Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #135,841  
good morning all. Going to be a nice summer day with highs near 88.

family dinner last night went ok after initial very cold shoulder by SIL. She warmed up when I brought her
a bag of chocolate chip cookies I was given earlier that day, and trying to avoid sugar, thought regifting made sense.
And it did, she was pleased with her cookies and whatever chip she had on her shoulder seemed to slide off.
I found the dinner tiring and couldn't wait to get home. Where I didn't sleep well last night, think it's going to be a nap day.

off to PT, then foodshopping, and not sure what else to get into. Might try lifting up the new mower with the new mower lift and give it a thorough greasing.
Looks like I need to get one of those grease zerk couplers as the mower spindle zerks are hidden out of sight.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,842  
69 high of 88 today getting dry again again

Sorry about troubles at get together last night Drew

Roy hope you are feeling better copd nothing to play with

prayers for all

/ Good morning!!!! #135,843  
Morning all!
Glad your feeling better Roy!
Woke up to another rain storm. Flooded streets here all over the place. 63 going to 72. Weather guessers say we have already broke the record for most rain in the month of July and we are only half way thru.
Wife and I are doing good. Staying as active as we can between storms. No major health issues.
Nothing planned for jobs as it's just to wet and hot,humid out there.
35 years together this Wednesday! Time sure has flown by quick!
Hope everyone stays safe and healthy!

/ Good morning!!!! #135,844  
congrats Phil on the big anniversary!

we don't need any more rain here either...wish we could send some out West.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,845  
69 and cloudy, headed to 86. Feels good.

RS, nice looking squash/zukes/peppers. We've started harvesting them, too...gave a box full to my son and DIL to take home since so many seem to come at once. We talked yesterday about how the garden seems to be having its best year in memory.

Caught a mouse in my truck Saturday night...none caught last night. Still can't figure how it got in, but doing a thorough cleaning and investigation today. Was gonna do it yesterday, but decided the best approach was to do my wife's SUV first...she had commented the other day how dirty it had gotten.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,846  
Good Morning!!!! 78F @ 4:00AM. Sun and clouds mixed. High 102F. Winds SSE at 10 to 15 mph.
Windy today, then calming through the week, but highs stay in the low hundreds. Siesta weather. The threatened dry lightning never materialized, but the threat is still on for today.

The small water line pressure was down again yesterday morning, so I walked it again, tightening hose clamps as I went. Hopefully have better news this morning.

Mounted the sprayer on the side-by-side yesterday morning and spotted weeds for an hour or so. Pump had trouble keeping prime on the steep hillsides, what else is new? Much less yellow star thistle than in past years. Seems that by pushing over the tall grass instead of cutting it, the thistle doesn't get any light and doesn't sprout. Most of what I did find was growing out of bare dirt.

Put together a circuit with the water level sensor, relay, 24VAC transformer, and 600 feet of wire to make sure it would work. Very happy that the relay triggered, no problem. Not very happy to get a notice from a wire supplier that the Ethernet cable I ordered is on backorder. Found a new supplier, but they have slower shipping. Hmph!

Very bad news on the fire front, with it spotting across the eastern fire lines yesterday afternoon, and moving towards Bucks Lake, where I was supposed to be camping over the weekend. My friends left before evacuation orders were issued, but issued they were. And Highway 70 through the canyon is closed in that area. Biggest concern is that now the fire is free to come back south again on that side of the river. I counted seven air tankers working on the break out, but this morning's heat map shows the fire to be well established, having overtaken several miles of highway and advanced several miles more toward the lake.

Found a new feature on the video player yesterday. Click the icon and it plays a random movie from the collection. First it picked "Blow" starring Johnny Dep, then "The Blob" with a very young Steve McQueen. Corny movie, but then any Steve McQueen movie is worth watching, right?

Hope everyone gets started on the right foot for the new week!

/ Good morning!!!! #135,847  
Good morning
Its 68 with highs in the 80’s forecast, looks like it will be a decent day.

Yesterday went as planned, shop time followed by nice trip to the Vineyard.

For today, I’m already in Richmond, I’ll be here till between 2 and 3, so I won’t get much done by the time I get home. But it’s a quiet week after today.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,848  
Started looking into Ethernet extension/repeater hardware, and like most electronics these days, there is a wide range of performance and price, and a large number of manufacturers, to choose from. The run from the pump house to the cul-de-sac is about 1400', and Ethernet's maximum range is supposed to be only 100 meters. There's no line-of-site, so doing it with solar powered radios is out.
Have you looked into Point-to-Point or LoRA/LoRaWan? Either seem suited for your application.
Point to Point can be done with Pringle cans and USB dongles but requires LOS. LoRaWan seems to conquer the LOS problem but is extremely low throughput.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,849  
Glad you're able to go back to work Roy. Hope you get better.

Another trip around the sun for me today.

Happy early anniversary Phil.

Ron, I really loved the wild turkeys picture. It's a big success if the young ones reach maturity. Hope your son is doing well....and you too.

Billy, I've had mice get into vehicles. On a suburban, I believe they were getting in somewhere around the rear wheel. Little farts can squeeze/chew their way through about anywhere.

Doug, nice rides! and a new barn will be nice too. We have to get you on track to calling it a barn. hahaha A shed for us is a small storage unit, usually too small to park a car in. Make sure you pick the kit that handles the high wind loads. Here I believe the wind loads are rated at 90 or 110 miles per hour. The doors can also be a problem in the high winds.

Hope all of you have a blessed day. Prayers for Buppies, mostly's wifey, Billy to not overexert, Drew to get the right amount of Helga, Roy, our families, and our country.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,850  
2021-07-19, 0306

63° right now...looks like a spot of light rain now...
High in the mid-70's and probably some rain

Up a bit early this morning...woke up about 0200 or thereabouts. Be my first day back to work since the medical episode last week...we'll see how things go...

I’ve noticed your post times in the past. You are indeed an early bird person.

Do you not need much sleep or do you go to bed early? I’ve known 2 friends over the years who needed little sleep - like 5 hours a day. They went to bed around midnight and woke at 5am.

I like early morning. Barely light. Quiet. Peaceful. But, to enjoy early morning I need to get to sleep by 10!

MoKelly