Good morning!!!!

Buppies

Tractor
Kubota L5240 Toro 60inch Z Master 21 inch walk behind Polaris 900 hunter edition 30in toro walk behind
The one he did where he played himself and an old drunken sailor was a good one

toppop52

Super Star Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1723, Cub Cadet 1864
The problem with many gun control laws is lack of common sense, my Ruger 10/22 is perfectly legal in MD, if I put on a black military looking stock kit available legally, my gun becomes illegal in Maryland. The gun hadn’t changed capabilities, just appearance.

RoyJackson

Epic Contributor
Tractor
John Deere 4052R Cab,, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements
Although I wrote I was done with the topic of AR-15's on this thread, I have to add a link showing what BS the anti-rights people spew...both politicians and the "news" media:

I don't consider this ignorance...this is out and out lying (my guess put out by Anti-Rights scumbags in Washington DC)

txdon

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 3032E
IMG_0897.JPG

Just made a big mistake. I made some cookies for Whipper and she won’t stop following me around.
3 ingredients:
Peanuts 1/4 cup
Butternut squash 1/4 cup
Oats 1 cup

Fuddy1952

Elite Member
Tractor
1973 Economy and 2018 John Deere 3038E
Mental illness.
That's the common denominator. What normal person would kill another, especially children and innocent people.
Most people have never heard of the Bath School Incident that happened almost 100 years ago. And NO firearm was used! Yet 38 children killed, 6 adults and at least 58 injured.
People should get to the root cause...look for warning signs and nowadays social media. These people were all sick!

Here it is:

"The Bath School disaster, also known as the Bath School massacre, was a series of violent attacks perpetrated by Andrew Kehoe on May 18, 1927, in Bath Township, Michigan, United States. The attacks killed 38 elementary schoolchildren and 6 adults, and injured at least 58 other people. Prior to his timed explosives detonating at the Bath Consolidated School building, Kehoe had murdered his wife, Nellie Price Kehoe, and firebombed his farm. Arriving at the site of the school explosion, Kehoe died when he detonated explosives concealed in his truck."

toppop52

Super Star Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1723, Cub Cadet 1864
Mental illness.
That's the common denominator. What normal person would kill another, especially children and innocent people.
Most people have never heard of the Bath School Incident that happened almost 100 years ago. And NO firearm was used! Yet 38 children killed, 6 adults and at least 58 injured.
People should get to the root cause...look for warning signs and nowadays social media. These people were all sick!

Here it is:

"The Bath School disaster, also known as the Bath School massacre, was a series of violent attacks perpetrated by Andrew Kehoe on May 18, 1927, in Bath Township, Michigan, United States. The attacks killed 38 elementary schoolchildren and 6 adults, and injured at least 58 other people. Prior to his timed explosives detonating at the Bath Consolidated School building, Kehoe had murdered his wife, Nellie Price Kehoe, and firebombed his farm. Arriving at the site of the school explosion, Kehoe died when he detonated explosives concealed in his truck."

I’ve read about that, and
it’s very familiar.

daugen

Super Star Member
Tractor
in between now
I absolutely love radishes cannot get enough of them
if picked young and smaller, they are mild and juicy. I get a few woody ones but not too many.
almost no calories
My sister pulled three out of the garden, went over to the garden hose and washed them off, and then
enjoyed them right there. Well after I handed her some garden shears to trim them. The tap root on a radish
is powerful.

Roy, if it's nonsense, don't post it. Let's not try to irritate each other, which is easy to do when you feel obligated to rebut everything.
You need to watch your BP friend. Fox News isn't exactly my go to reference guide for news accuracy. It always seems to be inflammatory.
Usually have to go to three or four places,
including BBC, Wall Street Journal, etc.
Any paper with a built in agenda sucks as far as I'm concerned. I want the truth reported honestly. Not so easy to find.
That's why often the financial papers are the best, less emotion and more fact checking.

should any kid posting pics of powerful weapons like this be promptly referred to parents and authorities? Why didn't someone report
his craziness which was coming out online before this happened.
Ken, your son is this age or getting there, what do his peers think about seeing this stuff posted by folks they know about?

past time for dinner, stomach growling

Last edited:

NHBX

Gold Member
Tractor
Funny wildlife day today, sitting out on the back steps this morning having my coffee and a fair size bobcat calmly walked past and started rolling around on the "lawn" for about a minute. I went and looked at the spot, it was a patch of catnip. never seen that before lol makes sense I guess.
Headed out a bit later for a grocery and beer run, a turkey launched itself from about 8ft up a roadside hill and skidded across the hood of my truck. It landed across the road and walked into the woods unharmed. That certainly woke me up.
They say it comes in threes, on the way home after a few more errands a beautiful red-tailed hawk swooped down, landed in the road and grabbed a chipmunk and took off. Fortunately saw it soon enough to hit the skids and stop. Don't really need any more cardio stimulation today :eek:.

buckeyefarmer

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L3940 L5030 MF205-4
The problem starts at home with the family and is my opinion where we need to start

That is the root of the matter.

The blabbers will say “we don’t want to hear about your prayers, we need action”.
But people who pray don’t go around shooting people.
The same blabbers are trying to destroy the family concept, when that is the answer to the madness.

Kyle_in_Tex

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 4310,JD5420
No politics. It is crazy out there right now. Not that I want people to stick their heads in the sand.

I'm no saint. I'm a sinner too.

We have one of the best, if not THE best group of online people here. Drew included. I love you Drew. Don't forget that.

You all bring something to the table. I can't talk politics with my own mom. But we still talk and love each other.

I miss Eric and Helogabals and Ron.

Rich, are you going to watch the Flat Track races?

buckeyefarmer

Super Star Member
Tractor
68° overcast. We need rain.

Wife picked strawberries today, made jam, and making biscuits for shortcake.

I didn’t get home till almost 8 tonight, had a going away event after work.

Hope this thread survives, it’s the only thing keeping me on here.

Rich B1

Platinum Member
Tractor
NH TC21D
No I am not going to Lexington @Kyle_in_Tex

Wife and I are going to the local airport this weekend for the breakfast/fly in. The “Beach City Baby” is coming ”home” after a restoration. It sat for 24 years at another local airport before being bought and restored. I toured this airplane when I was 9 years old or so when it was “Ohio State 1” and was at the New Philadelphia airport when the governor was in town.

It has been restored to it’s WWII C-53 configuration and will be here all weekend. Oddly, I feel I need to do another tour

rswyan

Tractor
Kubota B2910, Cub Cadet Pro Z 154S, Simplicity 18 CFC, Cub Cadet 782
69F and cloudy @ 20:45, heading down to a low of 65F overnight.

Got another full tote of potting mix made up.

Finally managed to get the 9 additional Orienapet lily bulbs planted to go along with the original 6 while the sky was spitting at me ... and got some stakes sunk for the originals as well. Those get taller (6' - 8') than the ones I just planted.

Picture taken before I placed the stakes:

IMG_1710 copy.jpg

Still need to get a label on the originals (which are the ones which are the ones in the back that are up) though, as well as getting them tied to the stakes. Every one of the 9 which I planted today were at least "doubles" - two (or more) sprouts coming up - so pretty excited by that.

After that I started working on the tray of 4" pots which has the zucchini/yellow crookneck squash. Got 3 (of 10) pots done, yielded 9 plants ... so good germination on those. They were due:

IMG_1713 copy.jpg

Thought I'd include a picture of that east planting bed, since there's been some progress there and it's been a while since I posted any pics:

IMG_1711 copy.jpg

Woman was just remarking yesterday that She was wondering if any of the Stellas would bloom.

Oh ye of little faith ...

IMG_1712 copy.jpg

;)

Hope everyone had a reasonably decent day ... (y)

Wagtail

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 4105 / JD Z355E (48" deck)
Good morning. It's still mild for the 'last gasp' of Autumn; overnight low was only 9.6C and it's presently 17C. Sunny and calm. Just after I posted yesterday, the heavens opened up and I had some heavy rain all afternoon = 10.5mm in the gauge this morning (0900 when I manually check it for a 24hr period). My house tank is finally full after the broken/leaking pump incident of 1.5 months ago drained it to 1/5th capacity. YAY!

Early Winter should start back up again by this weekend. Still, it's a beautiful day in NE Tasmania!

Due to the unexpected rain yesterday I didn't get the garbage to the tip. I have to do that today.

Take care all.

check

Elite Member
Dorset (cottage country) and Toronto, Ontario, Can
Tractor
2009 Kubota BX25
Meanwhile, Sharon saw her surgeon on Tuesday, and he was very impressed at how nicely her arm has healed - she says it must be all the prayers you guys sent!

Raining like stink here right now, and more rain tomorrow. Will have to be doing indoor work. Both my work room and garage are disasters right now, and need some serious tidying.

There are still quite a few people without power from the Saturday storm. The death toll is now up to 11, and I learned that 900,000 people were without power all across southern Ontario and Quebec! It was a very narrow band, but very vicious! They called it a “derecho”, Which I have never heard of before, but apparently it is very rare.

Watched the movie “Three Mile Island“ the other night, very scary. It seems like there are a number of nuclear power plants that have and/or had problems. And here I thought that nuclear power was very safe!

Wagtail

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 4105 / JD Z355E (48" deck)
Watched the movie “Three Mile Island“ the other night, very scary. It seems like there are a number of nuclear power plants that have and/or had problems. And here I thought that nuclear power was very safe!
Well it is very safe, technology has vastly improved since the time of the "Three Mile Island" incident and the building of the facility. The same with Chernobyl.

And, of course, movies are made to entertain.

buckeyefarmer

Super Star Member
Tractor
No I am not going to Lexington @Kyle_in_Tex

Wife and I are going to the local airport this weekend for the breakfast/fly in. The “Beach City Baby” is coming ”home” after a restoration. It sat for 24 years at another local airport before being bought and restored. I toured this airplane when I was 9 years old or so when it was “Ohio State 1” and was at the New Philadelphia airport when the governor was in town.

It has been restored to it’s WWII C-53 configuration and will be here all weekend. Oddly, I feel I need to do another tour

What years was it the governors plane?
196711xx_AirportDedicationGovPlane.jpeg

This is Ohio governor plane in 1967

buckeyefarmer

Super Star Member
Tractor
Funny wildlife day today, sitting out on the back steps this morning having my coffee and a fair size bobcat calmly walked past and started rolling around on the "lawn" for about a minute. I went and looked at the spot, it was a patch of catnip. never seen that before lol makes sense I guess.
Headed out a bit later for a grocery and beer run, a turkey launched itself from about 8ft up a roadside hill and skidded across the hood of my truck. It landed across the road and walked into the woods unharmed. That certainly woke me up.
They say it comes in threes, on the way home after a few more errands a beautiful red-tailed hawk swooped down, landed in the road and grabbed a chipmunk and took off. Fortunately saw it soon enough to hit the skids and stop. Don't really need any more cardio stimulation today :eek:.

Quite a day.

rswyan

Tractor
Kubota B2910, Cub Cadet Pro Z 154S, Simplicity 18 CFC, Cub Cadet 782
Pictures and read you post I'm not surprise...your E Bunny. ;)
Yeah ... think I might have overdid it just a bit yesterday ... ;)

Today the Woman was going to call the office of our old Chiropractor who retired and see if his associate was still practicing (always cracks me up to say that ... :LOL:)

Never did find out the outcome on that.

On your situation, was in a similar place myself at one point (2014): ejection fraction down in the low 20's, pretty irregular heartbeat with lots of PVC's.

Mainly appears to have stemmed from failing to take my heart meds (beta-blocker and ACE inhibitor) regularly from 2007 on and a pretty sedentary lifestyle without much physical activity.

Got back on those and a couple of years ago when I had testing done my current cardiologist said he made my EF to be over 50% (55% maybe ?) ... so a vast improvement.

At the time (in 2014) my then cardiologist referred me to an electrocardiologist (who I wasn't terribly impressed with) that wanted me to get an ICD.

Decided to forego that for variety of reasons - not being able to weld being one of them, as well as the cost - instead opting to get back on the meds religiously and stay more physically active on a regular basis.

Point of all this being: 1. never hurts to get a second opinion, and 2. don't sell the meds short on what they can do.

Of course, that's just my experience and opinion and I'm not a physician, let alone yours specifically.

You're the one that's there and have to make the call.

Best of luck with whatever route you decide to go.

buckeyefarmer

Super Star Member
Tractor
They called it a “derecho”, Which I have never heard of before, but apparently it is very rare.

Just a newer word to describe a long linear storm front. One came across eastern US a few years ago that caused a lot of damage and outages.

mostly_gas

Tractor
in-between tractors
Good evening all. 52ºF for the start, clear, light breeze. Moderate west wind today, sky mostly clear all day, and high temp was 81ºF, HI 82ºF. Puttered till time to ride bike, cool temps caused delay. Mowed and napped after lunch. Into town for dinner and groceries. Still need to get truck inspected. Will try tomorrow.
Doug enjoy the pool playing. I could never bike that long without some food :)
Dennis sorry you're up so early.
Drew hope you are ready in time.
Buppies thanks for info.
Thomas good to hear back on limited duty.
Bill good to hear trailer progress continues, and good info on biting kitties.
Don sorry you are back in south wind so quick. we don't get south wind until tomorrow.
Dennis sorry about motivation MIA.
Ken glad you go lower field taken care of, sounds like you have a few more trees to go. nice pics
Rich good to hear plenty busy after retirement.
Ted good luck with trans planting project, just keep plugging away.
Paul hope your friend can retrieve the spring. Sometimes I will ask the salesperson to grab article and put my name on it so I can get and go. Hope flight was safe and uneventful.
Chris sorry about the amount of mowing, hope talk with neighbor goes well.
RS sorry about cramps, watching the electrolyte and fluid replacement helps me a lot, yellow mustard when muscles actively cramping. Hope you were able to get mowing done before rain and get more done on Kubota.
David keep the healing going, 2 months in hospital long time.
PJ hope you don't get washed away.
Don looks like you will get good potato crop.
Buppies quite cool for end of May here. That will change tomorrow.
Drew good to hear visit with sis went well. I agree gun conrol not good topis here.
Buppies impressive mileage. My Explorer got 26 mpg going to Missouri and back.
Don I think I would follow you for those cookies :)
NHBX nice pics
NHBX that does sound like intense cardio stimuli.
Well said Dennis and Kyle.
Rich had to look up what C-53 is. Sounds exciting.
RS nice pics and progress.
Randy(wag) you must have impressive water collection, it took less rain than I got in 36 hours to fill your tank! Good to hear tank full, and return to more seasonable weather
James good to hear wife healed from fall. Not sure how accurate movie is, problems not unusual, safety systems anticipate problems and reduce the consequences.
RS good pep talk about your heart experience. I will be getting update ultrasound on heart in next year or 2.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter/friend PT from Covid, Bird/aging issues/, Don /mom's pipeline process, Randy/FIL living alone adjustments /MIL Covid /son's FIL death /new(2) cancer surgeries not needed :) /cataract surgery, Roy /palpitations, /angina , Billy /wife fall, David(moss) /remodel, /divorce, Buppies /3 new skin cancer spots and treatment, /wife head wound healing, / Bup and wife fever recovery and buppies's fall, Thomas/gout, /operation and recovery, Phil /reflux, /wife's eyes, Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Grev/wife's eye, Ted /knee recovery/retirement, / passing out issues, /family issues, /wife feeling bad, Doug and wife/health issues, /nerve and pain, / wife's hospital stay, /torn bicep, Ken/tree fall injuries, / kids shot tragedy, David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery recovery, /cataract surgery, /Sophie's hand infection, Chris/neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, Scaredy/shoulder dislocation, Paul/ wife's disc issues, Gale and KY/ tornado victims, Mike /5 year plan, Dennis /root canal work, /retirement plans / brother "alligallyitus" and improving, Drew /friend cancer diagnosis and recovery, Helogabals /second opinion, /wife's friend situation, Ukraine war, mass shooting victims and family, and Country.
stay safe and healthy you all.

Looking4new

Tractor
2012 Kioti CK27HST w/cab
Dump and town run done. Wow! The mosquitoes are out in full force and brutal today. Of course it rained this afternoon and the power was out for 3 hours. The generator ran for about 2.5 of the 3 hours. I called the outage into Hydro-One (the power company) and they came out and wiped the rain water off the 70 year old wires.
A few years ago I came home in a driving downpour...the rain stopped, the sun came out and the power went off. I called that one in too. Told the girl that answered on the other end of the 'outage line' that the power stayed on all through out the downpour but went out when the sun came out, so the wires got hit with some sunshine. She did NOT appreciate the comment. I sure did.

My bed is calling me. One of the newly it'ed cats is sleeping under my bed.

tallyho8

Elite Member
Who Dat Nation west of Westwego east of Ama south
Tractor
Kubota L4400, Kubota ZD326
A sad day today and yesterday. Yesterday a coyote got our beloved rooster and today he got her sister. We had a very special rooster a few months ago that was the largest and most beautiful one we ever had. A coyote got him. The good news was we had some hens setting on eggs from him. The only 2 that hatched were the rooster and hen that we lost yesterday and today. We now have one hen setting on eggs from the last rooster for the last couple of weeks. We are hoping we get another rooster and hen from that batch.

We no longer have our old Great Pyrenees that kept the coyotes away and we love the eggs from the free range chickens we have and love seeing them roam free and happy around the farm, keeping down the insects and cleaning up spilt food from the other critters.

The darn coyotes are so hard to trap and poison is out of the question with our and neighbors dogs in the neighborhood. Great Pyrenees are great livestock protectors but are so short lived that it seems like by the time they are old enough to keep the predators away they pass on. Putting up and maintaining a couple of miles of coyote proof fence is out of the question.

Maybe someone knows where we can get some of those famous coyote dispatching roadrunners?