Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #184,112  
Another three hours plowing on the clock. Back in the late 60s I worked for a major Cadillac dealer in Toronto. In winter when it snowed one of my jobs was to go in and plow the snow with an old Massey Ferguson open station tractor. Froze my but off. fast forward to 1995 and I acquired a 1950 Farmal C another open station tractor, froze my but off until 2012 when I bought the current tractor and I specified that it MUST have a cab and heat. Today took me back to the open station days. The blower for my heater quit. I didn't freeze my but off because I was protected from the wind, so I called the dealer and they told me what to look for, to do that I shut the tractor off (so I could hear them better). After I got off the phone with them I fired her up and low and behold, the blower worked.
Next Monday the temps are supposed to be warmer, almost up to freezing, I will crawl underneath the tractor, lay on a sheet of plywood and see if I can find the intermittent short. It is either the power plug that carries the juice from the battery via the starter to the main harness in the cab, or it is the fuseable link in between the cab and the battery. I may have to pull the roof off again, but that is only 4 of 1/4" bolts.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,113  
Somehow I think that as taxpayers we are paying for these things about 3-4 times over.
if you look at is as a money-laundering operation it starts to make sense…

/ Good morning!!!! #184,115  
Mrs just showed me a photo from two years ago today that shows the newer woodshed already half empty. This year I only started taking wood out three days ago, so that is encouraging in terms of heat security for the winter!
18.7 now, should be around 7 by morning!

got the chickens into the coop for tonight, even though they prefer roosting on a bar I. The run, single-digits mean I have to tell them to not be birdbrains 😂🤣

have a great evening all! Don’t forget to set your faucets to drip if you are having single digits where you are!

/ Good morning!!!! #184,116  
Thanks Dennis. Used Quicken many years ago before switching to my own spreadsheets. But it was all simpler back then.
Might look at their Simplifi version, see if a demo or free trial available. The one thing I have learned so far is likely ther3 will be a yearly fee or subscription. Anything that doesn’t is crippled. I would consider any loan an expense. I do like the flexibility of categories and sub categories.
Even with importing data I suspect I would be checking the actual website for errors, it happens.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,117  
If I stop using quicken, I’ll probably go to a spreadsheet, or just stop tracking so much. But it’s nice to have the data. My quicken data goes back to early 90s.
In another thread, I was able to say I used over $1000 in ink refills for my inkjet printer the last 10 yrs. Valuable information. 😂
I do not keep my data online, like they want.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,119  
Good evening all. 8ºFfor the start, windchill -5ºF, clear sky, breezy. Light wind slowed down though day, clear sky and high temp was 25ºF. Make coffee, clean ashes and restart insert to begin day. Found recipe for chicken chalupas I wanted to make so worked out what I needed headed to town for meds, mail letters, shopping and some Chick-fil-A(drive-thru). After lunch ran a Covid test and flunked :( Retest in 5 days. Dr prescribed steroids and antibiotics. Tomorrow back on the estate paperwork and insert duty.
Sunday Morning 3:52 AM CST:
Ron you are about the same temps as I was on Sunday. Glad snow control successful. Hope you enjoyed rest of day by warm fire :) Nice cardinal
Drew glad you slept well. Good to hear good dinner with friends, very nice home appreciation. Hope new home done soon.
Ron glad you rechecked tractor antifreeze.
Bill Enjoy the energy conservation
Koshari welcome to GM thread. Nice pic
Billy sorry about the wind. it has been active here too. Just kept the fire going in insert. I use the 5 ball tester. hasn't failed me in over 50 years. Hope you enjoyed the snow.
Buppies praying the fever and congestion break.Sorry the stuff is getting to you.
Buppies I have a drawer in toolbox for that kind of stuff.
Kilroy hope Harry was good without doggie daycare. I think I understand your frustration about the NPS.
Mike cool pic.
Scott(vt) hope dump run went well and shop time fun :) Been too cold for too long.
Drew no green house here.
Kevin(notrespassing) welcome to GM, now that's cold
Plowhog sorry about the wind and power loss. Hope not much damage and neighbors ok.
Two_bit here the temps have hit single digits two mornings in a row, so it's winter :)
Masseyrider wrong side of the lake for lake effect snow.
Thomas the problem with 4WD is some drivers think they are invulnerable.
Phil hope you weather the snow squalls. Great wood work. Sorry about the warpage on wife's wood.
Scotty glad you warmed up, got a work platform built for tractor and used it :)
Gstrom neat pic. I haven't seen an effect like that.
Two_bit nice pic
Lou stay warm!
Billy really nice post. Thanks for the info
Kilroy thank you for being good :)
Chris weather can be very dynamic ! :)
James hope blower worked well.
Ron if it wasn't you Murphy would entice someone else to do it.
Ken good to hear they found some pills to help with digestive woes. I don't feel bad, stuffy sinus and cough up mucus.
Ted hop you enjoy the greenhouse as well.
Ted sorry about poor sleep night. prayers sent. Hope shop work went well.
David glad Hilo end done. Hope you got some football and mowing in.
RNG sorry about wind hope no damage. Have fun with the hot tub, hope you can keep it from breaking the bank. Hope loading goes smooth for the trip south.
David was going to be a dirtless greenhouse?
Dennis glad good worship and a baptism. Hope lunch was good. Enjoy your snow.
Helo good to hear you are back home, congrats on silver medal finish. Nice pic Sorry about dog effect on garden.
Scott(vt) sorry to hear wife not the picture of health. Neat pics, rocker seat should be comfy when done.
PJ sorry about the cold and no snow. Glad you getting some warming. I like lobster claw or mittens for real cold weather.
NHBX I hate when phone alerts wake me up, will put phone in office during nap time and over night.
Bill hope plowing went well.
Thomas glad snow control efforts were effective. Sorry about more snow. Not the first time Cowboys lost in first round. We need new owner ??
Randy(wag) sorry you are losing your company and help. Hope you can get ready inspite of forecast.
Ted glad you made your goal.
Kyle good to hear son shyness wearing off. There will be a time when you will welcome it back. Don't ask me how I know :(. I watched some of the second half, 4th quarter there were signs of life. Happy Birthday to MIL. Cake does sound yummy.
Buppies we call Dallas the Cowgirls when they play like that.
Don lot warmer down there.
Don thanks for update on pipeline.
Helo same for metal parts heat treat the grinding may see warpage from internal stress. I don't want to see Pinocchio either :( Glad office continues to progress
Monday morning 3:41 AM CST posts:
Ron sorry to hear about neighbor. You are about 13º colder than us. Glad you got the drives cleared. Wonder what the squirrel wants? ;)
Drew enjoy your cold and snow. Always fun to read your thoughts on what and how to garden.
Kilroy sorry harry is not going to make the grade. Hope you don't loose too much sap.
More catch up tomorrow
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Mark /sister liver transplant and recovery, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.