than my work Dell) and a solid-state hard drive. It's taken some time to figure out the keyboard as there are quite a few controls there. I ordered an external Blu Ray drive which should be here today.... reckon I'll see how the works. I already have external storage, so I don't need more of that

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #151,838  
Good morning to all! Low was 55°, currently 65° at 08:00, heading for a high of 80°. Good chance of another T-storm. The rain gauge had .29" for yesterday, 2 day total of .54" .....

Randy, I hope you are feeling better and get out soon! Do we need to scramble the extraction team?

Rich, nice job thinking out of the box for the repair.

Drew, sorry to read about your hands. Hope the CBD helps. Glad the neck feels better.

Doug, congrats on a successful fly day! Sounds like you have a "keeper" with the new plane. Wings are fun aren't they? Have you tried a backflip with a wing? There used to be a guy at our field that would do aerobatic maneuvers you would think were impossible.

Scaredy, quite the sad story..... Seems like mental illness is becoming more prevalent these days.... and less intervention. I wonder what it's going to take before those in charge open their eyes?

Today's agenda is to get the stain on the raised planter and move it out to the courtyard. After that ??.... maybe get back to the picket fence / backyard expansion project. That will depend on the storm chances....

Everyone have a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #151,839  
Good Morning.

63F, breezy, and sunny @ 10:30, heading up to a high of around 69F for the day with winds out of the NW @ 10 - 20 mph.

Going to be a long pants, long-sleeved shirt, and boots kind of day I think.

First item on agenda will be to move plants and seedlings out of the garage into the sun.

Then move the Cub out of the garage so I can get to the little oil drain pan ... which still has oil in it from the last time I changed the oil in the Cub ... :LOL:

Once I get that drained into a larger drain pan (which has a spigot on it that will allow me to pour it into a jug) I'll do a bit more straightening up and organizing in the garage, so we can get around in there better.

But probably first take the Cub up and do a little mowing in the compost/wood lot to warm the engine up so I can start the oil draining.

Pull the pre filter for the air cleaner and get it washed out so it can be drying.

I got the aquarium stand planter moved out of the dining room yesterday to the front entryway, so get that moved outside in front of the kitchen window.

Mix up some MiracleGro plant food and get it put on the Yellow Crookneck squash and tomato plants in the garden. Probably hit the rhubarb while I'm at it.

Take some mulch over in the dump cart and mulch around those.

Get some zucchini plants planted out there.

Have a look at the front lawn and see if I can hold off on mowing another day.

Have a few over-hanging branches that need trimmed back so may see about that as well.

Plus whatever else the day brings.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable, productive, and safe Saturday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #151,840  
67°F and 1.74 inches rain, turned into a rather moist day yesterday.

I did manage to grill about wheel barrow and half of junk wood. Turned it into somewhat solemn event, retired 26 American flags. In the past I had taken my unserviceable flags to my retired military group occasionally, but we hadn’t a flag retirement ceremony in quite awhile, so had my own.
Rained out of dump run, hopefully Sunday.

Will have to see how weather shakes out today, more rain forecast.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day