Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #157,171  
Good early (Monday) arvo everyone. I'm back from my Canada trip and I'm trying to catch up on a fortnight's worth of postings. We're still experiencing early Spring temperatures, 3C overnight and it's presently a surprising 23.5C outside! The rain gauge was checked/emptied yesterday with 68.1mm in it over the past 2 weeks. I'm expecting another rain event for Thursday/Friday.

The flights to and from Canada were great and the luggage made it, both there & back with no complications. I, and my mate from Brisbane, flew Premium Economy for the long-haul 14+ hour flights from Sydney to Vancouver (highly recommended) and back... the bonus was that my mate's travel agent somehow bumped us up, at no extra cost, to Business Class for all of the other flights! The only hiccup was the Vancouver 'domestic' security, due to a 'language' discrepancy, when my mate answered the "do you have any drugs?" question with "yes" = meaning that he had prescription medicine. 😄 They darn-near strip searched him!

The family, and extended family, visits were wonderful. The Autumn leaves were beginning to change and we took in quite a few touristy things around Southern Ontario including Niagara Falls, Queenston Heights/Fort George & Niagara-on-the-Lake plus we took in a Blue Jays baseball game at Toronto. They played the NY Yankees and this bloke, Judge, hit his 61st homerun. He received a standing ovation from the entire stadium.

The food was fantastic and I really had to watch, proportion-wise, how much I ate or I could've really packed on the kilos.

Although I returned on Saturday, it was a 'late' 1900. I managed to get a 2 litre carton of milk prior to arriving home, had tea, unpacked and stayed up 'til 2130. I woke early, 0600, Sunday and then went to collect Penelope the pussybeast up from the cattery. She didn't travel 'well' on the trip home but did settle in once she realised that she was 'home'.

That's about it, it's good to be back... take care all.

/ Good morning!!!! #157,173  
Good evening all. 61ºF for the start, overcast, light breeze. Light wind, overcast most of day, some sun peeking through late, and high temp was 82ºF. Rain in 10 day forecast mostly evaporated. Had chance this morning but only got enough to put a few drops in windshield. Chapel to start day, made pancakes for breakfast afterwards. did some light puttering including washing dishes and sweeping porch. Harassed gopher with smoke bomb, it made several new mounds today. Did get nap in, and watched some of the Cowboys game.
First tractor was 8N, sold it when i got the Ford 1700(Shibaura built.).
Dennis hope you can get all this worked out.
Don quite the crowd at the farm.
Bill Sorry about the rain. Hope you can arrange delivery of the welding. Have fun in the rabbit hole.
Drew sorry about the cold and church situation, have to wonder why no one else was picking up on issues. It is good people are asking about your absence.
Kilroy good to hear decoration nearly done.
NHBX good to hear knee back to "normal". Hope you were able to conserve some energy.
Billy frost already :(
Dennis nice pic.
Thomas good plan.
Billy hope good time had by all at festival. nice pics
Drew sorry garden is winding down.
Frits sorry about the cantankerous chainsaw. Good luck with back up saw.
Drew nice tractor.
James hope you had a good Thanksgiving. nice color.
Frits nice you still have first tractor and you were able to overhaul it.
James don't want to touch metal in the cold ;)
Paul glad mowing done and got the manure bin pushed back. Hope the wedding is satisfactory to the happy couple.
Kyle sorry you got your post pruned, at least you got an explanation.
Buppies Sorry about too much reading, and elbow not cooperating. prayers sent
Bupies congrats on finding Winchester.
Ken glad bonfire fun time by all. Nice job on microwave install.
Rich 30ºF sounds more like a freeze. Hope deck went well.
RS nice an quiet this morning. hope you got your agenda done today.
Joel welcome to GM thread, sorry about no deer worth shooting.
RS neat color pics and watching pic.
PJ cleaning coop does not sound like fun job.
David good to hear progress. Hope Starlink gets delivered.
Scaredy good luck with caching up!!
RNG hope you get some rain with the cool down. Glad oil showed for the trannie and final drive. Hope you get some good leaf peeping.
Drew hope your pasta sauce turns out.
Dennis sorry you had issues at church. Just not Christ like :(
Drew hope the old Meeting group does right by you and the caretaker. Hope visit with sis went well.
Thomas cute buck story
David I was never as fast as I thought I was :)
Roy glad you are done with chipper for season, and it is off. Good luck with hook mod.
Drew thanks for explanation of hunter's moon.
Buppies glad wife well enough to mow grass. I would complain about moving 32 packs of water ;)
Rich sorry no camera.
Dennis thanks for pic.
Randy(wag) welcome back. Glad travel went well. Breaking old baseball records is big deal here. Sorry Penelope did not travel well on trip home.
Dennis never have seen them working that late!
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter and family drama, /mom's breathing, /learning new job, /friends upcoming new baby, Bird/aging issues/, Don /mom's pipeline process, , Roy /palpitations, /angina, /alligatoritus, /wife ankle,recover from getting sick, Billy /wife back & hip, mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /new skin cancer spot and treatment, /elbow healing, /wife knee healing, Thomas /gout, /wife's pain, Phil /reflux, /wife's eyes, Frits/ daughters hip replacement /veteran son with mental issues,Ken /dad possible dementia Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Grev/wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement, /family issues, /wife feeling bad, Lou / eye issues, Doug and wife/health issues, /nerve and pain, / wife headaches, David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery recovery, Chris /neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /wife not feeling well, /marriage, / friend stop drinking, Paul/ wife's healing from back surgery, Gale and KY/ tornado victims, Mike /5 year plan, Dennis /retirement plans and land purchase and development, / brother "alligallyitus" and back in hospital, Drew /foot heel issues, /friend cancer diagnosis and recovery, Mike /spine injury and recovery, Scotty, /back pain, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Mark /wife colon surgery, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #157,174  
1665383329608.png

CANADA style 🇨🇦

Have a special Monday everyone

/ Good morning!!!! #157,175  
2022-10-10, 0343

35° right now...going to be a chilly, wet day....lower 50's and showers.

Up early, heading to the plant today...

/ Good morning!!!! #157,177  
38 high of 67 today no rain till Thursday

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving

prayers for all our Country

/ Good morning!!!! #157,178  
good morning all
nice sunny Fall weather for next two days
I think I might work on building that scraper by myself today, laid out all the tools I need, just so many screws and parts, which are becoming harder to deal with
due to gripping and bad arthritis. I need to get it out of the way, which is not the only thing I need to move. I need to take golf cart to friend's warehouse before the first snow so I can put
the car away in the garage. A lifetime of scraping ice and snow; made a promise to myself not to do it anymore. Maybe next year I'll build a decent storage shed where I had originally intended to and solve this myself. But when a friend has a heated/cooled warehouse, well.....
Plus he walks very poorly, with a cane, and I bet he'd enjoy driving the cart around the office...

I have a good custom oversized cover for the JD lawn mower, so I don't mind leaving that out, air cooled engine, not much to hurt if fully covered, cover
has vents in it, but no tiedown holes. So every once in a while it gets blown off. I bought some extra long bungee cords this year to hopefully solve that issue this winter.
Before it gets put away for the winter, everything gets a spray of oil or something on it. Rust is the termite colony on metal.
Winter condensation can get pretty bad, whole new experience in NC dealing with high humidity where barn and wood shop full of cold tools then met the
heat and high humidity of the day. I'd go down and find everything literally soaked in water. Obviously terrible for tools. Have the same issue in current unheated uninsulated garage.
I've wiped that nice drill press down with oil more than I've drilled with it. Same with my vice, my sander tables, etc. Anything iron or bare steel.

Now I bet Ted could put steel in his back yard for weeks and it wouldn't rust...