Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #19,892  
Sister took my mom to hospital this morning at 10am because she was having trouble breathing. Didn't see a doctor till 3pm, didn't get an IV until 7pm. Canadian health care going to pot. Mom has pneumonia, and she is also diabetic and has sores on her leg that are infected, hence the IV for antibiotics. They are keeping her overnight as a precaution. Wife will head up tomorrow to check in on her, don't know what I would do without the love of my life, she takes good care of my mom.

/ Good morning!!!! #19,893  
Sister took my mom to hospital this morning at 10am because she was having trouble breathing. Didn't see a doctor till 3pm, didn't get an IV until 7pm. Canadian health care going to pot. Mom has pneumonia, and she is also diabetic and has sores on her leg that are infected, hence the IV for antibiotics. They are keeping her overnight as a precaution. Wife will head up tomorrow to check in on her, don't know what I would do without the love of my life, she takes good care of my mom.

Hope your mom gets better soon. Diabetes is nothing to play with, and you have a terrific wife. Will get you all in our prayers

/ Good morning!!!! #19,895  
Bakerg, hope you mom fares well....

2014-03-04, 0325

-7 right now...22 is the predicted high today along with an overcast sky.

/ Good morning!!!! #19,896  
-6F Clear sky clouds arriving late afternoon w/snow showers/light snow,high today mid 20's...much warmer than yesterday w/than darn win blowing.

/ Good morning!!!! #19,897  
7 degrees this morning warming up to 34, then a slow warming trend for at least a few days.
Getting my suburban serviced this morning and then might get a little tractor time in.
Have to work while the ground is frozen....once it thaws, I can play in the woods but not on the lawns.

I ordered a Long tree digger for the front of the Kubota. Actually I will dig the holes with the phd, then scoop up the berry bushes I need to transplant
and drop them right in the holes I dug. Now I know it will be just that simple...well, maybe on the third try. With my hand and arm, no way can I dig and transplant
about fifteen berry bushes, so here was a case where I really did need a good tool to help me. There is a much less expensive strap on kind by Paumco that I looked at but I have had such good luck with WR Long attachments, and I am buying this for life now...so this was my new attachment for the year.
Tree Spade

probably should go out in the woods and dig some holes for practice. Can't wait to attack a stump or rock with this thing.

another heavy implement I have to figure out how to deal with. Someone once showed roller dolleys under their attachments. That looked like a great idea.
No way I can pick up this three hundred pound steel anchor. Could drag it, but not too smart for me at the moment.
I have been drooling over a gizmo in Northern Tools for years...a portable battery operated hand winch.
When your physical health doesn't allow you to do the things you used to, one has to go looking for the right helper.
https://www.warn.com/utility/pullzall/cordless.shtml

Geez, should I allow myself two new things this year? I'll have to think about that for awhile. Ok, I'm done...:D

BakerG, in my faith, I will hold your Mom "in the Light". Hope she's home soon. Along with your wife.

/ Good morning!!!! #19,898  
-3 degrees this morning and they say it is going to be tough to reach 20 today
End of the week sounds great with chance for temps in the 40's

image-2072469412.png

/ Good morning!!!! #19,899  
11F and headed to 32. Only got 4 inches of snow yesterday, much less than the 8-12 predicted at one point. Likely get more Thursday night.

Drew, go for it - when you get our age, you have to double up on implement purchases each year. I've been by the Long site in Tarboro many times - good quality.

Gary, hope your mom gets well soon - sounds like your wife will help make that happen.

/ Good morning!!!! #19,900  
-4*F at sunrise, clear skies & calm. Could hit 20F today.

Have to get busy on income taxes today, and I need to renew the registration on the 1-ton at Town Hall. They are only open 1-6 pm Tue. & Thur., some forethought is required. :eek:

At last night's VFD meeting, we reviewed the use of the cold water rescue gear. When--if-- some ice melts in the lake, we are going to do a live exercise.

Good luck with the health challenges.