Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #31,841  
2015-03-16, 0318

18 degrees right now...high today will be about 44.

/ Good morning!!!! #31,842  
Morning all.

It's currently 4*C/39*F here in Scotland and looks set to be another sunny day, the fourth in a row!

One coffee has been drank and I'm about to head through to the kitchen to pour another. I think it'll be a 3 cup morning, minimum.

Have a good day everybody - only five more days until the weekend...

/ Good morning!!!! #31,843  
39 degrees going up to low seventies today, high seventies tomorrow, in clear nice weather.
Spring has sprung...

today's project is to fire up the orchard sprayer and put on a dormant oil coat. Trees are starting to bud so I'm late but since these trees are fresh from the nursery I'm assuming they have had some spraying so far.

but first, the initial calculation. Why oh why do they quote things in tablespoons when everything else is ounces or gallons?
out comes the calculator and the cook book. 55 gallon sprayer, going to make a half tank. After I pump the antifreeze out of it from the factory and test out the wand. Haven't used one of these in fifty years...but sure used one plenty as a teenager. All those times getting drenched by malathion and maybe even ddt, who knows...

Decided to be smart and stay home yesterday, did not go to the boat show, and spent six more hours cleaning and waxing the boat I already own. It's now ready to go to the dealer and get its new motor. Boat shows are not what I need when I still dream of building a new garage/workshop back by the barn.

/ Good morning!!!! #31,844  
And yet another grey morning.

jmurray01 : You must be keeping all the sunshine up in Scotland. It won't last though, Friday is eclipse day.

We have a small 1/3 acre pond that needs a section of bank reinforcing to prevent it undercutting the hedge by the roadside.

Somewhere I read that alder makes exceptionally long lasting piles, as long as it stays wet. I cut down a dozen or more alder down this winter and hope to use them later in the year. Only problem being I wasn't sure how long I could leave them before they dry out too much for this sort use. Then I had a thought. Move them up to the pond now and let them soak until the water level falls enough to get in with chest waders.

A mini project for the summer.

alder.jpeg

/ Good morning!!!! #31,845  
17F now high 44F.
Yesterday weather indeed a mix bag,ice..freezing rain..1 1/2" snow more rain/ice arriving tonight.I don't plan on plowing driveway.
Feels like its going to be long work week.

Enjoy the day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #31,846  
46 this morning high of 73 with plenty of sunshine. Rain back for Thursday and Friday high only in 40s and windy too. Big coastal storm New England and Maritimes will have it pretty rough

/ Good morning!!!!
#31,847  
46 and going for 67 here in the mitten. Going to my new project.

/ Good morning!!!! #31,848  
43 and a high of 67 and sunny. I'll believe it when I see it.

/ Good morning!!!! #31,849  
36 heading to 75! The spring peepers are singing outside this morning even though it is cold.

Yesterday's 30mph winds and sun began the drying out process. Allowed me to rake up some little dead pieces of plum tree branches that fell off when I cut them down. I ended up with a wheelbarrow full, along with some henbit.

/ Good morning!!!! #31,850  
Today

Snow ending this morning then clearing. Amount 2 cm. Blowing snow this morning. Wind north 30 km/h gusting to 50. High minus 3. UV index 3 or moderate.

16 inches of snow to move.
100_0730.JPG