Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #187,181  
45 going to 54 with wind over 30 this afternoon...hope the drying begins. No rain forecasted this week.

RS, chili sounds good...and yep, the bird food seems to cost more than our food.

Scaredy, prayers for your health...congrats on your granddaughter.

BEF, I bet your family will love your slideshow.

Rained all day yesterday, which forced me to do my own tax returns...efiled the fed, since TurboTax does it free, and getting a nice refund. State tax will go into the mail...I owe $5.00 and TT charges $25 to efile...dang if I'm gonna pay a 25 dollar fee to pay a 5 dollar bill. Since I'm on the subject, let me sound off about how cumbersome they make their software to handle a transaction where you are mailing your state return but efiling the fed.

I guess I could move to one of the 9 states with no state income tax, like Texas or New Hampshire.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,185  
Good morning, the low temperature is 19 and going to a high of 25°F. Wind NNW 11 mph. Snow.
We got about 1/2" of snow overnight and more coming today. I won't plow it. I'll make more of a mess than just letting it melt. Monday through the rest of the week is supposed to be above freezing.

I should find out by the end of the week how much of a tax refund I will get. I am hoping lots, I have a oil tank to buy as well as the hose reel and nozzle. Last year and the year before were both 5 figures to the left of the decimal point.

Looking at my finances and I might need to go northwest again this year. I don't really want to, but I might have to. Which way do I go, the lunacy around Toronto or the lunacy up north.

Today is an energy conservation day.

Have a safe day all

/ Good morning!!!! #187,186  
good morning all
slept well last night, a relief
sure seemed to get light out soon, ahhhh, go reset the clocks.
at least one's phone and pc does it automatically.

1.55 inches of rain. We are so soggy but weather is drying out and this week warming up, I see a 71 for Thursday.
then it gets colder again.

will be a busy day, lots to do.

I still can't find my pill box. I need to go tear the rv apart and find out where it is.
maybe it fell in the bathroom trash can. I remember putting it in a baggie, then what...
encroaching senility :rolleyes:

I might repot my moon flowers today. They were planted two to a pot and both grew and the plants are five times larger
than regular flowers. So I need to break the two seedlings apart and repot.
I kept a great deal of empty nursery containers over the last two years and I'm going to try to fill every one of them.

I find it amazing that a flower can differentiate between sunlight and moonlight. Had to look it up.
Perhaps it's more an aversion to the sun's light?
I didn't realize this is a vine, a type of morning glory.
That sure changes where I'll plant it.

Moonflower is a tender perennial vine that can add incredible beauty and powerful fragrance to a night garden. Often grown as an annual outside of its tropical and subtropical USDA hardiness zones, this vine is sometimes regarded as a night-blooming species of morning glory. It features large, heart-shaped, dark green leaves on robust, slightly prickly stems. Its trumpet-shaped flowers begin blooming in mid-summer and last until fall. They are typically an iridescent white and grow around 6 inches long and 3 to 6 inches wide.1 The blooms unfurl from cone-shaped buds as the sun goes down, as well as on cloudy days. They stay open all night, exuding their sweet fragrance into the air, before closing up again the next morning. Moonflower is best planted in the spring after the danger of frost has passed. It is a fast-growing vine and can reach around 10 to 20 feet long in just one season under optimal conditions.

hope you all have a nice Sunday

/ Good morning!!!! #187,189  
31F might reach 40F still snowing.

Outside chores done E muffin time.
Looks like I'll get some seat time this afternoon,weather station said 2-4 inches yesterday 9" heavy wet snow so far 🙄 plan on doing just enough snow removal for the ground soft...going to be interesting.

Enjoy your day all.

Attachments

• 3-10-24.jpg
    3-10-24.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 31
  • 3-10-24A.jpg
    3-10-24A.jpg
    299.1 KB · Views: 31
   / Good morning!!!! #187,190  
good morning, 39 going to 43 and some wind but rain has stopped

Went down to a little town yesterday and had the Ruben sandwich rain and all.
Cleaned up the Miller Mig welder and installed the flux core wire and took the shielding gas bottle off. When weather improves will test it out.
Colombia trip may not happen, she may be too busy to go. Hope she does not go even though the wedding with coastal cruise and events in town sounded good. She was encouraged to put in for an extra raise. Can always use more money

The Hellebore flowers are coming up

IMG_3312.JPG