Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #91,191  
Good morning to all! Low of 40, going up to 65 today and sunny.

I kinda 'took a day off' to let this respiratory bug work it's way out. The energy level has a bad governer....keeps surging up and down. Sinuses are a bit better, cough sounds bad, but is more infrequent and less severe.

The weekend was totally uneventful, puttered around the house intermittently and did a bunch of decluttering. It's amazing how much 'junk' we accumulate over time. We gathered up a lot of usable 'stuff' and got it boxed then taken for a ride to the local donation center.

Today, my daughter is coming down from Colorado with a trailer to get a bedroom suite we are giving to our gradndson. He also got 'a bug' this past weekend, so we'll see how we both make it through loading everthing up.

Nice to hear that the weather is finally changing to 'spring-like' for some of you guys (LFN....you're just out of the equation). Hopefully March will go out like a lamb next week.

Everyone have a great start to the week! Prayers sent.

/ Good morning!!!! #91,192  
Forgot:
Jay, I hope the first day of PT is uneventful! Don't let the overzealousness of the therapist get in the way of a "slow and steady as we go" approach to healing. Remember you are your own best patient advocate.

/ Good morning!!!! #91,193  
Ted- I am happy to see you posting and thanks for the + PT thoughts.

BBL

/ Good morning!!!! #91,194  
I got called for jury duty 3 times. 1 Federal and 2 county. Took 3 days to say they did not want me at Federal trial. Sat through 6 days of trial to be selected as alternate. Other county trail got settled before jury selection started. Since I am over 70. No more requests.
I want to help. But all the backdoor stuff that goes on. Makes most of serving a waste of my time.

My late wife got called for Grand Jury duty, would have involved 6 months or more. She being a medical professional, at the time she was medical supervisor for Tyson Foods Eastern region, they excused her. But who has six months to tie up?

/ Good morning!!!! #91,195  
as I take off my soaked sweaty shirt, I'm reading L4N's tales of frigid temps, brrrrrr.

a fine productive morning. First the dealer service mgr showed up right at 8am and put the "right" stabilizers on my
new Massey, which now adjust far enough in for Cat 1 implements. He then helped me hook up my finish mower, got properly slimed
with grease, said he was in the wrong business if grease bothered him...;), and I was pleased the whole thing fit in the barn with a little room to spare.
one run for the home team.

Then on to cutting up another batch of blue potatoes, and got them planted in the garden. And because food pantry day is tomorrow, went to pick what I could of the very first collard crop. Never picked a collard in my life and hope I never do again...oh is my back killing me right now. All that bending over, and even with less than a third of the field up even a little, I filled three boxes. The deal is I grow it, they pick it. We shall see...absolutely no one seems to want to do this kind of work. I think they are going to try to get the local Boy Scouts or some youth organization to help. Us old farts can't bend over any more.

Attachments

• IMG_1256.JPG
    IMG_1256.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1257.JPG
    IMG_1257.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1258.JPG
    IMG_1258.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1259.JPG
    IMG_1259.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 63
   / Good morning!!!! #91,196  
That is a much better looking set of stabilizers.
Good luck with the volunteer. pickers

/ Good morning!!!! #91,197  
thanks Lou. You know a great deal about this equipment and always appreciate your input.

/ Good morning!!!! #91,198  
63°F and .40 inches rain.

Trip to o this morning as my tractor parts should be there. But will be a couple days before I can install. Have to finish cabinet work first.
Those 18 oak boards from HD have been sawn up into many smaller pieces. Still need to run some thru the planet. Hope to get first cabinet finished and ready for stain today. Wife is happy with results so far.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #91,199  
thanks Lou. You know a great deal about this equipment and always appreciate your input.

Now ..... aren't you glad you held up on chopping on your implements Drew?

/ Good morning!!!! #91,200  
The trial was canceled this morning so, a trip to town for nothing.

The county attorney is a friend and neighbor so, went upstairs, in courthouse to say hello. He gave me the 25 cent tour of the courthouse and the court room.

IMG_4042.jpg

I've always really liked all the old courthouses of Texas.

Unfortunately our neighbors, in Austin County, didn't feel the same.

Several years ago they traded this;

IMG_4044.jpg

For this.

IMG_4045.jpg