Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #184,431  
Will attach pics of this weeks haul.
Phil, you do awesome woodworking. I mentioned before how similar the grain pattern in one of your pieces is to a box I made from a sugar pine tree.

I experimented with the japanese "shou sugi ban" method of wood burning for a finish. Used a torch on it, then light sanding. It looks OK for a first experiment, but not anywhere near your level of finish and care. Here is a pix ...

Attachments

• IMG_2730.JPG
    IMG_2730.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 45
   / Good morning!!!! #184,432  
my Iphone updated last night and what a disaster.
I knew something was different when it said Bonjour to me when opening. :cautious:
I tried accessing a pic, they are all rearranged in folders and lots seem missing. wonder if it is an Icloud issue.
time for a new phone
that usually solves things
though this time not a huge advantage in the camera, which is all I care about. I otherwise avoid a cell phone like the plague.
plus I don't text.
a happy troglodyte

off to go food shopping with my 15 percent off coupon.
only good at more expensive place
generic stuff like breakfast sandwiches I buy at the cheaper market.
Actually that's something Costco is good for, if you can find something you like.
I have the freezer, and I'm still willing to buy green bananas...

/ Good morning!!!! #184,433  
Good Morning Again,
Ok, so either Ken or Kilroy, cant seem to remember !:cautious:

We were talking about replacing the anodes in electric hot water heaters. I ordered and received a new rod. I installed the hot water heater in july of 2022 so it will be two years this summer. Any suggestions on when to do that, I am thinking the 2 year mark. Just curious, also planning on getting an in expensive impact tool to get the old anode out ! Thoughts ?

/ Good morning!!!! #184,434  
Coffee is brewing. 17° with snow this morning. Heading to 25° with continued snow. So I went out in the cold for gas and diesel. It was -1° with wind. I thought I prepared for it. 2 pair of thermal socks, snow boots. 4 layers of pants, 4 layers of shirts, thermo vest, parka, 2 layer knit cap and thermal mittens. I sure was warm getting to the gas station. But had to take gloves off to run pump. I got cold. Made it back home and put fuel cans away in barn. Made it back in house. Got undressed in to house clothes. Took a nap. That was a lot of work just to go out in the cold. No plans to go out in the cold today.
Blue Jay staying warm.
fvFh4od.jpg

Everyone stay well and safe.

Good Morning All.
Looking forward to a week of springtime warmth and rain for the next 7 days. This deep freeze has been a bit much. 🙂

/ Good morning!!!! #184,436  
i think I want one of these — anyone have any experience?
FLIR Thermal Imager Smartphone Attachment

I have something similar made by Seek Thermal. One serious flaw is that I have iOS devices, it has a lightning connector, and my devices now all have USB-C.
But it worked reasonably well when I could use it.
Perhaps the Android version isn’t obsolete.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,437  
Rain rain and more rain. What a mess.
Farmers have been planting wheat through the night trying to get seed in the ground before the big storm.
Unimproved clay roads are a slippery mess. Creek is running full. 55º all day. There will be a 4-5 hr break today and more tonight & tomorrow. We need rain but not all at once... but we will take it. We all have wells that need replenishing. Our old well 160 ft is mostly dry. The new well is 500 ft and never failed in 20 plus yrs.
Wish you all well today

/ Good morning!!!! #184,438  
has anyone else had problems logging on? I get part way and it keeps saying Can't Find That
and then in a few minutes it clears.

hope your Sunday is peaceful and relaxing.
I keep getting that message. But wait a few minutes and all is OK. Have not had that problem with PC. Only on iPad.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,440  
Morning all, 22 going up to 27 and sunny.
Son driving on mostly clear roads he did fine.

Some more work in the garage completed. Outlets remounted, some more furring strips and panels mounted. Going forward all are going to take time with pipes and pumps and conduit in the way. But it's coming along.
So nice working in there with the mini-split.

Today, more of that, son is off to hang out with GF, wife did the shopping. Stores weren't too bad.

BEF - glad your dad is ok, Always worry about mine driving. He was not a good driver to start with as he gets lost easily.

Wagtail - sounds like a very successful day

Detached garage is having a problem with one of the doors going up, wonder if it's time for spring replacement..

Phil, amazing work, Really put a lot of thought into it as the pieces all look totally finished. Better than most of what I see at antique shops.

Anode replacement is usually 4-5 years, but if you have any water issues should replace sooner. When you do a flush every year or so, what comes out?

Looking to put back the heavy metal shelves on the garage walls.

Should I use sleeve anchors 3/8" so I don't have to worry about finding the hollows in the cinder blocks?

I do have a picture of the raw wall if I do need to use the wing style that was originally used.
Any Advice?

Be well,

Front wall while mounting the outlets back up. Curves are from using wide angle lens.
Can certainly see the mess I have to work in/maneuver around. Once I am done, the whole garage will be rearranged, will clean up shelves and add new ones and try to order this mess as it's our biggest storage area. Have full sized stair master, ping pong and other tables, chairs, tents, and stuff from kid growing up.
20240120_151801.jpg