Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #170,501  
We went for a ride that wife was giving directions for on obscure roads one county over. Lots of single lane bridges, pretty country side and farm barns. Do not think we met more than couple of cars. Very peaceful drive. Took a few pics to share including this farmers tractors. He obviously has no brand loyalty.

IMG_2117.JPG
IMG_2119.JPG
IMG_2122.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #170,502  
6 series JD and Kubota M7, nice tractors, nice farms
I would be happy to drive either one.

over 400 spark plugs?
hmmmmm
how about some platinum tip or tougher plugs to the rescue?
today we don't even think about plugs until 100k. They usually come with a coil now, gets to be expensive.

my memory of the thickness of the body steel of the PV544 Volvo was it was tanklike. Like the 56 Chevy we owned
you don't see them driven very much anymore.
Silver Saab 9-5 wagon in supermarket lot this morning. Nice looking car.
and about four other Volvo suvs like mine.

rest done, time to finish the mowing

/ Good morning!!!! #170,503  
75° just got home from worship, lunch and a drive.
Our minister is on vacation, so I facilitated discussion in his class.
Another Elder gave the lesson during worship.
With a lot of our usual lunch crew gone today, we decided to do Mexican, but the restaurant had a sign up they were opening late due to an issue, so we went to Gettysburg diner across from old train station.
IMG_9378.JPG

Driving home we decided to drive thru the park, I’ll post a couple pics in the barn thread, but here is Eisenhower farm.
IMG_9391.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #170,507  
Drew, Sophie has a mixed flock, mynas, yellow bills, cardinals, finches, doves she feeds every morning. Never lucky enough to get a good pic. But our cat, Simba, will often lay next to garage door, maybe 10ft away, tail waving back and forth as he just watches the flock. Often tell him, the Doves are fair game, but leave the little guys alone. Of course, Sophie has named the little guys and always talks to them. One thing of interest is they always bring the fledglings before they leave home.

/ Good morning!!!! #170,509  
KJC, reminds me of me and my backhoe. Had hired George to do our cesspool. I volunteered to dig the ditch for the pipe. This was my first bh project. When he returned the next morning, he immediately inspected my trench. “ Practice, David, Practice.” Yea, it was that bad. George had an extenda hoe TLB. I’ve watched as he’ll dig a perfectly round hole 14 ft deep and only move the machine twice. Of course George is a bit older than me. Had over 40 years with company when he retired as equipment operator, and that was more than 20 years ago. I think he’s 89, still works every day.

/ Good morning!!!! #170,510  
David, thank you for sharing your story about the house building and Sophies illness. I realize that being the new kid on the block I don't have the history that many of you have.

I went through a years worth of believing I had cancer only to find out the test results were wrong.
Drew went through some hard times also. Glad she is doing well today

That must have been one heck of a year.
That was 2006 for Sophie and cancer free ever since. We are blessed.

I try to remember that like some others, my background may be dated so it might be helpful to repeat if not annoying. I know many others here have shared. I love reading your history as well as the knowledge you share.