Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #154,181  
81F and mostly cloudy @ 12:00, HI 88F, DP 73F ... so pretty much tropical levels of humidity. Heading up to an actual high of around 88F for the day, with a 50% chance of scattered thunderstorms this afternoon/evening. The only saving grace will be a fair amount of cloud cover.

Area of thunderstorms in southern WI, northern IL, western MI, northern IN tracking this way.

Looking forward to the cooler temps arriving on Tuesday (high of 78F)

Had two instances of having to recapture some of the neighbor's escaped goats yesterday. After the second time, two of them got out again immediately. Since they mostly seemed to be hanging around near the fence line with the other goats, we just let them go.

Got the hopper feeder and one suet feeder refilled yesterday.

Unsure what all on agenda for today.

Need to check potted plants to see if they need watered.

Since I have the box blade on, probably level out the screened compost/manure I dumped on the garden before I fertilize and till it all in.

Check for more squash to harvest in the garden area.

Probably more box blading clean up, up in the compost/wood lot and possibly compost/manure screening.

Beyond that see what comes up.

Hope everyone has a great Sunday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #154,182  
Mowing is done...went to change the string in the EGO trimmer, but the short remnants I want remove and replace with longer string won't pull through. Time to find the manual and see what I'm doing wrong.
I also marked a number of branches I need to cut down...mid-80's now and I'm sipping on a PBR, so no chainsaw/pole saw work today
Reckon I'll see if I can replace the string though, even if I don't use the trimmer today.

Time for a shower and do some laundry...

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #154,184  
68°F and 0 rain

The kids are on their way home, actually in the air enroute LAX to IAD (Dulles). Great to have had them here. Had been 5 years since they were here,partially due to pandemic. TG for FaceTime.

Today likely be a decompression day for us. Need to unwind from being in parent mode. Discussion and hope we were able to do our best. As you guys know, even if they are 50 yo, still your kids and their best interests are priority. Nothing life threatening. These two are fortunate to have good employment, but like too many have dug themselves into a financial hole these last few years. Their plan was they could dig themselves out themselves but were reluctant to get help/advice until this trip. Gonna be a 2 year process but success is in sight. God give us all strength.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #154,185  
The batch of amended soil made up. Then 10, not 8, trees transplanted into bigger containers. Then 8 other plants moved into bigger containers too. Increased the drip rate on 2 apple trees from 2 gal/hr to 4 gal/hr.

Still have to make up 2 supply manifolds for the raised bed planters. I may go back out being we are under some cloud cover now.... temp went up to 86°, but has since dropped back down to 80° now. Need to get it done before the next scheduled irrigation day, which is Tuesday.

The house is smelling really good.... the pork roast should be done by about 3pm, so an early dinner tonight. I can't decide on a bowl of sorbet or cherry pie A~La mode.... decisions, decisions ......

/ Good morning!!!! #154,186  
when RNG wants to cruise like a big rig,
I think his new bike just showed up in town

/ Good morning!!!! #154,187  
74F and a steady, light rain @ 16:00, high hit 91F before the TS rolled in ... which is 3F hotter than what they were calling for. LWS reports 0.58" so far.

Looks like Rich is probably getting dumped on.

Managed to get the box blade run over the areas in the expanded garden area that needed it before the deluge commenced plus a few more bucketloads of screened compost/manure hauled down and dumped.

Also got the squash and pumpkin plants in pots watered ... so of course, it rained ... :LOL:

Neighbors with the goats were by scoping out the fence line. Asked if we wanted any cucumbers so we swapped some squash for cukes:

IMG_1933 copy.jpg

Rain has stopped for the moment.

May go run the box blade over the driveway and fill in the potholes now that it's wet and there won't be any dust.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,188  
90F sun cloud mix 5-10mph breeze feels good.
After trip to town decided to mow front field,all most done mowing when 15+ mins of heavy rain arrive,park the mower under maple and enjoy every rain drop landed on me.

BBQing some deck time early to bed out the front door before dawn.

Enjoy your evening all.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,189  
Hope your day went well Buppies and your feet are up enjoying AC.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,190  
Good Afternoon
It was 77 at 8:30 this morning and made it past 90 so far. Good breeze blowing.

Yesterday’s trip to Lansing was actually fun. We borrowed a car from the airport and went to town to get lunch.
Turns out that the Lansing Jazz Festival was going on. We had to go about the time the first band started, but I had the pleasure of seeing my cabinets on stage. Had a nice chat with the bassist that used them. He was excited to meet me, and I had to meet the rest of the band, and then he took me up to the front of house engineer, because he wanted to know about the cabs. So I hung out there for the sound checks and some general BS’ing.
Sure beat hanging out at the airport for passing the time.
And we had no issues with all the scattered thunderstorms, so it was an easy day.

Today was spent preparing for the mini-split install tomorrow. Had to clear up space inside for access, as I’m replacing the line set as well.

Youngest son just stopped by, helped me move a roll of fence fabric into the shed. I was ready for him, had the forks on tractor when he got here.