Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #187,262  
Good morning,
31° now, highs in the low 40’s and cloudy.
Winds WNW at 25 to 35 mph, occasional gusts over 50 mph. Geez, I just finished playing pickup sticks the other day lol.
I haven’t posted a lot lately, not really much going on. I’m surprised we didn’t get any snow this last storm as I took the plow off the tractor. Still weeding though the
“to good to throw away” stuff in the sheds, making a little headway but I can’t seem to completely stop being a pack rat. At least the stuff I do keep is now in neater piles! Well it’s time to get moving, groceries, bank and a couple other errands.

Enjoy your day everyone
Stay safe and healthy (or get healthy 👍)

/ Good morning!!!! #187,263  
Well morning to all;
A brisk 27F this morning, dang time change has me thrown of kilter woke up at 5 and couldn't sleep. Finally got up at 6 and came out for coffee, finished breakfast now and more coffee. About an inch of snow and freezing rain last night after dark, light snow covering and a bit of ice. Just heard the Town Highway crew on the scanner they are out sanding and salting. Think I'll open the air on the coal burner a bit, it's only 69F here in the kitchen. May just run the tractor with it's chains up and down the driveway to stir things up and give the sun a chance to do it's job.
Take care all

/ Good morning!!!! #187,264  
22F cloudy low 30's for high march loin winds roar up to 50mph today.

Outside chores done E muffin time.
9" heavy wet snow yesterday was (n) trying not to rip into soft ground,all in all back blade front loader did (y).
While moving 2' wet snow at the end of driveway notice neighbor was stuck beginning of his driveway his BMW rear,couple good tugs car was free than I saw what he was trying to do,he was plowing snow with his new fancy 4 wheeler slid down the bank :oops: he said he going to fast next thing he knew headed for the trees 🙄 couple slow tugs using loader 4 wheeler was free,strongly suggested he park the BMW move 4 wheeler to safe spot with 5 passes back blade driveway was clear,he ask what do I owe you and I said good homemade blueberry pie...we shall see if I get my payment.

Plans for today...town for critter food and putter.

Enjoy your day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,266  
Good Morning Guys ,
Ct, 28 to start going to 45 maybe, with some wind but the suns out ! 😉

Parade was a good time yesterday, grands also went ! Lots of fife and drum bands along with the pipes !!

Thomas, those taxes are crazy ! Out Ct home on an acre with a 2000 ft salt box colonial is just over $8 K. Vermont with property 1700 ft house and a 28x 44 ft barn with storage above is just over $4 K
I get a $2000 break on the Ct home with the fire dept , if I meet the points criteria ! I always do meet that !

Last year I bought a new belt to drive the cutter deck on the Wheel Horse. While taking the deck off to sharpen the blades, I notice that the new belt is cracked and shot already ! Need a new belt before putting mower deck back on ! 😒
Tractor still not starting easily when cold but when engine is warm no problem! ! 😉

Hope all have a good day ! 🙏

/ Good morning!!!! #187,267  
zrzgvKy.jpg
Nuthatch's are fun birds to watch. Picked up a 10' three point chisel plow yesterday. Had to drag it off the trailer, since my JD855 wouldn't lift it whole. Allis D-17 will need to lift it and pull it. Might need to look for front weights. I'll get it connected today and see what all it needs. A few chisel points, at least. Need to figure out why most are "left' and some are "right" twisted... Pretty quiet here, with no dog around. I keep looking around for a reaction, like when I get up from the chair or have some food.
Going up to 72F today. Wow!

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #187,268  
Good Morning Guys ,

Thomas, those taxes are crazy ! Out Ct home on an acre with a 2000 ft salt box colonial is just over $8 K. Vermont with property 1700 ft house and a 28x 44 ft barn with storage above is just over $4 K
I get a $2000 break on the Ct home with the fire dept , if I meet the points criteria ! I always do meet that !
It seems closer one lives near Dartmouth Hitchcock Hospital and Ivy college Dartmouth your gonner pay,and they are with in 12 miles. :(

/ Good morning!!!! #187,269  
Good morning! 50˚F heading to the mid 70's. Partly cloudy S breeze.

Today we can walk the golf course. We have 3 golf courses in the neighborhood and each Monday one is closed for maintenance and the residences can hike the 18 holes on the paved cart paths. Since the golf courses are basically a figure "8" you can also do 9 holes and end up by your parked vehicle.

Also have PT. I'll see what the Dr. sent and we will devise a treatment/exercise plan.

/ Good morning!!!! #187,270  
Morning all, 38 going to 52 and windy.
Had a sudden snow shower on the way to pick up my son, it was 40 degrees out!

Shelf full, lot of areas cleaned up and moved around to help out with final placement.
Lot's of stuff to throw out now. New shelf parts here tomorrow.

Wife still not 100% so dog walk canceled and just walked her around the yard.

Trench has been a brook for a while now, lots of flooding from last rain finally receding.

Will need to play pick up sticks with this wind. Stuff flying everywhere.

Averaging 4 hours sleep/night. Pain makes it hard to walk for a while, then disappears. Comes back a few hours later again. But still getting stuff done.

Be well.

20240310_130402.jpg

Amazing how fast the water is still moving, like little waterfalls.
20240310_125109.jpg