Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #180,851  
Good Morning!!!! 51F @ 7:00AM. Sun and clouds mixed. High 77F. Winds NW at 5 to 10 mph.

Thanks for the clarificaiton, Don. Judging from all the disclosure related verbage on the California contracts I've read, there are no such exemptions out here.

Glad to hear of your good outcome on the surgery, Scotty. A friend down here got their second eye done week before last, and they're a year younger than me. I've been diagnosed for cataracts in both eyes, but last year was told to wait as long as I can. I know several people that have had the surgeries, and all of them say they wish they hadn't waited so long. And now you're another one!

I also like it when the root ball comes out with the tree, Mike. I don't like having to move those big root balls, though.

Airhead friend of mine dropped by yesterday afternoon to give me a hand putting up another couple of the hanging shelves. Made the job a lot easier with the additional hands. We also took down a rather large cabinet that was mounted on one of the walls. Not sure where it'll end up, but I'll be putting a workbench where it was. Also moved a 6' rolling cabinet to the back porch, another "gift" from the POs of limited usefulness. Not sure if it's a keep or toss at this point. There are still eight of the hanging shelves available to install, but I'll need to weld up some diagonal brackets back at the old place before they can be used. So that's a story for another trip. Airhead friend says his bike needs the transmission splines lubed, a job he's never attempted. I invited him down to use my lift and tools once I'm established here; nice to be able to help him in kind.

Got after the 2'x4' patch of grout on the garage floor, another PO gift. I'd used a diamond blade on the vibrating tool a while back, which worked but was pretty slow, and also a chisel bit in a small demolition hammer, which was faster but pretty hard on my hands. This time around I tried a 5" diameter wheel in an angle grinder. Worked pretty fast, but oh what a mess of dust it put up! Whew, couldn't see across the garage after a few minutes. So I went back to the demo hammer to get the bulk of the grout broken off, then finished up with the angle grinder. I still came out looking like the Pillsbury Dough Boy, so I've got some clean up to do in the garage today.

Not sure what the rest of the day will bring, but it'll likely involve some form of unpacking.

/ Good morning!!!! #180,852  
68°F and no rain

Expect to get my system configuration tweaked to accommodate the bad part. Not a big problem as I had already done so when system was installed 4 years ago. Need to have the secondary generator auto start when/if voltage drops. I had this until I lent my Honda generator to a friend in need. Just have to put back in place and reprogram settings.

Then I should be able to get back to cleaning the BX fuel tank.

We do want to visit a good friend this afternoon. Terminal cancer and not having many good days. I suspect her time is short.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #180,854  
For the curious, otherwise maybe disregard.

So as for my electrical issue.
My off grid system as do many others, has an Auto Generator Start system. Basically programming in some settings related to battery health can trigger a relay that starts the battery and system charges battery rather than inverting. Settings can also terminate this function. My problem is the Aux Relay, my trigger, has a problem in the stack and would malfunction, generator not start and likely the next load surge would bring voltage down to the system shutdown level. Hence no power.
Several work arounds without fixing the bad board. Rewire generator to another trigger/relay. Given size of my system I have at least 2 others. But rerouting the wires would be a PITA.

When this system was installed I kept 2 of my old inverters and had installer wire them in as a separate charging system. It shares same battery bank and some common info but connected to its own generator and control model. Also the ac output is not connected, but it could be its own source.

I did this to be able to run smaller, non propane(cheaper) generator. This newer system with increased capacity has been quite efficient and running generators less than 50 hrs a year and mostly during our rainy season. So when my friend Keith suddenly had a power issue it was a no brainer to pull the Honda out of the system and lend it to him. He now has a nice lithium battery power system and I got the Honda back.

Of course I took advantage of having this 2nd control module (Mate3) and used to troubleshoot my problems, hence the programmed setting are changed.

Thinking of taking the opportunity to relocate placement of the Honda and this will require rerouting control wire. Once back in service, this separate charging station would autostart generator when triggered keeping voltage up and my main system happy, not even knowing there was a potential problem.

OK, too much for some, but I know a couple of you read with interest. and I’m procrastinating.

/ Good morning!!!! #180,855  
For the curious, otherwise maybe disregard.

So as for my electrical issue.
My off grid system as do many others, has an Auto Generator Start system. Basically programming in some settings related to battery health can trigger a relay that starts the battery and system charges battery rather than inverting. Settings can also terminate this function. My problem is the Aux Relay, my trigger, has a problem in the stack and would malfunction, generator not start and likely the next load surge would bring voltage down to the system shutdown level. Hence no power.
Several work arounds without fixing the bad board. Rewire generator to another trigger/relay. Given size of my system I have at least 2 others. But rerouting the wires would be a PITA.

When this system was installed I kept 2 of my old inverters and had installer wire them in as a separate charging system. It shares same battery bank and some common info but connected to its own generator and control model. Also the ac output is not connected, but it could be its own source.

I did this to be able to run smaller, non propane(cheaper) generator. This newer system with increased capacity has been quite efficient and running generators less than 50 hrs a year and mostly during our rainy season. So when my friend Keith suddenly had a power issue it was a no brainer to pull the Honda out of the system and lend it to him. He now has a nice lithium battery power system and I got the Honda back.

Of course I took advantage of having this 2nd control module (Mate3) and used to troubleshoot my problems, hence the programmed setting are changed.

Thinking of taking the opportunity to relocate placement of the Honda and this will require rerouting control wire. Once back in service, this separate charging station would autostart generator when triggered keeping voltage up and my main system happy, not even knowing there was a potential problem.

OK, too much for some, but I know a couple of you read with interest. and I’m procrastinating.
As a child did you think you would be running your own power station? :)

/ Good morning!!!! #180,857  
Paul, re no two Costcos laid out the same…we only have one on the island and it drives me crazy they rearrange the layout periodically. Not only they racked items, but here they just finished a major refrigerator change.

/ Good morning!!!! #180,859  
Thank you ! The first one healed up nicely in about 4 weeks time. Looking forward to seeing the world again. Those cataracts steal your vision slowly and you may not realize how bad your vision actually is until it's fixed. Amazing medical advancement for sure.
It took me a year to make the Dr appointment after my optometrist told me I would need the surgery... then the healthcare system and life's event took 11 months to get er done.
I recommend this for anyone affected with this problem.

Had both mine done. Even though I still have glasses, highly recommend.

/ Good morning!!!! #180,860  
oh what a wet drive, all the way. Only one accident, at merge near Savannah two cars hit pretty hard. Then 17 to Charleston, nice road for a while, then really clogs up downtown. Very neat county park campground and I had no idea this night before Thanksgiving they would have the entire place decorated and there will be community drive thru. So many of these rvs must be local who dragged their blow up Santas and a ton of other stuff along with them. Glad I'm parked far back from that.

and it's pouring rain.

on the way out of campground this morning, had to stop and take a pic of this old SS. Not sure, think the crossed flags means a 396?
could be a clone

Attachments

• IMG_2610.JPG
    IMG_2610.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_2609.JPG
    IMG_2609.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_2608.JPG
    IMG_2608.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_2606.JPG
    IMG_2606.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 74

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

3-4x8 Fence Posts (A33544)
3-4x8 Fence Posts...
2009 Ford F750 Hi-Ranger Bucket Truck (A32932)
2009 Ford F750...
Ferguson PA021 Plow (A33041)
Ferguson PA021...
(3) Assorted length ladders (A33544)
(3) Assorted...
Caterpillar Mdl. GP25 Forklift, Triple Stage Mast Side Shift, Propane Gas, (A33349)
Caterpillar Mdl...
Harrington Electric  1-Ton Hoist (A33349)
Harrington...