Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #134,861  
RIP Coco

/ Good morning!!!! #134,862  
Looks like wifey and stepdaughter might be a day late
Wifey wants to visit a friend or two in PA. The detour to Harper's Ferry really screwed the schedule, but sh*t does happen. I told 'em to do the visiting, stay the night and drive home tomorrow.
I'm pretty much paying for the trip, and good chance wifey will never get to PA again...so, enjoy it now!!

Dump run is done...barbershop too full. I've pulled quite a few weeds and, it's time for a break, I'd say...

Light rain now...

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #134,863  
Good Morning!!!! 72F @ 7:15AM. Sunny. Very hot. High 107F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.
Excessive Heat Warning still in effect. Yesterday's high was "only" 94F, pleasant enough in the shade of the patio cover to enjoy a margarita and listen to a little music before dinner. I have fans blowing the cool morning air into both ends of the house, but will be closing all the doors and pulling the shades in an hour or so to keep the heat out. So far the solar panels are keeping up with the A/C pretty well, on a daily basis pushing more power to the grid than I'm pulling from it. I'm still confused about the Time Of Use billing the power company uses, though. The bill lists pages and pages of power increments I'm being charged for, but doesn't seem to show any power going from the solar panels into the grid. The annual True Up is next month, so maybe I'll get a clue then.

Glad you're still with us, Ted, hope the knee is dong better.

I made sure the last round of UPSs I bought all used 12V batteries, Kyle, so I could replace them with deep cycle marine batteries when they give up the ghost.

And speaking of batteries, that reminds me that I need to get the one out of the attic that was a backup for the old alarm system, and take the wall wart for it down, too. No sense wasting energy.

I found a couple of local vendors that sell poly pipe, but neither of them had enough in stock. Still have a couple more places to check on Monday. HD sells the pipe, too, but not the fittings. I want to get everything from one source to be sure it'll all work together.

I found a National Hose adapter online, and diagrammed something of a dry hydrant from 2" galvanized pipe. I'm hoping the same place that sells the poly pipe also sells the galvanized pipe, as HD only has 2" in black iron. Or maybe I should just use PVC, just not sure it would be strong enough or be able to resist UV well enough.

Not sure what I'll get into today. Just take it as it comes, I think.

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend...

/ Good morning!!!! #134,864  
RNG, at the bottom of your pipe run, you will need to block it with a bulkhead or something, that locks it in place. Some put an elbow 90 and put it up against a buried bulkhead.

Billy, still sad for you. A side story......My buddy had a pair of mixed breed, rescued Golden/Labs, and his female passed about 3 months ago. He brought the male indoors. He gives the male shark cartilage pills, and feeds him canned salmon along with some other dry food. Also has to give him something for arthritis. It won't be a long time until he too, passes. My buddy just went and picked out 2 puppy Goldens from a litter on Wednesday. He should get them in a few weeks.

We are packing up for a short 1.5 hour trip to San Marcos/New Braunfels area. Hope to get wet in the clear 72F, spring water that bubbles up from the ground in those towns. The water is so clear and clean. Filtered by mother nature. You feel clean when you get out, and no sand either, which is a huge plus. (Im not a huge fan of the beach unless I have fishing rod in my hand).

16yo daughter gets left behind today, because she has to work. :( My other 2 kids are chomping at the bit. Son and I scrubbed off his inflatable kayak and tied it to the top of the SUV.

We are supposed to hook up with my best childhood friend and his wife, as they are travelling there too. We were friends from about 5th grade through 10th grade, until his dad took a higher paying job and they moved to Corpus Christi.

Need to finish packing....

Prayers for our team, Bupps, BEF, Billy, L4n's DIL, Stepps' son, Mostly's wifey, Ted's knee, Jay and Peg, Farmer's family, Drew, Ken to stay out of doghouse, our country is in desperate need of prayer.

Drew, I'd drop by for a muffin if I lived nearby. Orange Cranberry sounds delicious.

Hope you all have a great day.

/ Good morning!!!! #134,865  
68°F and .03 inches rain

Did get some mowing in yesterday, what I call the Hilo near area. A good day today would get Hilo middle and Hilo far done.

Trip to Costco a bit expensive, resulting in new Sony TV to replace the 8 yo LG that is being problematic.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #134,866  
extra cranberries added plus extra orange peel zest
emphasis on taste not sweetness.
Rest of them are going to my brother's niece and nephew later this afternoon.
More of Uncle Drew's magic muffins.

little sprinkle earlier, getting warm and sticky out.
Landlady brought a house guest and they loved the muffins, beets and pattipan squash I sent them home with.
Mission accomplished.

Attachments

• IMG_0141 (1).JPG
    IMG_0141 (1).JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 49
   / Good morning!!!! #134,867  
Trip to Costco a bit expensive, resulting in new Sony TV to replace the 6 yo LG that is being problematic.
There's a reason Costco puts all those giant TVs right up front where you can't miss walking by them as you enter the store... :oops: ;)

/ Good morning!!!! #134,868  
80F and partly cloudy, HI = 83F ... heading up to a high of 87F.

Yesterday was largely an energy conservation day ... after pulling an all-nighter ... :rolleyes:

Did manage to get the fish fed and most of the grass here around the house cut though. Have to finish that up here in a few.

Hopper feeder most assuredly needs refilled at this point, perhaps sunflower tube feeders as well.

Neighbor called this morning, had a load of gravel delivered and wasn't feeling up to moving it from where they dumped it in his driveway with a shovel and wheelbarrow to around back and asked if I could give him a hand with the Kubota. We made pretty quick work of it.

Beyond the above, have more spraying to do and although it doesn't really look like it, the rain chances are very low ... so probably a good day to go ahead and knock that out.

Have to inspect what devastation the deer wreaked on the garden last night. Noticed yesterday while I was mowing yesterday that they started in on the other tomato plant and nipped off the top of the cauliflower ... :mad:

Time to deploy the Irish Spring and the cayenne pepper juice ... if that doesn't handle it, I might grab the fencer and a ground rod from up in the shop and string a little wire. It all needs watered as well.

Also need to retrieve the water buffalo from up by the shop and bring it down to refill.

May see if I can get the rest of the hosta up by the shop dug out as well.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable, productive, and safe day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #134,869  
There's a reason Costco puts all those giant TVs right up front where you can't miss walking by them as you enter the store... :oops: ;)
yup, 8K running special demo tapes and the picture is astonishing.
David, if you now have 4k capability, try youtube and search 4k.
My favorites are the airflight videos coming into some exotic city like Hong Kong at night.
Or the astronomy pictures.
Hmmm, David is on satellite on top of a mountain in the middle of the ocean.
Maybe he isn't going to get 4k...
Maybe that will take 5G and?

/ Good morning!!!! #134,870  
RNG, at the bottom of your pipe run, you will need to block it with a bulkhead or something, that locks it in place. Some put an elbow 90 and put it up against a buried bulkhead.
Thanks for the tip! The downhill leg makes a 90° bend at the bottom where it goes over to the pump house. I'll use pieces of rock or brick to make sure the pipes and conduit are lodged firmly against the downhill side of the trench there.