Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #134,411  
Well, with my neighbor's ½" drive strap wrench and an application of heat using my wife's blow dryer, the water filter housing came off and a new filter installed. I think I'm still going to replace it with some new, since it is 25'30 years old, and plastic can get brittle after all those years.
So, one job down...fortunately successfully. I did order a strap wrench sine it wasn't the first time I had to borrow one (different neighbor)
Next job, starting tomorrow, is getting those belts on the flail mower...

At least, with a fresh filter, the wifey and stepdaughter will be happy. I will have to mark the filter housing to indicate which way is loosening!

/ Good morning!!!! #134,412  
Here is a fawn born yesterday right by the house.

IMG_1874.JPG

The baby was inside the fence since I left it open on that side.

The momma went to deposit her birth stuff in the woods.

The fawn moved to outside the fence later in the day.

IMG_1479.JPG

My wife thought it was all adorable.

MoKelly

/ Good morning!!!! #134,413  
Good evening! Very comfortable 66 now. Windy when I got home. Was a little hard on the umbrella on the back porch o_O

Today ended up being easy. Customer is concerned, but has bigger issues going on than our issues. There was a silver lining!

I have 800 mg prescription ibuprofen. Yesterday it was doing nothing for the back. Today, it did calm things down. I spent a lot of time on my feet today and didn’t really feel it until I was almost home. Took another one and it has calmed down again.

Overhead door in the barn had some issues with one of the cables, it rusted thru. Wife had a garage door company come and repair it today, one of the techs was afraid of birds of any type. She said he had a tough time with our one goose (Oscar) who walked beside him the entire time he was here. Oscar just likes people, the tech was not amused.

Everyone stay safe out there

/ Good morning!!!! #134,415  
61F and clear @ 21:15, headed down to a low of 49F in the overnight.

Just came in from screening some compost, got the screened pile mostly replenished.

Before that I ran up to the sparrow trap and gave the first captive of the year a dish of water and covered the trap with a towel. Hopefully preserve the captive overnight to lure in some more tomorrow.

Prior to that I put about 50 gallons of water down on the new grass with a watering can, and covered some of it with the hay the neighbor brought down yesterday.

The Woman and I made the run to Menards earlier and picked up the order ... plus some more vegetable plants - six hot pepper plants, a cabbage and something else (I think) and some more annuals (pansies IIRC) for her.

Stopped at another nursery on the way back home and picked up some more potato vines (purple this time) for her and I snagged a pot of blackeyed Susans.

Unloaded all that when we got back, then worked on planting the four new square pots we got at Menards with flowers and other greenery.

Did not get any of the new veggies planted ... but The Squeak got to put on her pretty red harness and enjoy some outside time ... until she escaped from it and had to go back inside.

After that The Woman made up some Tikka Masala (from a jar) with some chicken thighs for dinner ... was delicious, about to go have some more now ... (y)

Before we left I got the garden and the oak trees watered, and got the rest of the lawn down here around the house mowed.

Started off the day by refilling the hopper feeder.

UPS delivered another instance of the first incorrect part Chapin shipped me ... :oops:

Really makes ya wonder ... :rolleyes:

Hope everyone had a great day.

/ Good morning!!!! #134,416  
Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #134,417  
Beautiful day today.

Got another trim cover put on camper, finished the one from last night. Other side of license plate holder broke, plate was on the ground. It’s part of the rear light.
Replaced the little spring catches that hold access doors open.
Ordered new rain gutter deflectors last night, won’t do last piece of trim till I get them, since it goes on end of that piece.

Got tired of looking at grass around my old fire pit, so got string trimmer running and whacked some stuff. Trimmed a couple low branches of an oak that hit the mower.

Mowed front and close to house in back.

Wife worked in garden. She pulled weeds from the corn rows, and planted more corn between the few stalks that grew.
I picked up the pile of weeds using the ranger and hauled them off.
Got a sunset picture, then at dusk put the drone up for a shot, but it wasn’t as good.
IMG_0018.JPG

Neighbors barn at dusk from drone.
IMG_0032.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #134,418  
67 going to 83. Sunny. Feels good out there. Got a little shower this morning.

Kyle, was an adult copperhead, but I've seen bigger crossing the road down at the river. Great project working with your daughter. Glad you're working with a dermatologist for her skin...it is tough enough as a teenager. Get your appointment made, too. Coco not doing too well.

Ron, I think that's a click beetle...I forget the actual name.

Thomas, sounds like you need a trail cam to watch over your other trail cam. 😁 I've only lost one to a bear, but it got it good.

Don, how are those potatoes tasting?

Did my hospital pre-op registration yesterday...other than the long drive, it was actually fun, because the RN was such a hoot. I had done most of the paperwork online Sunday, so we had time to shoot the breeze. They gave me the same exact anti-bacterial body wash to use the night before and the morning of surgery that I had to use on Coco for her skin infections. I don't think we'll take a bath together, though. I've made a list of things I need to do each day before Friday, after which I'll only be approved for using the TV remote control. A mountain hike is high on the list, but means I've got to get many things done today.

I'm teaching my wife the zero turn today. I mowed everything yesterday except the middle of the Coco field, where it is mostly flat, and no obstacles. 1st session will be without turning on the PTO.

I need to enlarge the hole in an aluminum fan shaft hole today so it will fit over the slightly larger motor shaft. Should I use a Dremel, a round file if I can find one that fits, or a drill, of some other way. Also gotta figure a way to clamp it without bending it. Then rewire the connectors.
Watch out for snakes! My friend got baby copperhead bit picking green beans. Still had to go to ER, then a bigger hospital.

Sorry to hear about Coco.

pick some good movies to watch Post Op.

You want a tight fit for your fan/shaft fitment, A set screw will do wonders on a shaft with a flat. Optimum tool would be a correct sized reamer. Short of that, you can take a 6" long piece of 1/8" brass brazing rod, and cut a thin slit in one end for about 1/2". Then cut a piece of 1/2" wide x 6" long emery cloth or sandpaper and slip it into the slit, and roll it in the correct direction. Put the thing in a dremel, or air tool. A fast drill will work too. Holding the rolled up sandpaper, place it in the hole you want to size up, and spin it. If you can spin it dremel fast, it will have a centering action. Just move it in and out while spinning. Some machinists call it a "whip stick".

Wifey learning the zero turn, maybe more couch time in the future? I took the daughter for another practice driving the Yaris with manual stick shift. Still just 1st gear initial start. She did much better today than Saturday.

/ Good morning!!!! #134,419  
Tried to talk the neighbor into haying my place. He doesn't want to do it, because of too many trees. I have a lot of post oaks. Maybe I need to dangle some green in his face.

/ Good morning!!!! #134,420  
Good evening all. 71F for the start, clear sky, light breeze. Light win day, sky stayed clear, and high temp was 94F. HI 99F, and dew point 65F. Bike ride this morning, wind penalty was 0 :). Trip to town to get truck inspected, meds, haircut, and groceries. No mask mandate at haircut place anymore, and store as well. Wife made shrimp Newburg, with shrimp neighbor had brought us, tasty. Found out a friend from STL lost his wife, and another STL friend lost his youngest son.
Covid update: Cooke 3235 confirmed cases, 5 active cases, Montague 1780 confirmed cases, 1 active cases, Grayson, 11374 confirmed cases, 13 active cases, local not updated.
RS lot of grass build up, how many hours on Cub?
Kyle good update, sorry about daughter's complexion. Hope nothing serious on beast pto. Thanks for your prayers as well.
Paul hope you had a safe trip
Ron interesting pic, my money on beetle
Billy I like drill if you have on the correct size. Clamping important when drill reaming. hope Coco gets better
RNG hope you get a good answer on how to put flex in your piping to tank. Looks like a long trench to rum
RS wonder what Chapin is sending you?
PJ fun time picking the blueberrys.
Randy glad you got some rain
Dennis sorry you have to change Dr because of his office. Neat pic
Ken neat pics any idea why house being raised?
David hope Sophie's visit went well and good news
Eric good to hear from you, thanks for pics
Thomas glad you got the rain sorry about the soaking
Mo as long as deer does not eat Mrs. flowers :)
Rich glad you are not in customer's sights yet, great story on Oscar, glad ibuprofen is helping
Mo nice pic
RS gotta love another wrong part.
Dennis thanks for link, have not worked out how to use with hat with brim all the way around.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter and car crash,Bird/aging issues, Billy/skin cancer surgery, David(moss)/remodel/divorce, Buppies cancer surgery, Phil/reflux/wife's eyes,Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Dennis/older brother/son, Grev/wife's eye, Randy/recovery, Bill/DIL home care, Ted/knee recovery, Doug and wife/health issues/nerve and pain/ wife's eyes, Ken/uncle, Drew/tendon healing, David(sadamo)/Sophie's eye surgery,RNG/fire season, and Country.
stay safe and healthy you all.