Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #135,771  
Good morning! 69 now, 75 later with possibility of more ran. Which we don’t need. Ground is saturated, we are under a flood warning. Fortunately, we live on a hill.

Had a heavy rain on the way home last night. Barn was flooded from run off, driveway is a mess. Power was out for a couple of hours. Fired up the larger of the 2 generators so we could use the microwave. Have not been paying attention to it like I should, started on the first pull (y). That made me happy.

Ground is likely too wet to mow, garden is too wet to get rid of weeds. So gonna work on the trailer today. Have to raise it up to install wheel chocks.

Take care Roy.

Been a crazy week at work. Have 1 guy off after a serious SXS accident, people traveling, and had a new person start this week. I am “supposed” to train him, but I was the only one answering calls most of the week again. Thursday was the worst day. So little to no training occurred 🤦‍♂️

better get moving.

Everyone stay safe out there

/ Good morning!!!! #135,772  
Yes - it truly is. For a change, it's 55F and no smoke. Projected to top out at 81F today. I hope this will help those fighting the fires.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,773  
2021-07-17, 0508 (and a bit later due to editing)

64 right now...high about 70° and a rainy day...

Dump run is about it today....no other chores planned or expected. Probably a beer and movie day today. Considering the rainy forecast over the next several days, doubt there will be any outdoors's work.

Rough week...apparently I have COPD and breathing was rather difficult this week. In fact, I've been in the hospital (2 days in Gifford (Randolph VT) and 2½ days in Dartmouth-Hitchcock (Lebanon NH) almost the entire week.
You can look up the symptoms, if you wish...

While I was in the hospital, my neighbor pulled the Deere zero-turn in to the garage. I have 4 neighbors on this cul-de-sac...3 of the 4 (including me) own Deere ZTRs. I also asked him to move the 4052, but wifey wanted the tractor left exactly where it was....easier to keep an eye on it. After the dump run, I'll move it.

Paid a number of bills last night...one or two were overdue (very unusual for me), but no late charges. Since I had no access to a computer (other than the work laptop), I had no way to pay the bills or access to the required passwords

Roy, sorry you’ve been sick, I hope you feel better.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,774  
85 already at 8:45. Our thunderstorms are supposed hit between 8-9 PM, so another hot humid day in store.
The yard sale is going strong, it was scheduled to start at 7, people were here at 6. The more they get rid of the less I have to take to the shelters. They have six 8’ tables and three 6’ tables full, as well as four tarps and a bunch of stuff sitting on the ground. My contribution was hauling stuff to the front yard on the trailers last night, and cooking breakfast this morning. They all seem happy as clams, and since they’re leaving me out of it, so am I.
Cruise in later today, it’s going to be hot.

Have a good day.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,775  
Good Morning!!!! 70F @ 5:30AM. Abundant sunshine. High 102F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
A Fire Weather Watch starts tomorrow afternoon for dry lightning. Highest likelihood is over the Dixie Fire. As if the fire fighters don't have enough on their plate already. There was another new start in Alpine County east and south of here at the little town of Markleeville. There's a state run hotspring and campground there I've been to many times, and I hope they were able to protect it. It along with the town were evacuated yesterday, and the size is over 5000 acres already.

I don't know where the monitoring station is that Weather Underground is using for the hourly forecasts for my location, but it's not close by. WU is showing winds out of the ESE, the Davis is showing them out of the NE, same as the fire map. They've been out of the northeast since about 10PM last night. That's why the air is full of smoke, enough to rate a "Hazardous for healthy people" rating from the EPA. They'll swing around and come out of the south around 10 this morning, when things start warming up, and the air will clear up. The canyon makes its own weather. I hope the new fire incident management team understands that; they just took over calling the shots of the Dixie Fire yesterday. Now we're gonna get a video briefing each evening. Last night they told us the fire gained another 1500 acres yesterday, bringing the total to 8754 acres; wonder what it'll be this morning. They've managed to stop the spread on the south and western perimeter, all the growth is to the north. That's lightly populated National Forest, so not many worries about losing more homes. But if the winds change and start coming hard out of the northeast, that fresh fuel will loop around and come back south into the communities of Forest Hill, Sterling City, Magalia, and then Paradise again. And I'm next after that.

When you say "shed" Doug, would that mean closing in where your vehicles are parked, making it into more of what we'd call a garage? Hope you can find a reliable contractor to help you.

Pressurized the water lines yesterday, and after giving the hose clamps another good tightening, they seem to be holding. The kink I thought would leak doesn't seem to be leaking, so that's a small blessing. I'll be filling the first six or so inches of the trench with sand, and even with that cover, I'm nervous about pushing all that rock back in. There's a small chance a bigger rock could still cause a puncture, but mostly my experience is that every time I throw rocks back into a trench, at some point in the future I end up digging them out again. So I'm thinking I should try to find some clean fill dirt and get it hauled in, and use that instead.

Found some info that said using CAT5 cable for telephone lines works just fine, and since the phone only needs two of the eight wires, I'll use two of those to open the gate. Power Over Ethernet uses all eight wires, so that means two CAT5 cables up to the cul-de-sac and gate so I can get video up there. Ordered that yesterday.

Was toying with the idea of catching up with the campers tonight, but I just don't trust this fire. Couldn't relax and enjoy myself if I'm worrying about the house, so I'm staying home. It's not like I don't have enough here to keep me busy, anyway.

Hope everyone enjoys a nice weekend!

/ Good morning!!!! #135,776  
had fun digging up some red potatoes, will leave the rest in for awhile.
Lots of tomatoes growing; I have pruned leaves off the bottom of the tomato plants
as suggested by youtube videos. Time to feed the tomato and not the foliage.

Attachments

• IMG_0193[2].JPG
    IMG_0193[2].JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0195[1].JPG
    IMG_0195[1].JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 52
  • tomatoes July 2021.jpg
    tomatoes July 2021.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 43
   / Good morning!!!! #135,777  
I think it's a thistle but every time I pull one out with my bare hands I feel like I grabbed on to a jellyfish.
Immediate stinging all over hand that still has some residual an hour later. Must be some kind of organic toxin in the plant
but I sure won't grab it barehanded again. Mother nature's defense works. However...I have gloves, if I remember to use them.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,778  
70F with a steady rain @ 10:00 that is approaching hard, high today is supposed to be 74F. Ten Day now showing next five days will have around 25% (or less) chance of rain ... (y)

Bug bite on inside of leg next to my knee, unusual ... itches like mad.

Got curl cylinder torn apart and new seals installed on the gland nut and piston.

Piston has been the freezer overnight with a hose clamp on it to compress the primary seal down so there are no issues installing it back in the cylinder tube. Seal gets pretty stretched out after dropping it in boiling hydraulic oil and jamming it over the piston into its slot.

Just have to install one o-ring and the piston on the rod and then the retaining nut with some Loctite Blue Threadlocker and once that sets up it can be reassembled. Need to remember to put some anti-seize on gland nut threads.

Rain is supposed to end by 15:00 ... so might even get it put back on the tractor yet today.

Major service is due on the Kubota in another 60 hours or so, I'll probably hold off on replacing the rest of the loader hoses until then.

In the meantime, hopper feeder is probably due to be filled again and I'm sure the bluebirds would appreciate some mealworms. Also fish need fed.

Woman sent me this picture yesterday morning ... apparently was hoping he/she was at the live breakfast bar:

IMG_1627 copy.jpg

Later when I went up to shop it was sitting on the roof. Flew over to the big maple and screamed at me for interrupting its hunting I guess:

IMG_1217 copy.jpg

Hope everyone has an enjoyable Saturday ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #135,779  
Roy,

Sorry to hear about the rough week.

COPD sucks.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,780  
69°F and .17 inches rain.

Have to go to Hilo this morning to pick up the tile I bought.

Will start taping and muddying drywall after I return. Not one of my favorite jobs and always goes slower than I like.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day