Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #135,041  
Hello everyone. Been busy trying to get things done around here. Not real big projects, but numerous in quantity.

Our massive heat wave and drought seems to have broken for at least the week. Rain here has been sparse, so far only 2/10ths in the gauge. We were watching the flooding going on in the SE part of the state .... they got over 6" of rain over 3 days.

The knee has been 'status quo'. Still swells to the point of causing limited movement. Pain / irritation keeps me up at night. I haven't done PT for about 3 weeks now, but, the knee has slowly felt better since not going to PT.

Stopping PT was not my idea.... the insurance adjuster stopped the sessions. The report written by the therapist was a summary of the initial consult with us, when we explained all the injuries and surgeries occurring over the last few years. The way she worded it caused the adjuster to believe these injuries happened AFTER the most recent surgery. Now the insurance is freaking out and won't approve any additional treatment until I am evaluated by my ortho surgeon. GEEZ...... I told them all the things she had reviewed were all documented previously.... they won't believe me even though I have all the supporting documentation......

I am scheduled to see the orto doc on Thursday. Hopefully he will get it all straightened out.

Randy, sorry to hear about another loss of a fuzzy family member. Always a sad time.

I / we have been dealing with our own fuzzy butt issues. My little girl Kassie developed an abscess on her cheek about 3 weeks ago. The Vet suspected a possible spider bite, with subsequent infection and fever. She gave us some antibiotics for her and cleaned up the wound area. She seemed to be doing better, then stopped eating and would occasionally vomit. Back to the Vet.... more meds for the vomiting and some fluid injections for dehydration. Again, seemed to be doing better, almost back to her normal self a couple days ago. Today she stopped eating, stayed in her bed all day, and is sleeping almost all day. She is 14 1/2 years old.... I think this might be too much for her to get over....

I have been following you guys, but just not partaking in conversation..... a few other things going on, just trying to keep my sanity....

I'll try harder not to be a stranger.....

Hope everyone has a great rest of the week.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,042  
Looks like USPS lost another Amazon package.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,043  
Good evening all. 72F for the start, light rain, .8 inch in rain gauge, near calm breeze. Sky cleared off, rain did not redevelop, light wind, and high temp was 87F, HI 94F DP 70F. Started off puttering in office, got tube patched, 3 holes with 1 patch :) Bike ride, saw another rider out and we rode together. Nap time accomplished.
Covid update: Cooke 3245 confirmed cases, 8 active cases, Montague 1790 confirmed cases, 9 active cases, Grayson, 11374 confirmed cases, 13 active cases.
Doug the rest of the question why lock everyone down. In the US spread happened even when there was strict lockdown.
Roy the humidity bothers me more than the heat.
Drew Good to hear shot helped, sorry about the high HI. Good luck with pots and mulch.
Ron Hope you get mowing in before it becomes baling time. Pretty sunrise. Good luck with nap time vs conserve energy.
Buppies sorry about hand in door, good to hear good report on mole.
Eric or 5/16-24 UNF thread.
Dennis sorry about your sprayer
Paul hope trip was safe.
Randy I do not recognize the airport names :(
RNG glad you got the carport frame gone. Good news on the tank water pipe run.
Don sorry about your H&F problem, hope ranking not hurt too much. Have not found a helpful hardware store here, Had a great one 5 miles from house in STL :(
Drew hope the pool is cooler than 87F.
Ken nice pic
Ron smart move to delay mowing.
RNG sorry to hear about you fire.
RNG hope tarp works for you.
Randy condolences on you kitty Missy.
Thomas too big for 1 stick?
RS sorry about escapee, glad you are getting rain hope you miss the severe stuff.
Drew that is very warm water.
Kyle sis moved in from Ca to Austin, the cold snap did not scare them away. None of us like to brag about our faults :)
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter and car crash,Bird/aging issues, Billy/skin cancer surgery, David(moss)/remodel/divorce, Buppies cancer surgery/ diarrhea, Phil/reflux/wife's eyes,Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Dennis/older brother/son, Grev/wife's eye, Randy/recovery, Bill/DIL home care, Ted/knee recovery, Doug and wife/health issues/nerve and pain/ wife's eyes, Ken/uncle, Drew/tendon healing, David(sadamo)/Sophie's eye surgery,RNG/fire season, and Country.
stay safe and healthy you all.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,044  
Sorry for loss of your furry friend, Randy

/ Good morning!!!! #135,045  
Did get another area mowed this morning, but rained out rest of the day, still raining. By the time I get this round finished it will be time to start again.
At last dump run went as expected.

Would like to find one of those mini chainsaws in a Ryobi variety to avoid another battery system.

This one is a bit larger

Looks like I can buy a 2 battery special and get saw for free. May be worth a look.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #135,046  
Gonna be a long day today. Younger daughter fell recently, and of all things, broke some bones in her foot. I'll get her to the hospital by 5:30 a.m. today, Covid test first, then 6:30 prep for surgery and 7:30 a.m. surgery on that foot. She expects/hopes to go home without spending a night or more in the hospital. At least the forecast rain for today is down to 20% and only in the middle of the day, when I expect to be staying inside at the hospital.:) Glad I'm accustomed to getting up early.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,047  
2021-06-30, 0335

75° right now...high in low 80's today (next few days will be in the mid-70's). Probable thunderstorms and rain...

After reading the posts about mini-chainsaws, thought I'd give a look...ordered this one:
From Amazon. Should be here in a week.. Won't get a lot of use, but for trimming low branches up to a few inches in diameter...should be OK.
Like a couple other posters, I wish DeWalt or EGO made something like this...just to keep the number of chargers down

/ Good morning!!!! #135,048  
good morning all
still 77 out now, up to 97 today, a real swelterer.

feeling pretty good this morning, off to PT early.
Then home to assemble new Makita shrub clipper and hope to prune a few bushes.
As hot as it will be today, rain coming in for next few days and I'd like to get this done.

It was really nice to float in my friend's pool yesterday. Helped to move my shoulder around in the water,
basically very gentle resistance therapy. I looked up his address on Google Earth and found that half the homes on his block have
pools, though friend said his went in first. Lot of work to maintain, particularly with a lot of privacy landscaping around the pool.

due to inability in getting my new Ridgeline in, still no word at all, looking at Volvo's large SUV tomorrow with a friend. Have a good deal where another
friend's son has a truck and closed trailer, I can call him up any time I need a pickup, so as much as I want a truck, maybe I can make do with a larger suv.
My size audi is too small for me and I need a bigger door opening to get in without gyrations to my fused neck. I basically need a Tahoe sized door but don't want
overall vehicle that size. This is just not a good time to be buying cars, everything being sold at top profit. But a good excuse to meet a child hood friend for lunch
and then we go look at cars together. He's 6'3" and a perfect "size" guy to bring along.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,049  
Coffee is done brewing. 71° with partly cloudy skies this morning. Heading to 81° with chance of thunderstorms in afternoon. Doing things outside was to much yesterday. Spent most of the day inside. Will work on table and chairs today. If it drys out enough will mow grass.
yk84mjY.jpg

Bird, prayers for your daughters surgery and recovery.

LS, good to hear from you. Hope Dr visit gets you back on track to healing and PT.

Randy, sorry for loss of your fur baby Missy.

Eric, I still can tell thread sizes just by looking at them. Until someone throws a metric one into the mix.

Mostly, was getting my bike out to ride couple days ago. Found it had 2 flat tires. Still not fixed.

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #135,050  
Randy, codolences on the passing of Missy.