Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #30,101  
Drew are you sure an interior decorator won't be cheaper :eek: ;) :rolleyes:

Stay warm all you guys in the Northeast !! :shocked:

Bill, if you can't tell us why you shouldn't get married, how are we gonna know? :D

/ Good morning!!!! #30,102  
My experience was that I had to buy all new furniture anyway. No savings there!! :)

Maybe you should have asked on the first date what she thought of your furniture? You have to winnow the field somehow. :laughing:

MG good point! How would we know if someone should marry Bill? Have we seen his furniture? He has a nice tractor but that's just the beginning of the evaluation process.

There is this to consider for the single folks here:
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/11/fashion/modern-love-to-fall-in-love-with-anyone-do-this.html?_r=0
https://www.yahoo.com/health/can-36-questions-make-you-fall-in-love-with-107916682697.html

/ Good morning!!!! #30,103  
52F when I got up this morning, with big beautiful puffy spring clouds in a brilliant blue sky. 67F is the forecast high, same as tomorrow before rain hopefully moves in for the next four or five days. Fingers crossed! :dance1:

How would we know if someone should marry Bill? Have we seen his furniture? He has a nice tractor but that's just the beginning of the evaluation process.

There is this to consider for the single folks here:
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/01/11/fashion/modern-love-to-fall-in-love-with-anyone-do-this.html?_r=0
https://www.yahoo.com/health/can-36-questions-make-you-fall-in-love-with-107916682697.html

Maybe it's just me, but I've found that falling in love early in a relationship is easy, but the two articles really don't address what makes a lasting love. As a two time loser myself, :shocked: I'm probably the last one to ask, but the way a person manages change and conflict are key aspects, more important than money, politics, and religion from what I've experienced. People do change over time, but every women I've ever met considered me raw material to be changed into someone they found more desirable.:eek: That agenda never comes up in the first year of a relationship, so a multi-year engagement would be another facet of any future marital effort.

Should my turn ever come again, you can bet your bottom dollar I'll have a signed pre-nup from the best divorce attorney I can afford in my breast pocket before I stand in front of the preacher with her.:2cents::laughing:

/ Good morning!!!! #30,104  
52F when I got up this morning, with big beautiful puffy spring clouds in a brilliant blue sky. 67F is the forecast high, same as tomorrow before rain hopefully moves in for the next four or five days. Fingers crossed! :dance1:

Maybe it's just me, but I've found that falling in love early in a relationship is easy, but the two articles really don't address what makes a lasting love. As a two time loser myself, :shocked: I'm probably the last one to ask, but the way a person manages change and conflict are key aspects, more important than money, politics, and religion from what I've experienced. People do change over time, but every women I've ever met considered me raw material to be changed into someone they found more desirable.:eek: That agenda never comes up in the first year of a relationship, so a multi-year engagement would be another facet of any future marital effort.

Should my turn ever come again, you can bet your bottom dollar I'll have a signed pre-nup from the best divorce attorney I can afford in my breast pocket before I stand in front of the preacher with her.:2cents::laughing:

multi-year, with remote long distance relations!

/ Good morning!!!! #30,105  
True love begins:

A man was dining alone in a fancy restaurant and there was a gorgeous redhead sitting at the next table..He had been checking her out since he sat down, but lacked the nerve to talk with her.

Suddenly she sneezed, and her glass eye came flying out of its socket towards the man. He reflexively reached out, grabbed it out of the air, and handed it back.

'Oh my, I am so sorry,' the woman said, as she popped her eye back in place. 'Let me buy your dinner to make it up to you.'

They enjoyed a wonderful dinner together, and afterwards they went to the theatre followed by drinks... They talked, they laughed, she shared her deepest dreams and he shared his. She listened to him with interest.

After paying for everything, she asked him if he would like to come to her place for a nightcap and stay for breakfast. They had a wonderful, wonderful time.

The next morning, she cooked a gourmet meal with all the trimmings. The guy was amazed. Everything had been so incredible!

'You know,' he said, 'you are the perfect woman.. Are you this nice to every guy you meet?'

'No,' she replies. . ..

'You just happened to catch my eye.'

/ Good morning!!!! #30,107  
I should have seen that coming.
True love begins:

A man was dining alone in a fancy restaurant and there was a gorgeous redhead sitting at the next table..He had been checking her out since he sat down, but lacked the nerve to talk with her.

Suddenly she sneezed, and her glass eye came flying out of its socket towards the man. He reflexively reached out, grabbed it out of the air, and handed it back.

'Oh my, I am so sorry,' the woman said, as she popped her eye back in place. 'Let me buy your dinner to make it up to you.'

They enjoyed a wonderful dinner together, and afterwards they went to the theatre followed by drinks... They talked, they laughed, she shared her deepest dreams and he shared his. She listened to him with interest.

After paying for everything, she asked him if he would like to come to her place for a nightcap and stay for breakfast. They had a wonderful, wonderful time.

The next morning, she cooked a gourmet meal with all the trimmings. The guy was amazed. Everything had been so incredible!

'You know,' he said, 'you are the perfect woman.. Are you this nice to every guy you meet?'

'No,' she replies. . ..

'You just happened to catch my eye.'

/ Good morning!!!! #30,108  
26 degrees going up to mid forties on a cold clear day. But what do I see for this coming weekend? 50's and 60's? Yes. That ought to make the daffodils bloom, way too early...

quiet day planned. Going to head downtown to a furniture store and get some ideas on a dining room table. I sold my old set, my wife's original dining room suite, to the Russians who bought my home in PA. It was huge, heavy and overly styled for me. The Russians loved it; they seem to like styling that jumps in your face or is BIG in some fashion. All the reasons I wanted to leave it behind. I hemmed and hawwed about the furniture, and finally gave it to them to seal the deal (with a huge smile on my face). So now I need to find a table and chairs. If I can't find furniture in NC, well, I'm blind. And it is not going to be made in Upper Yuan Province either.

Been a long time since I bought furniture and just going to take it slow, going to have to live with the result a long time.

after going over on the house remodel budget, not much left for furniture. And I have a childhood friend who is an antique dealer who would love to fill my new home with antiques. Can't afford his stuff frankly. I've never been an antiques person, spent my money on art work and tractors, but I do want to buy one piece from him. I'm completely clueless as to what I have. A ball foot? And Chippendale is not the dancers....
Most of my furniture is repro and no common themes, a mish mash. Like most of us, what we collect along the way.

this is the kind of thing where I wonder if I should get a woman back in my life. Another set of eyes.
just not ready for it yet. Though I'm getting there.

most of our furniture was bought in NC, looked in Hickory, but bought from a shop up along 321, was lot cheaper than hickory for same furniture. they shipped it cheap.

our dining room is Tom Seely furniture from wv.
Tom Seely Furniture - Solid Wood Furniture Crafted by Hand | Gat Creek

Last edited: