Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #102,231  
I really think the 1950's was the best decade for SF films...so many classics. Some were pretty goofy ("Plan 9 From Outer Space" comes to mind) but most were fun to watch..at least once. Of course, I grew up in the 50's, so maybe these old flicks are nostalgia for me...

Scotch was good yesterday, but it's gonna be a beer and movies day today!

I agree. I still enjoy those SciFi movies, the B&W pirate/buccaneer/sailing movies, and Humphrey Bogart movies. :cool:

David- Another beautiful HI picture. Thanks for sharing.

/ Good morning!!!! #102,232  
Pleasant surprise yesterday.
I purchased a 10,000 watt generator as I had blown my older 6.5 due to my stupidity.

Delivery was via a pickup and he had a sheet of 3/4 plywood to slide it out.
That worked just fine.

He asked where I'd like it and I jokingly said 'in the wood shed' and he promptly pushed it down the slope (on the snow) tore off the cardboard packing, opened the shed door and placed it exactly where I'd want it.

WOW, service!
When I tipped him a $20 he asked was I sure.
I sure was!

I later went back to the store and commended him to his boss.

That is great service 🤙🤙🤙

/ Good morning!!!! #102,233  
Gentleman driving took one tire and wheel out and one tire very new radials on curb cut too close

/ Good morning!!!! #102,234  
Very raw here today cloudy 38 light wind

/ Good morning!!!! #102,235  
I've told this story before awhile back but this talk of self defense weapons reminds me of my business neighbor long ago.
My insurance agency was at 7 N. Main Street, up from the only light in town and across from the town's only bank and their large parking lot.
Next to us, at 9 N. Main was a jewelry store owned by a man who was a bit scary. Carried at least two guns on his body, one in shoulder holster, and two guns under the counter. One looked like an assault battle rifle. This was in the 70's and not sure any laws in by then. And the last gun was a double barrelled 12 gauge shotgun.
My partner was a lifelong hunter but being next to the jeweler even gave him concern, as we didn't have a firewall between office space and jeweler. We knew the walls would not hold based on his guns in there, and this guy always seemed mad at the world, and I bet looked forward to the day he could send some foolish robber shooting backwards with that shotgun. At issue were the folks in the bank parking lot across the street too. We were glad to move the office out the other road into town, West Bridge Street, which then was one block from the firehouse. I believe the gentleman passed away from a bad heart, likely too much stress.
Maybe he had stress at home, after all his wife met me at the door with a see through negligee on, and nothing else, as I'm trying to measure the home for homeowners insurance. All I could think of was how many guns this guy had... but clearly he had issues I was glad weren't mine.
Just your normal small town stuff.

Good story, Drew. But there was at least one person in that town not afraid of the jeweler's guns: His wife!:laughing:

/ Good morning!!!! #102,236  
46° with overcast, chance of showers and windy through tomorrow night. Kids have all gone home, things are quiet again. Animals and Ellen are napping. We have a dinner date with friends this evening, then another week gets started.
I found out Friday that my TAVR procedure is scheduled for December 13, that’s Friday the 13th, do I feel lucky? I’m hoping that new valve does me great wonders.
Have a good day guys and God bless.

/ Good morning!!!! #102,237  
I love this thread. Everyone has so much going on that is noteworthy. Yesterday this little fellow came to live with us! Good times. IMG_0679.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #102,239  
Frank- Congratulations. I wish you many years together in health and happiness. :cool:

Randy- I hope you and Ellen have a great meal out with friends tonight.

I now have enough kindling to last me hopefully to 2020 and a couple of days worth of firewood indoors and in my wood cart by the slider. It looks more and more likely that I'll be seeing cold rain changing over to freezing rain tonight into tomorrow and again Monday night into Tuesday AM. A Winter Storm Warning (Freezing Rain/Ice <.10") has been issued for this area.

/ Good morning!!!! #102,240  
Good afternoon. It was 40° this morning and might make it to 68° this afternoon. It was sunny till about 9 a.m. but, it's been overcast since then.

We had a dinner, for our young hunters, last evening at the VFD Hall. We're served them brisket, country ribs, sausage, with all the sides you could think of. They had a pretty successful day of hunting. 18 hunters harvested 13 nice sized does yesterday. The girls generally out hunted the boys as they each got a doe ... but they all had two great hunts yesterday and their final hunt this morning. I haven't heard of results of this morning's hunt yet.

Edit: got update while writing this. Total of 21 does harvested over two days. All hunters got at least one. One of the girls got one yesterday and a second this morning. She had never hunted before this weekend.

I spent the day light hours yesterday lighting off and monitoring another burn pile.

While watching the burn, I took down several cedar trees, near the burn pile.

Randy ... Friday the 13th ... will be your Lucky Day!

BEF ... glad your grease fire turned out ok for you.

Roy ... do those 2A glasses work with bourbon or ... scotch only?

David ... congrats on new truck.

Houston Texans are getting theirs a...es handed to them by Baltimore Ravens. 34-0 ... mid 4th quarter.

Hope everyone has a nice end to your weekends.

Prayers to all.