Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #180,332  
30F clear sky temps low 20's over night.

4 hours at work pass quickly,I was hope to take backpack blower for afternoon hike but wind wasn't in my favor :( had to settle for plan B puttering.

Plans this evening feet up share bowl ice cream with blueberry pie.

Enjoy your evening all.

/ Good morning!!!! #180,333  
Tom, no, he got hung up on another job, guy had a lot of jobs lined up and bottom line is I didn't make the cut...
by 5:30 I called him and he said he had at least an hour on that job and an hour to get there and I nicely said no thank you, doesn't make sense for either of us. And he had a big job he was clearly stressed about the next morning. No sense ragging on him, he's just booked up. And likely is challenged getting capable help he can afford.

so now I have a variety of towels stuffed in that bathroom, good thing I always pack half a dozen towels for drying off the rv after washing or for floods. I've done floods before...

tonight I'm taking a shower but will not drain the tanks. I've got some chemicals to put in the black tank at least that is supposed to clean up the sensors. But the tank has to be fairly full, which mine never is.
grey tank sensor also off. So with the grey tank full of shower water and lots of extra detergent I guess in it, I hope to scrubba dubba down 95 to Flagler Beach. Where I shall deposit said nasty brew in Florida...
and I'm sure the gauges will still be off.

I'll be in Delray Beach on Monday and the rv will be in the same spot all week. Should be easy to get someone to come out there.

I had to chuckle that I bet Buckeye could have fixed that toilet fitting in ten seconds, so could Popgadget and quite a few others. The issue is fitting in there without having to rip out the toilet. Buckeye is a tall guy, I am wider
for sure, which doesn't help. I just want someone to try, just once, to back the fitting out and see if it will rethread.
if not, ok sell me a lot of parts.

now Kyle would have put that screwed up part through a die and then on his lathe, trued it absolutely perfectly, and reinstalled it with aircraft precision. He knows how to fix things, not just replace parts. I wonder if I should order that part on Amazon and get it shipped to my friend in Delray.
and leave it out conspicuously...save the 100 percent markup...

if over 500 a month are sold to fix toilets, that's a lot of broken toilets.
begs the question as to whether what you buy is any better than the first gen. If installed correctly, I'm sure that nice soft plastic is just fine. I'd like to screw + cement a metal fitting on the end and then screw that into the water line. Mine has a boogered thread, I'm guessing most of these get sold because the valve fails. Maybe it's a worthwhile spare to carry.

I'm heading outside for a walk. A walk along the lake, even if it is manmade. ?
Yeah well, I have the exact same toilet, that I installed in a campgroup(Home Depot had a sale) using a gator bite toilet valve hose. No Leaks so far. Hope you get it fixed up. Water on the floor is bad juju.

/ Good morning!!!! #180,334  
Sounds like a good vacation! I usually also take a book along on the yearly cruise and feel lost when I complete it. Do you always stay at a resort or do ever go on a cruise?
Good Evening Guys,
Don I finished the book today ! It was a good book, first time I read Baldacci! Hope that’s the right spelling ! Actually just started another one by him.

Don, we did a cruise in Hawaii earlier this year, and last year we did an Alaskan cruise. My wife is more of a cruise person than me ! I kind of prefer going to a place and vacationing there !

Mike Z, so sorry to hear about your neighbor !

A heartfelt thanks to all Veterans, past present and future !

/ Good morning!!!! #180,335  
There are two males in this house, me (77) and my stepson (56).
I am usually up at 4 or 5A.M., he doesn't get up until 9 A.M., after I call him. That gives me 4 or 5 hours of naked smoking,I don't drink much any more. After I wake him up then I put some clothes on. Yes I deal with the fire in the buff, almost. I have my slippers and glasses on along with my watch.
Does anybody know what the cause of the barn fire was?

/ Good morning!!!! #180,336  
I would like to thank all our Veterans today for their service to our country.
I love my Freedom, and I know who protects it.

Thanks to all who are serving or have served.

34 outside this AM, heading to upper 50's.

Busy and sad start to the weekend yesterday. Neighboring farm lost their barn. By the time fire crews could get to it, it was already collapsing. 4AM Saturday. It was a show piece, horse event place, in excess of 6000 square feet. Total loss. Our properties are covered with large ashes, here. Animals were involved too. Most unfortunate.

Managed to secure some granite counter tops for the bathroom in the Milk House yesterday. Also turned on Mr. Cool to heat for the first time. Nice and cozy this AM. Need to find some tiles today. Don't repeat this - but with the SO, it will be an all day event. LOL.

Hope all have a great weekend. Today for me, is a somber day of reflection and remembrances for family and friends who have served.
Bad news on the barn fire and animal loss.
Glad to hear Mr Cool is heating.
Good morning! 53˚F heading to a high of only 60˚ with cloudy skies and a North breeze.

Home work day for PT and the a bit on the indoor bike out to be plenty today.

I'm so ready to get started on the estate again but I have to make a trip and driving really make my knee to ankle swell even with compression stockings on. So maybe next week. We still have a lot to clean up by with throwing it away or giving it away. I really have to get back out there to see what's left. Kyle did you see anything left of interest?

We are rewatching/streaming the 3 seasons of "Detectorists" on Freevee. A good dry comedy.

A heartfelt thank you to all the veterans today and remember no mail delivery today.
I was in and out so fast to get the boat, as there was someone else waiting to back into driveway, and it was raining hard. So, I didn't see what was left.

Can Karen drive you in the back seat where you can stretch out your leg back and forth? When I broke my knee, I would NOT ride in a vehicle where I couldn't straighten my leg out because it was so painful to keep it partially bent.
Well good mornin' 34 degrees here in Douglas Ma. warming up to 44 gonna try and work on tractor today but chilly
Welcome to GM thread.

Tell your daughter thank you for sending you the pics and sharing with us. I feel like I've been on a tour of Africa.
Glad your other daughter got the full time job, but you might want to elaborate she's in rehab full time "AS A WORKER". :)
My wife pointed out a trend she saw from Finland about drinking in your underwear because supposedly due to isolation and cold temps. Wonder if that is also a trend up where L4N lives? See the insert from BBC below

"New Nordic lifestyle trend alert! No, wait - don't switch off, because unlike hygge, lagom or plogging, päntsdrunk is neither smug nor unattainable.
Päntsdrunk is the anglicised word for the Finnish kalsarikänni, a term that literally means “drinking at home, alone, in your underwear”. And yes, in Finland this is a fully fledged, nationally celebrated pastime (not the sign of a minor emotional breakdown).
In fact, päntsdrunk is such an established part of Finnish culture that the country’s ministry of foreign affairs even talks about it in its guide to the country.
(Tbf if your winters consisted of -15 degree temperatures and very little daylight, you'd probably spend a fair amount of time at home in your pants as well.)"
I wouldn't mind trying pantsdrunk with the former Finnish PM Sanna Marin! just kidding, I'm a very happily married man.
former finnish prime minister - Google Search

Helogabals, I like your Yanmar tractor. Hope you get a good paycheck for today's forest work.

RNG, you get caught on that Norton and you're liable to get kicked out of the airheads club.... :)

Today was cool 58F breezy and humid/sprinkles. I took the barn door off and installed a cat door. It did not go so straight forward. Cheap old plastic jigsaw on its last leg, did not want to cut. Did not have a metal blade long enough to reach thru both sides at once, so a little mismatch made me had to fight it the rest of the way. Anyway, it is done. Now for the cat to figure it out, I left it taped wide open. I tried to put her thru it, but she did not want to go. Trying to help keep her warm, but allow her in and out. It is nice not having to deal with a litter box. She has killed at least 2 rodents in the last week. Wifey is happy about that.

Not sure if I've written about it, but the little Toyota job is done, and it seems to be good to go. New clutch/flywheel/rear main seal/ A/C system/headlights. Haha, just doubled its value....maybe more.

It is supposed to rain a good amount Sunday evening and Monday.

Prayers for our team.

/ Good morning!!!! #180,338  
31°F and clear skies this morning, got up to 56° today. We had a few days here early last week around 80°, then a front passed through Wednesday evening and brought us down to more typical temps for this time of year. Looks like we'll be in the low 60s for the next week.

Man, do I have some more catching up to do here. Again. Prolific, you guys are.

Hope everyone is well.

Good evening, gents.

/ Good morning!!!! #180,340  
31°F and clear skies this morning, got up to 56° today. We had a few days here early last week around 80°, then a front passed through Wednesday evening and brought us down to more typical temps for this time of year. Looks like we'll be in the low 60s for the next week.

Man, do I have some more catching up to do here. Again. Prolific, you guys are.

Hope everyone is well.

Good evening, gents.
It's good to know you're still stirring. Hope all is well.

Forgot to mention, daughter made a great supper. Chicken parmigiana pasta, with asparagus and garlic bread.

Wifey made some oatmeal/cranberry/walnut cookies. And they are GREAT!