/ Good morning!!!! #183,411  
do any of them have a scope?
red dot pointer?
gps guided bullets? ;)

for target practice something small is fine
most of this stuff seems to be a buck a bullet or more
30-06 is $1.60+ for cheap stuff these days… premium is almost $2.50/round 🤬

/ Good morning!!!! #183,412  
Good morning! Started out at 34˚F now 48˚ heading to the upper 50s with a North breeze, cloudless skies.

Yesterday, after warming up my knee at the fitness center, was the first time I mowed the yard since knee replacement. It went well, no pain but some minor swelling afterwards.

This afternoon, when it gets to the upper 50s, I will try another first - Pickleball, very cautiously.
Pickleball is fun! And the home of the National Finals of many years in Naples FL has been moved out to Texas.

the hardest thing to get used to is remembering how to call out the scoring 😂🤣😂

/ Good morning!!!! #183,413  
Strained and bottled. Final yield about 12oz.
IMG_7173.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #183,414  
65°F and .21 inches rain., most of it since midnight

Spent more time with Sophie’s non starting scag. Confirmed no spark, either cylinder so guessing it is the ignition coils. Of course I guess it could be a bad wire that isn’t obvious. Reluctant to think both coils crapped out same time so now my rationale is they didn’t. That one went bad and I didn’t realize it, now both bad. Anyway, new plugs and coils ordered.

Looks like mowing got rained out today.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #183,415  
Popgadget, the USB cable was for the office stereo, from the pc to the integrated amplifier/DAC.

trash cans put away, bird feeders all filled, put up a new one I got for Christmas, will be curious if birds like
this variety any better. Still no big colorful birds.

my "water feature" is solid frozen but still cracked nicely as I walked on it. Carefully...

this garage is pretty decrepit
The middle pic looks like block and a sill, but the studs look to be behind it. What do the studs sit on? Also don't see double stud at the side of the window, but see them on the other pic. Edit: I see what they did, just a 2x4 box around the window, there is no jack stud to the floor, and no header. Still don't understand the studs behind the sill. I think you could probably cut a hole anywhere for a door, don't necessarily have to do it at the window. A proper header could be put in anywhere else with less effort.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #183,419  
Living completely off grid, producing our electric, having a generator is pretty much required. Whole house, autostart maybe somewhat a luxury, but I sure missed the autostart feature those few weeks I didn’t’ have it. Much better to awaken in morning to the purring of that generator then awaken in total darkness because your body sensed all had gone dark and silent because I didn’t trek out earlier to check.

In 2023, 2.95% of my kwh were produced by generator, up from 1.79% in 2022.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #183,420  
33F and ********. It's pretty. Weather says it will turn to rain later this afternoon.

Sad day.:cry: Our Christmas tree is down and out. We might have kept it a little longer but it was really dry. There was a rumor going around that Christmas trees would be in short supply. Was that the Christmas tree growers association at work? So we bought it early. I noticed the garden center yard was full of trees the week before Christmas. It might have done a little better if we could get a fresh one. Oh well.

My next door neighbor is getting ready to sell his house in the spring. I am kind of surprised because his wife just told my wife how much she loves the place. I guess he wants to harvest some appreciation. The realtor estimates that it will sell between $700k and $800k. That is almost twice what he payed for it 5 years ago. We'll see.

The builder e-mailed that the hole for the basement on our lot on Deer Isle is dug. He thinks that they will start pouring cement soon. We were kind of surprised. I thought that the winter would shut them down.

My mouth is missing the Christmas cookies.

Take care.

Chris