Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #153,911  
my friend who spent last week in hospital emailed me, both he and wife are sneezing away, alligator bit.
Sigh. So of course I tested, negative, and have zero symptoms. Fingers crossed, will test again tomorrow.
His wife thought she was being ok not wearing her mask in husband's hospital room....needless to say I never took mine off.
but had to notify three other people I have seen recently, including my dinner companion last night.

90 out with rain coming in after dinner time.
making spaghetti sauce for rigatoni tonight, house smells good

/ Good morning!!!! #153,912  
My lesson went well today, so got feet up this afternoon. Went to different restaurant for lunch with a different set of people from church. We don’t usually go to this one because it is very small. We were fortunate to be able to pull a couple tables to fit 11.

Hotdogs after service tonight.

80° and overcast. Got trash to curb already. Got more bags filled than I set out. Been filling up extra bags cleaning up around the house. Havent made a noticeable dent yet.

Calling for rain soon.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,913  
.34” rain during my nap, still raining

/ Good morning!!!! #153,914  
70°F and .20 inches rain.

Got a few hours mowing. This interior sectors looking good.

Late night for us. Picked up son and family at airport. Didn’t get home until 10.

Need to make a dump run.

BIL joining us this afternoon for a family dinner. Sophie’s lasagna looking very good.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day
Hope your son's stay at the Dave and Sophie castle is a good one.

We had roast beef, rice, gravy and green beans. Dog got some scraps and is taking a nap with the wifey.

Still hot. Bird, I was looking back, we only had .07" of rain in the month of July, a little over 1" the month of June.

One guy said the cracks in the ground are God's way of aerating the soil. He said a cotton farmer told him that after the drought of 2011, he had a record crop in 2012.

Ranchers are sweating it. Ponds are low. Fields are brown. Plenty of hay on large trailers coming south through our town. This will sure put the small time ranchers on the sidelines, unless they have deep pockets to buy $$$ hay. Hay is over double normal price.

Church was good. Our old pastor came back and gave us a sermon after 5 years away. My Sunday school class watched part of the first episode of "The Chosen" series. Good series for a low budget. Turn on the captions.

PJS, my guess is your boss will be sad to hear it, if you turn in your notice. Why won't they move the shop to a safer location? I dream about having a short commute. Listen to audio books to pass the time on my drive. My new job is a keeper, benefits wise. I have stairs to climb, to get up to my office, and they are taking a toll on my knees. May need to move my office downstairs to the Renishaw AM400 room. Nice and air conditioned down to 70 when all the units are working. I may have just found a new helper/worker at church. Hope I can get him hired in time for Aug 16th mid month.

My old company hired a new guy, a bit younger than me. I guess he's making less enough than I did, they decided to buy a new cnc mill (which I've been telling them they've needed for about 5 years). Or maybe they didn't want the new guy to quit after he finds out he needs a better mill to make parts larger than 12" x 12"

/ Good morning!!!! #153,915  
Morning all, going up to 89 today.
<snip>

I have had this power washer for 5 years, it was around $80. cleaned the whole pool deck and lower deck this year and still going strong. I don't use any chemicals or cleaners.
Do you use one of those rotary spray "surface cleaners" like in this link?
Those made a big difference for me. But being the cheapskate I am, I waited for years to buy one on sale.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,916  
Good Day All,

sounds like everyone is busy with the yard work that I should also be doing.

i did a lot of bookkeeping / office work yesterday (Sat)

had lunch with my sister after church today. she lives 6 hrs away, but was in the area. nice to see her and have a chat. she's concerned about my / marriage situation ... still waiting for my wife to be well enough to drive the 8 hrs home from up north where she has been assisting her father.

Popgadget - I'm hoping that I can find a similar post hole auger that can attach to the front of my Kubota BX23S. I have yet to see that set up.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,917  
We got 1.31” of nice easy rain. We needed it. Sorry for those still looking.

Had our outdoor service under our big tent with the rain. hot dogs and sides afterwards.
Nice evening.

Raining again, up to 1.43”

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #153,919  
Good (Monday) morning. Another very mild overnight Low of 9.4C. It's windy and the cloud cover has dissipated but not until 5.5mm of rain accumulated in the gauge. It's currently 14.2C but the wind chill knocks that down to around 11C.

It's a dhobi day.

Take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #153,920  
Scaredy, here is one perfect for your tractor:

They are about $3200 USD, so pretty pricey! Need to do a lot of holes for that price!