Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #184,471  
I don't have a conventional water heater so no anodes for me to change:
So I see an aluminum/zinc anode and a magnesium anode which one do you guys use and why? Ph or water hardness or?

Magnesium is supposed to last longer than AL … is (typically) more expensive though.

15F and mostly clear @ 20:00, windchill is 5F.

But a toasty 78F up here in the shop …

/ Good morning!!!! #184,472  
So I see an aluminum/zinc anode and a magnesium anode which one do you guys use and why?
Good Evening Lou,
Just a ditto on what rswyan just said. The magnesium anode is what they sent me, and I got it free of charge !r

Don, mine is one solid rod, I think I have enough clearance above the heater but will check tomorrow !

/ Good morning!!!! #184,473  
Good Evening Lou,
Just a ditto on what rswyan just said. The magnesium anode is what they sent me, and I got it free of charge !r

Don, mine is one solid rod, I think I have enough clearance above the heater but will check tomorrow !
Since you already have the solid one, if it's too tall you can always empty the water heater, disconnect the power/gas/gas vent, and water and tilt it slightly to slide the anode in.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,475  
I have something similar made by Seek Thermal. One serious flaw is that I have iOS devices, it has a lightning connector, and my devices now all have USB-C.
But it worked reasonably well when I could use it.
Perhaps the Android version isn’t obsolete.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,477  
Good evening all. 29ºF for the start, 20ºF windchill, overcast, breezy. Light wind with some moderate gusts, overcast some intermittent rain, and high temp was 36ºF. Watched chapel via Facebook live, then Clean up ash in insert and restoked up the fire. Trimmed mustache and side burns and shaved was so late with breakfast just did cereal. Then went into conserve energy mode for most of the day. Did spread ashes out ahead of the rain and picked more kindling. Covid retest today was still positive :( Very short nap will get to bed early tonight.
Dennis is the pic from the same time frame as the last one?
Randy(wag) Glad party was a success. Glad to hear a lot of the cleanup done before the rain started. Hope tip run and rest of cleanup goes well.
Ron glad new microwave is in, snow clean up around barns good and then got warm :) Hope you conserved a lot of energy. Nice cardinal
Phil glad the torpedo heater works for you. Hope your former coworker recovers from the stroke. Sorry about the pellet usage levels. Hope you can get heat pump fixed soon. Nice wood working, as always
Kilroy very involved project.
NHBX glad you were able get most of the tax info together. Hope you were able to conserve some energy today.
Drew glad better weather on tap today. Sorry no cd player showed. Hope you find some opportunities today.
Buppies Thanks for the warning on cold start to March. Hope wide is getting better,prayers sent.
Billy glad you got hike in, and can still make lattes.
Kilroy good thing HVAC had help last night. No experience with FLIR
Thomas sorry about cabin fever. I understand.
Bill thanks for sharing your experience. Hope you got a nap in.
Scott(vt) warming just in time for you to go to Florida. Sorry about your wife's friend's husband falling. prayers sent.
Plowhog interesting finish. thank for sharing pic of it.
Drew sorry update had undesired side effects. Hope shopping went well.
Scott(vt) no experience with anode replacement, don't start just before leaving on trip :)
Gale hope you warm up some.
Drew I don't do much on TBN in morning.
Scotty sorry rain not more space out.
Ken good to hear garage progress continuing.
David sorry to hear Scag not cooperating, what kind of ignition system does it have? Glad you got to watch some football. Hope today went better.
Paul glad snow control went well. Hope you can get the layout the way you want it so you and wife will be happy with it. Hope you found something to do :)
Ted hope you got some rain. Hope you were able to reclaim some horizontal surfaces.
Two_bit hope you got some good granddaughter time.
Dennis glad new mike helped. Good to hear lunch was good as well. Hope snow control seat time enjoyable. Nice pic
Thomas sorry about Bills but no too much was rooting for KC. Glad you earned your supper.
Randy(wag) hope horse change and tip run went well.
Scotty sorry about the need for well #2.
Don good point about a sectional anode.
RS good to hear from you.
Don good suggestion
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle /Daughter, /mom's breathing, /son's migraines, Bird /aging issues, Ron /heart, Billy /mom hypertension & congestive heart failure, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /cancer, parathyroid,blood sugar /wife healing, Thomas /gout, Phil /reflux, Frits /veteran son with mental issues, /granddaughter with Evans Syndrome, Ken /dad possible dementia, /chronic fatigue, Diet not working, Steppenwolfe /son-auto immune disorder, Mark /sister liver transplant and recovery, Grev /wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery, /retirement & disability red tape, /family issues, Lou /eye issues, /heart issues, /wife hip replacement, Doug and wife/health issues, / hand nerve and surgery, /fall and recovery, / wife headaches and heart eval, / David(sadamo)/Sophie's hip or leg pain, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, /marriage dissolving, / friend stop drinking, Dennis /retirement, /neighbor issues, /land development, /favorable winds not in the forecast there, /dad surgery recovery, Drew /back operation issues, /friend's wife cancer diagnosis and recovery, Scotty /back pain, Helogabals /wife's friend situation, Fatjay /father broken hip, Israel, Ukraine war, and Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #184,479  
17 this morning high in 40s big warm up this week high in 60s rain

Prayers for all silent or spoken our Country

Sorry about COVID mostly hope you get better soon

/ Good morning!!!! #184,480  
Coffee is brewing. 14° with cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 30° with chance of afternoon snow. Spent yesterday conserving energy. I am starting to like doing it. Practice makes perfect. So that is what I will be doing today. I see a case of cabin fever coming on.
1xesSu9.jpg

Everyone stay safe and well.

Good Morning All.

Last edited: