Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #134,661  
2021-06-22, 0251

66 right now and the high today will only be in the upper 60's...hopefully, some rain too

Wifey and stepdaughter made it to southern NJ before stopping. Reckon they'll be in Norfolk by noon today

BTW, that customer audit is today, not yesterday as I'd originally reported

/ Good morning!!!! #134,662  
Drinking first cup of hot coffee. 39° with clear skies this morning. Heading to 65° with mostly sunny skies. Did conserve energy yesterday. I will have to get some winter clothes out or stay inside today. No real plans today.
Turtle was in middle of my lawn. Why I do not know. It's 1/4 mile to nearest water.
OChKpW1h.jpg

Everyone stay healthy and safe.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #134,663  
Good morning! 55 now, may make it to 67 today. No storms locally yesterday, some heavy rain though. Looked threatening last evening, just got a light rain as we went to bed.

Yesterday was relatively calm. Nothing too exciting. Hopefully today is the same.

Everyone stay safe out there!

/ Good morning!!!! #134,664  
Good Morning
It’s 69 and overcast. Temp is going to stay the same all day with rain coming. Thunderstorms missed us yesterday/last night, we got just a trace of rain, less than 1/8”.

Another productive day in the shop yesterday, which is good, because I got two more orders. Won’t get much done today, have to go to the other end of PA, near the Ohio border and sit for 5 hours.

I managed to break my last 1/4” carbide up spiral router bit yesterday, went to the local family owned hardware store, they didn’t have one, called the next closest one, no joy there either. Home Depot had 3 in stock. I prefer to support the “little guy”, but they are their own worst enemy.

/ Good morning!!!! #134,665  
Ken, was that Jeff Kline’s music store? Sure sounds like it. He’s a great musician as well.
And before Jeff Kline was his parent's store, just named Klines, on Bridge Street in Lambertville.
As a kid, big shopping centers were still coming in and you needed a local toy store, and Kline's was it.
Glued together a lot of Aurora plastic models that came from Klines. What a fun place to walk around
I never knew the son.

Klines was always jam packed with inventory, narrow aisles, lots of glass cases with all those little metal cars in them.
And stacks and stacks of Lionel trains. Best use of a 4x8 piece of plywood was to hold your train layout.
Reminds me of another old Lambertville store, Finkles, a plumbing store which is still run by the next gen. Another crowded aisle place, 1/16th inch layer of dust
over everything. I haven't been in there in years, probably cleaner now with daughter running the place.

I'm off to Kohls to return an Amazon headphone, those Sony ones I mentioned earlier. I bought it two days before Prime Day and price dropped over 40 percent.
So they won't pay for me to send it back since I honestly checked the block saying better price elsewhere, I can't use local UPS but instead Kohl's dropoff is free.
Just a bit of a drive.
Replacement headphone ordered at much lower price. I want one to keep in the car and one for the lawn mower. Plus always wanted to see if spending more on Sony
noise reduction was worth it. The Cowin a few of us have works pretty well and I think is a bargain for the price.

little dark green hummingbird with a red head just came for a long visit. Rain is coming in a few hours and the temps not going up much at all today. Cooler weather from
the North is settling in for a few days and .10 rain last night as front went through.

/ Good morning!!!! #134,666  
Good Morning!!!! 69F @ 5:15AM. Sunny. High 94F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.

Is that a snapper cutting the grass for you, Ron?

Should we start a pool for the mystery vegetable, Don?

Access wasn't the greatest getting at the high spots in the trench yesterday, and with nothing to push against, the bucket pushed more dirt than it collected. Shoveling rocks and dirt is good exercise, but in 90F temps, I can think of better ways to get a workout. More hand shoveling on the agenda today, but I'll get a start first thing when it's cooler.

Got a good start on sourcing the piping, but still working on quotes for both PVC and HDPE. Left message for a trucker to haul some sand for backfilling the trench, but no return call. Everyone's busy.

Neighbor called asking for help controlling mud dauber wasps. Wanted to use Fipronil, but they eat sugar water, and too much chance of poisoning bees using that for bait. Sent him an article that suggested blasting the nests with water to remove them, then caulking the cracks and openings they like. Peppermint and vinegar were also recommended as repellents. Any other suggestions I could pass along?

Snuck in a short nap; felt really good...

/ Good morning!!!! #134,667  
Good morning! Yea! Rain last night, 1.03" Tempest, 1.68" COCORAHS. Unlike Popgadget my Tempest mostly under reports the rain. Cloudy 70˚F. Grass grew last night but I'll let it go another day to get the full growing spurt from the rain.

Still waiting to see if the line of showers last night extended to Liberty Hill where the Park is located. I'm sure they will cancel if it's too muddy.

Cards H&F last night was another bust only winning 2 of 5 games, my #2 ranking will suffer. Had fun, the games were really intense. Friday we have our first Tournament since the covid. The rules of no talking and 23 minutes per hand to "go out" or everyone at the table looses will be enforced. They really get strict when prize money is awarded.

Whipper finished all her meds and has been normal for the past 3 days. I hope she is over this bout of sickness, she seems happier and is smiling more.

/ Good morning!!!! #134,668  
Morning all, cloudy, warm, rainy.
Foot is healing well. Nail is a gonner, but I've had worse.
Got shroud for flail PTO drive yesterday as Betstco promised. installed.

Paul, that is Jeff's store. He has an amazing collection of art and posters too.

Roy, good luck on audit.

RNG - blasting mud daubers with water worked well for me last year, very few nests this year.

Stay safe and be well

Uncle goes in a few weeks for hip replacement to fix botched hip plate ,

baby snappers from last year:
snapr_2 20200911_152049.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #134,670  
50°F and clear skies this morning, going up to 82° today. Seemed weird to have the heat on in the car this morning when it was 102° just a couple days ago.

Chickens have been laying fewer eggs in the recent heat, averaging about 4 per day. Suddenly got nine yesterday.

We try to use "little guys" around here, too, Paul. We have a small hardware store in town that we always check first. It's much nicer to find what you need only four miles away, before driving 15 miles to Menard's or 20 miles to a Lowe's or HD. We have a Rural King about 8 miles away, but they're pretty hit-or-miss with hardware stuff.