Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #79,901  
77°F and rain this morning, going up to 85° today. Expecting rain most of the day around here, with some potentially sever storms. Going to put a damper on the PGA Championship practice rounds today and tomorrow.

That's a great-looking quilt, Don. Guess I need to scare up some pictures of my Wife's work.

/ Good morning!!!! #79,902  
Good morning all;

I haven't posted in this thread for some time. Thought this was worth mentioning, yesterday while driving to the home I'm building I looked at the temperature....36 degrees. Could hardly believe it was that cold. It felt nice since it's been so hot lately.

Wow! That's colder than CWB in Wyoming. Hope your new home is meeting your expectations...you left such a beautiful place in Utah.

/ Good morning!!!! #79,903  
Wow! That's colder than CWB in Wyoming. Hope your new home is meeting your expectations...you left such a beautiful place in Utah.

Thanks,

I agree about our place in Utah being beautiful......It will take some time/money but I'll get there with the new place.:D

/ Good morning!!!! #79,904  
Good morning all;

I haven't posted in this thread for some time. Thought this was worth mentioning, yesterday while driving to the home I'm building I looked at the temperature....36 degrees. Could hardly believe it was that cold. It felt nice since it's been so hot lately.
Wow, still hitting 90s here.

/ Good morning!!!! #79,905  
   / Good morning!!!! #79,906  
Here are some of my Wife's older quilt projects. She used to post a lot of stuff on her Facebook page, but hasn't been doing that much lately.

Most of these were made for other people. A couple of them are ours.
That Raiders quilt was expensive material, and a guy she used to work with paid her $450 to make it. She also made a couple of matching throw pillows with the leftover material.
The skulls-n-roses quilt was made to auction at a fund raiser for a friend who was fighting cancer (and later succumbed to it).
The red and black one I used while taking a nap last weekend.

DLee quilt 1.JPGDLee quilt 2.JPGDLee quilt 3.JPGDLee quilt 4.JPGDLee quilt 5.JPGDLee quilt 6.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #79,907  
Finished lubing the zero turn yesterday...found 2 zerks on the mower deck drive shaft that I can't reach with my cheapo grease gun. Thinking of getting one of the battery guns. Seems like I remember a couple of you guys using them...any recommendations? It doesn't have to be "pillow-worthy" like Eric's :).

I looked at battery guns a few years ago when I got tired of pumping grease. I don't use a grease gun all that often around here since the landscaping was finished, and didn't want yet another battery to worry about going dead on the shelf, or catching fire if left on a charger. Ended up with a Lincoln 1162 Air Operated Grease Gun, which has worked out very well.

And as Newbury mentioned, check out the Lock'n'Lube coupler. Makes a world of difference.

/ Good morning!!!! #79,908  
IMG_20180324_184836912.jpg Wife's sewing station, middle and left machines are embroidery units. The middle unit has software that runs on Windows XP. While we don't do much embroidery, she does quilt labels on them. Her serger is on dining room table along with lots of fabrics. She usually gets quilts ready to be quilted and then rents time on a long arm machine. She has the leaders with zippers so setting her quilts up on the long arm is fairly quick. She also uses the middle machine in the photo to quilt (releases feed dogs and uses a special foot, even has special gloves). I think it is called free hand quilting?

We also have a Grace hand quilting frame (no room to setup it up right now). Hand quilting is best done with a group.

(yes, it appears the right end leg is missing from table, we bought one, have not stained it yet. Plan is to shorten the legs and we'll add the 4th leg then. Table is just a little too high)

/ Good morning!!!! #79,909  
Not as cool as cat fever this morning, 40° with a little haze. Today is going to be in the mid 80's and sunny with a light wind.

Going to make myself change the hydraulic fluid in the tractor today. I've been putting it off and finding other things to do. Hopefully I won't have any problems.

Hope everyone has a nice day.
CWB.

/ Good morning!!!! #79,910  
Good Morning!!!! 71F @ 5:30AM. Partly cloudy. Areas of smoke and haze are possible, reducing visibility at times. High 94F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.

The old industrial Consew here does one straight stitch but does it very well, through almost any imaginable thickness of cloth or upholstery. It's about to get a workout if the van ever gets back and I can start working on door cards. The foam and vinyl are already here...

Smoke, smoke, and more smoke. Most of it from the Mendocino Complex, which is now the largest fire in California history. Several others are contributing as well, including the Donnell Fire and now the Murphy Incident, burning in the shadow of the Chips Fire not far to the east of here. The Chips burned 71,000 acres in 2012, and it took the winter rains to finally put it out. COD: GOES16

Installed the air box on the old BMW yesterday, then dug out the carbs and found one had been completely disassembled but not cleaned, and the other untouched. Don't remember doing it, but I must have. Very stressful time, so not surprised at the lack of memory. A nice surprise was finding a box with all the new parts needed to do the job. And I broke down and ran the body and top through the bead blaster, supposedly a no-no because it takes off the finish and clogs the ports, but with the ultra fine bead I'm using I didn't encounter either problem. More of the same today with the other one.

you mentioned Consew and one showed up in my Facebook feed on the marketplace.. consew.jpg