Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #152,421  
popgadget - gee thanks

1656623556756.png

/ Good morning!!!! #152,422  
off to my library meeting, studied their website, looked at their financials, have a few questions to keep them on their toes.
after a glass of likely sour chardonnay that gives me stomach acid, I will try to forage on their appetizers. Patron's night and I intend
to be wined and dined. Sort of, minimal expectations.

it's a very interesting challenge keeping a library current and relevant with today's internet pervasiveness.
We don't research any more; we Google...

Library is very concerned over censorship. I'm going to suggest one shelf of every book banned anywhere.
My late Uncle would love to buy those books, he would detest literary censorship.
Plus if they can say they have a special collection of banned books, I think it will bring students in to study them.
Everything has to be age appropriate though, and that becomes a judgment call.

In my day, it was how old did you have to be to read Catcher In The Rye?

/ Good morning!!!! #152,424  
Our local servo is always cheaper than any others in the district. They are undergoing a major upgrade at present. (tanks and pumps) Here is the latest pricing when I tanked up yesterday.
Looks like we are cheaper than scaredychickens fuel price.
20220629_132322.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #152,425  
Are you sure? Our town started using "Purple Pipe Reclaimed Water" in 1979 at the University's golf course. Then in 1999 the city was issued one of the first reuse authorization by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality to use reclaimed water for our neighborhood's golf courses. It has expanded to other golf courses and the city park. California also uses "Purple Pipe Reclaimed Water". It is a way to get low cost irrigation water that does not have to be up to drinking water treatment standards. Does anyone else out there know if the "Purple Pipe Reclaimed Water" is used in their areas?

Got new tires yesterday but the alignment was good and did not need adjustment so I still don't know what caused the premature wearing on the inside tread on the driver's side front tire. Any ideas? Tires had 26,000 miles were rotated 2 or 3 times.

72˚ heading to the mid 90s. Sun is on full throttle.
It is not a big thing in this area but we do have the purple pipes in some areas.
Light rain started last night and is quite constant. First we have had since the floods. Only 1.8 mm/hour.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #152,426  
72F clouds here and there.

Well half 2022 soon memory. :oops:
Been good day...finally gave lawns fields trimming and holiday haircut. :)
Looks like the drought monitor showing early stages for us. :(

Heading for the deck with spirit and smooth cigar,and listen for sounds of the night critter passing by.

Enjoy your evening all.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,427  
A productive, but tiring day..... I can't let Drew be the only one wore out!

I got half of the backyard done. Raked up the top layer of 'old mulch', shoveled it into the tractor bucket and moved it to a back landscape bed that didn't have any on it. Then loaded 40 bags of mulch in the loader and moved them to the backyard.

I almost think that was the easy part..... spreading 40 bags just tuckered me out! Took many breaks for fluid and rest. The temp got up to 86°, but it was the 50% humidity level that got to me.... I was actually sweating today. That hasn't happened in at least a year. Our summer humidity is usually around 15-20%.

Pennwalk, I did look up Eric..... he hasn't been on TBN since April 28th. I hope he is just really busy and nothing has happened. He did not give any forewarning that he was going to be offline.

Knee has complained enough, time to go put it up on a pillow.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,429  
Our local servo is always cheaper than any others in the district. They are undergoing a major upgrade at present. (tanks and pumps) Here is the latest pricing when I tanked up yesterday.
Looks like we are cheaper than scaredychickens fuel price. View attachment 752314
can you imagine if this were dollars?????????????????????????

Ted, looks great, rest that knee. Nice job.

one hour schmooze session at local library, met a high school classmate I hadn't seen in 40 years which was cool. Good shrimp, same stuff I took to Catskills this past weekend.
had couple of small glasses of wine, four shrimp, my dinner, half a dozen cuke slices with hummis, and beat it out of there.

Don, yes you have already won. You are innately healthier.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,430  
Just saw the drought outlook for our area.... Even though we got almost 3 inches of rain since June 15th, we are still in extreme drought. At least out of the 'exceptional' category. The chances of afternoon storms start increasing tomorrow, and are forecasted for at least the next week. I hope we get more than just a passing sprinkle.