Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #152,481  
Good evening all. 72ºF for the start, light breeze, mostly clear. Light wind today, mostly clear sky, and high temp was 96ºF, and HI 100ºF. Bike ride in morning, then putter, with nap thrown in. Weather will be hot temp 100's Hi mostly 105ºF or higher in 10 day.
Roy good news with no findings yet.
Drew what is the Heat Index(HI) for the 92ºF ? Hope the dirt work helps the septic system.
Bird never thought about tire defects. Thanks for info
Kilroy must be frustrating having rain that close to home. Welcome to GM.
Paul glad you did not scratch the truck. Hope you get the the a/c cab before heat starts.
Thomas hope you puttered inside.
Billy sorry no rain. Nice to your mom is that independent at 91. Hope she can find community she likes.
Scaredy hope the festivities were fun.
Buppies prayers for you and the wife.
Don the water sure dried up fast. My subdivision is no fireworks year round.
Dennis hopr you get a good visit in with son.
RNG glad fires not issue yet, and trench dug. Hope your shade works out.
RNG it is a wonder that no studs were broken. Sorry about computer issues, hope rest of day went better
RS hope you get rain soon. Got a lot done. Hope A/C keeps you cool and Kubota done soon.
David glad your follow up went so well.
Ted sounded like nice morning on porch, hope mulch replacement went well. Sorry about losing Kassie
Drew glad you got mowing done. what is going on with tailgate retaining pin?
Dennis glad you are getting rain sorry about losing cat soon.
Doug just use my coffee maker, makes water hot quickly :)
Doug hope you can enjoy family and Leslie's Dr appt goes well.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter/friend PT from Covid, Bird/aging issues/, Don /mom's pipeline process, Randy/FIL living alone adjustments /MIL Covid /son's heart issues, /pneumonia, Roy /palpitations, /angina , Billy /wife fall, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /3 new skin cancer spots and treatment, /wife knee healing, Thomas/gout, /operation and recovery, Phil /reflux, /wife's eyes, Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Grev/wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery/retirement, / passing out issues, /family issues, /wife feeling bad, Doug and wife/health issues, /nerve and pain, / wife's hospital stay, /torn bicep, Ken /kids shot tragedy, David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery recovery, /cataract surgery, /Sophie's hand infection, Chris/neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /aches abd pains and spasms, Paul/ wife's disc issues, Gale and KY/ tornado victims, Mike /5 year plan, Dennis /retirement plans / brother "alligallyitus" and improving, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend cancer diagnosis and recovery, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Ukraine war, mass shooting victims and family, and Country.
stay safe and healthy you all.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,482  
Didn't get to any of the mulch today. The first section that was done has a gate, which now wouldn't open because of the top dressing 3-4" of new mulch. I figured that should be taken care of before proceeding with any more mulch.
It's a 4' wide gate and has those big spring type closures on it. Dismantled the springs, gate hinges, and lock catch. Raised it up 4" and put it all back together. While I had all the tools out, figured it would be a good time to do the same for the double gate on the other side, before I do the mulch.

That one was a bit more involved, since it has 2-4' gates, one has a 12" long pin to hold it stationary and the other gate latches to it. Got it all fixed up to clear more mulch.

I was sweating my butt off, sitting there battling the gates. Temp went up to 86°, but I could feel the humidity coming in. Took a break for some cold liquids, heard a couple rumbles.... that quick a storm was forming!

Just enough to wet everything and chase me inside. Had 2 more storms pass through. Not much quantity of rain, maybe a 1/10th. Just had another shower that lasted 10 minutes. We'll take any we can get!

Tomorrow is another day.....

/ Good morning!!!! #152,483  
Dave, they make a special circular sawblade for a table saw for cutting polycarbonate. They work great. I have had trouble getting good cuts because the plastic would melt in front of the blade and mess up my projects.

Thanks, Kyle. Just used a fine tooth (plywood) blade put in backward, my 51/2 in , 18v Ryobi. Did great.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,484  
Wagtail, After saying that, the rain stopped. I think we missed the worst of it. Just far enough inland. Only 17.6 deg atm. 80% humidity.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,485  
"But does it really matter if the heating coil is in the bottom of the pot instead of under it?"

I thought I read that the new rage is cold brewed. :LOL:

Hmmm, so Aussies would have a special cold kettle instead of a refrigerator?
As I remember growing up, most people had a tea kettle on the stove. It would whistle when ready.

/ Good morning!!!! #152,487  
good morning all
warm sticky day, 76 going up to high 80's with storms this afternoon.

home fries cooking on stove, going to take it slow today. Need to recuperate from all that bouncing around on mower.

might change oil in mower this morning, got to 50 hours. Using JD's Plus 50 conventional oil to break in engine. Normally I'd put full synthetic in at second oil change, but
I have an extra quart of dino oil so going to use that up. Then my go to is a gallon jug of 10/30 full syn.
Also need to grease that center mower spindle, the one I can't get to easily. will likely have to take that accessory off end and use just a regular fitting.

landlady called and cancelled meeting, contractor could not come. As long as something is done by next Spring, I'll be happy. But if they want to put a small berm in need some time to
grow grass on it.

no word back from Randy/Toppop

/ Good morning!!!! #152,488  
74° now with light rain, may see some thunderstorms later this morning. Dew point is 70° and feels a bit soupy out. Guesser’s say it will clear up later today. I hope so for those with outside plans.

Got the dead hemlock’s down and cleaned up without incident earlier this week while it was cooler out.

Dump run this morning and take the rest of the day as it comes, or as the wife says. It’s her weekend, our anniversary is Monday. How she’s put up with me for 42 years I’ll never understand .

Enjoy your day everyone
Stay safe and healthy

Prayers for those in need, our country and peace around the world