Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #154,231  
I found this plane very interesting.
They have taken a Texas cropduster plane over to Oklahoma for weaponizing into a plane called The Sky Warden.
Looks like a mini AWACs inside.
Even Popgadget might have to look twice at the gauge panel...

apparently August 1st they awarded the contract.
I can't wait to see how many get taken out by drug lords in the first production month ....
I am sure like AWACS they will need to fly very far away from the action.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,234  
[riptides: it is a cicada killer hornet/wasp.]

Hmmm... interesting. I Googled and apparently we have them here in Australia too. The male has no stinger and the female avoids humans.

-----------------------------------------------------

Good late (Tuesday) morning. Another frosty overnight Low of -1.8C. It's clear and calm. The current temp is 14.4C, which is above the predicted High.

That's about it, take care all.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #154,235  
Looked at an outback on a dealers lot after work, but passed. Don’t like the touchscreen for every function, prefer knobs like on the Forester. Almost no foresters available anywhere. Can order some 2022 models, but not the premium model I want.
I’ll wait. Didn’t want to buy for another year, and then to replace the pilot. Probably won’t get another pilot with kids grown up, we don’t use the 3rd row anymore.
IMG_5312.JPG

Ornery kitty now licking my face. She keeps going after my fingers on the phone.

Mowed everything this side of the creek after supper. all of yard, field & along creek. Finished as it was getting dark, but managed to pick 2 1/2 dozen ears of corn. More needs picked. Probably our best sweet corn crop ever.
IMG_5312.JPG

Bunch of tomatoes about ready also.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,236  
Took the string trimmer for a 4 hour walk (actually much longer if you include multiple breaks....
Why is it that weeds grow a foot overnight with a couple ounces of water, but regular landscaping plants take gallons of water and grow an inch....

Something backwards there.....

Had a couple of brief showers, maybe a 10th of an inch, not much. The forecast last night showed rain chances for 6 out of 7 days.... the forecast this evening doesn't show any rain chances at all now....

I guess I will be running the irrigation system again tomorrow....

Time to relax.... too many parts are complaining....

/ Good morning!!!! #154,238  
72F with light rain @ 22:45, headed down to a low of 71F overnight.

NWS issued a Special Weather Statement earlier, apparently there were severe thunderstorms with high winds bearing down on the area earlier around 21:00. Seems to have largely dissipated here although other adjacent areas may have gotten hit pretty good.

Was largely an inside day, as the heat and humidity outside was oppressive.

Ran down to the corner and got gas and diesel plus a can of starting fluid.

Before it got entirely rude I did take some compostables up to the pile and then came back down and rinsed out some buckets.

Cleaned up office area.

I did go up this afternoon and bump what was left of the woodpile with the FEL on the Kubota.

Yup, Yellowjackets are still there.

Also dropped off a can of acetone in the shop.

Texted one neighbor about the wayward goats who had escaped yet again.

Later this evening The Woman and I went up and called on the wife of the other neighbor and offered our support if she needs anything.

He is coming home from the hospital on Wednesday.

Doesn't look like he has very long, probably just days rather than weeks.

Very sad.

Just goes to show you: you never know.

Hope you all have a good evening.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,239  
Good evening all. 78ºF for the start, partly cloudy sky, light breeze. Light wind with moderate gusts, Sky clouded up some more, and high temp was 100ºF, HI 103ºF. Slept in till 8 :(, late start on bike ride, did not mow. Puttered in garage some and did get nap in.
Rich sorry to hear about MIL, My condolences. Really sorry about pet sitter. Shame about the BSA rally. Congrats on weight loss and BP drop.
RS glad driveway graded, glad hornets dealt with nice work on wood/compost area. Hope bobcat not issue for you and pets.
Roy good luck with customer audit, hope you get some rain.
Buppies sorry job went south. Hope you can recover tonight.
Mike sorry you are having to work so hard in the heat. Hope mowing is more than 1/4 done. Hope you did not get stung.
Drew hope the PT went well and exceeded your expectations, may take several sessions.
Buppies that is hot!
Don Sounds good, like spicy, don't like HOT.
Dennis not good time to be looking for cars, I take it?
Paul hope new heat pump helps you beat the heat.
Billy Good luck finding cheap 2X4.
Ken sorry about inverter board, anybody fixing or re-engineering them? Nice pics
Drew is interesting, just pontoon not my first choice.
Ted glad you got rain sorry about open window. Hope you get irrigation done., and repotting goes well.
RS hope you got the welding done on floorboards. Interesting pic, hope deer don't eat too much.
Drew interesting flood story.
David glad kids are safely home. sorry about rain messing with outside work.
Gale ready for cooler summer.
Thomas glad not too long on job.
Drew interesting airplane.
Dennis good luck with the car search. Kitty really seems to have missed you. Nice pics
Ted long time to be carrying trimmer. sorry rain is over. Our rain chances have evaporated :(
Newbury thanks for info.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter/friend PT from Covid,/mom's breathing, /learning new job, Bird/aging issues/, Don /mom's pipeline process, /fire nearby, Randy/FIL living alone adjustments /MIL Covid /son's heart issues, /pneumonia and not posting, Roy /palpitations, /angina , Billy /wife back & hip, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /3 new skin cancer spots and treatment, /wife knee healing, /getting dehydrated and cramping, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, /wife's eyes, Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Grev/wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery/retirement, /family issues, /wife feeling bad, Doug and wife/health issues, /nerve and pain, / wife's hospital stay, Ken /kids shot tragedy, David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery recovery, /cataract surgery, /Sophie's hand infection, Chris/neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /wife not feeling well, /marriage, / frind stop drinking, Paul/ wife's disc issues, Gale and KY/ tornado victims, Mike /5 year plan, Dennis /retirement plans / brother "alligallyitus" and improving, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend cancer diagnosis and recovery, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #154,240  
2022-08-09, 0402

76° right now...high in the low 80's... hopefully some much needed rain today

This is insane
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/*****-says-mar-a-lago-home-florida-siege-fbi-agents

Last edited: