Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #81,181  
Good morning all, 68 going to 88 with am fog and a 20% chance of afternoon T-storms. Hope to get some more time on the lathe today, will see.

David, O the dogs life, we love them and provide for their needs. Perhaps we are all just a bit envious.

Prayers sent, have a great day. Ed

/ Good morning!!!! #81,182  
David, O the dogs life

I was thinking exactly the same thing Ed.
uh boss, where's my Alpo? Could you warm that up a little for me? :D

Dropped a bomb in FP. A nice bomb. In thread owner moderates...
one of the folks on my disregard list, and there are only two left, the others disappeared, as often
really nasty people do..., posted in an owner's thread asking for friendly behavior, and he posted
something that wasn't nice. Like he just couldn't help himself. And I took him to task.
Feel like I want to wash my hands.
so if I disappear, well....;)

but since I don't think I will, it's going to be another hot sun and clouds day today, up to 94, heat index in the 110's.
I have mowing to finish, but I'm on a riding mower so that's ok. Am guessing two more hours of that.

I need to call Kubota dealer and get price on 72 side discharge deck. And also get a set of high wind velocity blades and change out the brand new ones I just put on. If that doesn't help, in just normal light dew grass, I can't keep what I have. I'm doing half the lawn with the smaller mower which has zero issues with damp grass. That sure wasn't why I spent all this money on the new mower. The bi-directionality of the RD mower is really nice in a tree/shrub intensive place like mine, plus out on the roadsides, no worry about passing cars. Well, except for getting hit by them...

Happy Labor Day. Lot of days in the office, lot of days on the road.
In my case, from dull cubicles to seriously cool hydroelectric dams to the other side of the retail counter.
Done a bunch of different things in my labors. Always provided, never got fired.
Quit a six figure job once, when I went to Florida to sell yachts in Ft. Lauderdale.
Always seemed on a quest to learn new things. Wound up earning half in Florida, kept getting yelled at by
owner who was clearly in the camp of non disclosure unless specifically asked and then always be truthful.
I was always in the counselor camp, are you sure this is the right boat for you?....

Labor Day. Time to shift gears for the Fall.
may all your gears mesh together with zero friction on this fine day.

/ Good morning!!!! #81,183  
70 going to 92. 90s all week.

Get well Randy!

Happy Anniversary, Mostly and wife!

Son and GF and dogs came in last night for a stay on the way to the mountains. Fun having the puppy back here again.

Got a few chores done yesterday and will "Labor" some more today, then some Virginia Tech football.

I keep a log of certain flora and fauna events/activities each year, like the first day the hummingbirds arrive in spring. Well, I realized last year that I was killing a lot of deerflies on my hikes back in the woods...so I logged each day's kill this year. (Yeah, I guess that's my big excitement as an old geezer). First day they appeared was June 16, and yesterday I topped 2,000 kills. What a proud accomplishment :). I use a butterfly net from the dollar store and rarely ever get bitten.

Saw about a 2 mile long string/flock of blackbirds last week. I was out on the tractor and it took them a long time to pass overhead. Don't usually see that around here this early.

/ Good morning!!!! #81,184  
What a proud accomplishment . I use a butterfly net from the dollar store and rarely ever get bitten.

you must play tennis or racquetball well Billy, I can see you swinging away out there on your walks, take that!

let's see if we can find you an optical fly scanner to do that counting for you...

/ Good morning!!!! #81,185  
70 going to 92. 90s all week.

Get well Randy!

Happy Anniversary, Mostly and wife!

Son and GF and dogs came in last night for a stay on the way to the mountains. Fun having the puppy back here again.

Got a few chores done yesterday and will "Labor" some more today, then some Virginia Tech football.

I keep a log of certain flora and fauna events/activities each year, like the first day the hummingbirds arrive in spring. Well, I realized last year that I was killing a lot of deerflies on my hikes back in the woods...so I logged each day's kill this year. (Yeah, I guess that's my big excitement as an old geezer). First day they appeared was June 16, and yesterday I topped 2,000 kills. What a proud accomplishment :). I use a butterfly net from the dollar store and rarely ever get bitten.

Saw about a 2 mile long string/flock of blackbirds last week. I was out on the tractor and it took them a long time to pass overhead. Don't usually see that around here this early.

Thanks for the post. My grandfather used to write about his kills on the calendar. 12 flies, 2 black hornet and 3 wasps. :) Miss that man. He walked on crutches for over 70 years and was quite a man.

Happy anniversary Mostly, sorry i forgot earlier. Ed

/ Good morning!!!! #81,186  
Mostly and wife Happy Anniversary

70 high of 90 today the heat goes on

Prayers for Toppop and all others in need

/ Good morning!!!! #81,187  
Morning all. Forgot to turn alarm off... Back to sleep.....

/ Good morning!!!! #81,188  
Poured first cup of coffee. 68° with partly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 87° with good chance of thunderstorms in late afternoon. Good day yesterday with son and family. Today will be another rest day after I get garden pond maintenance done and tools from Saturdays project put away.

David, I think you need to put your video on Youtube or similar. Facebook Video is one place.. Then post link to the video. When clicking on the video icon on internet toolbar says the same thing. Resting dogs, always a relaxing picture.

Drew, good luck with the clumping. My neighbor fixes the clomping problem by cutting lawn twice each cutting. He pays someone to do it. :shocked:

Randy, take care with shingles in that area, My wife is still being treated for it in the eye from 9 years ago. She thought it was a sinus infection also. Prayers sent.

Happy Anniversary Mr and Mrs Mostly.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #81,189  
Now that September is here. I need to report on my Carpenter Bee traps. Caught in 4 homemade traps 21. Killed with Brake Kleen 13. Caught with net 0. Maybe I need to take lessons from wngsprd. I think the traps worked good. Also collected a few wasps in them. Need to take traps down and clean them. Ready for next year. Haven't seen a Carpenter bee in several weeks.

/ Good morning!!!! #81,190  
Good morning folks, thanks for the well wishes. Still have some pain and burning, swelling around the eye first thing mornings it usually goes down fairly soon. I’m going on about my business as best I can.

Went to a car show, fund raiser, fair type event yesterday at the Deal Island harbor, water on three sides including a great view out across the Chesapeake Bay. Ate some pulled pork and had a nice ride in the old Monte Carlo.
Another nice storm late in the day, an inch of rain in 40 minutes.
75-88 today.
You folks in the Gulf region watch out for the tropical storm.
Prayers guys.