Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #137,011  
89F and partly cloudy @ 18:00, HI 98F DP 75. Had some thunderstorms popping up just north of us earlier, nothing materialized here though.

Just finished mowing and picking up sticks and branches on the upper front, along with same for compost/wood lot. (Down here around the house will be due by tomorrow)

That was delayed a little, as neighbor came down and requested a hand removing a dead tree that had fallen across other neighbor's fence. Moved it with the Kubota, didn't even need to fire up the chainsaw ... (y)

Woman fixed Sloppy Joes after she got back home this afternoon. Restricted myself to one before I went back out to mow.

About to head down and out back to fill feeders.

Then probably grab a quick shower before dinner.

After that feed fish and maybe oil that shelf up in the cool of the basement ... assuming I can get an answer as to whether she wants the board left rough or sanded smooth.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,012  
Good Morning, well evening actually.
It’s 93 with a heat index of 103.
At least we don’t seem to have our afternoon thunderstorms rolling through today. Got an inch of rain yesterday.

Yesterday I did get my mowing all done, Grandson was able to keep me company in the tractor, I go solo on the Lazer.
Today started with my son borrowing some tools to rescue his fiancé that had a tire chuck a batch of tread on the PA turnpike. He went loaded for bear, and was able to just put the spare on and untangle the tread band fro the old tire.
Then I was off to meet with an engineer at the Quakertown airport to go over an upcoming project.
When I got home they were working on one of the adjacent fields to me. That field has been in corn and soybean rotation for as long as I can remember.
I never noticed what they planted or how they prepping the field, there is a significant hedgerow between us. But there was a different sound today, so I had to take a look. It was an M Series Kubota with a cab pulling a Progressive TD65 mower just like mine. It was interesting that the sound was really just the whirring of the mower blades, no real tractor noise.

Other than that I stayed inside, might venture out for ice cream with my wife though.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,013  
Watching the field of dreams game. Opening was cool with Kevin Costner then the players walking out of the corn field

/ Good morning!!!! #137,014  
distressing call from fuel oil company
last year's prepay was 1.79 per gallon
they quoted 2.69 for next year :oops:

97/109 outside

I am at 2.99 for fuel oil with 24x7 service, for now. It keeps going up, can;t wait to see what my new lock in rate will be.
Too hot here, may just do dog walks and not much else after work.

Well I had to top off my big tank and one of my small one's today big one got low enough that the boiler started acting up a bit and went so no hot water the other night, did good after a restart but when it starts that it's time to fill.
1096 gallons at $2.50 per, $2740.00 today tractor and house fuel.
I'll have to top of the big tank and fill my 300 gallon portable and check my winter blend tank in a couple of months :(

/ Good morning!!!! #137,015  
Major severe storm blowing through. Temp went from 95F to 70F in a few minutes.

Bad thing is the wind. Blowing very very hard.

Lots of branches down.

We are under severe storm warning until 7:30pm.

MoKelly

/ Good morning!!!! #137,016  
75°F, made to 77°. Another beautiful day in my section of Paradise.
Nice productive day. Another small field flailed.
IMG_2630.JPG

Helped wife with some of the interior mowing.
Sampling the pineapple
IMG_0622.JPG

Compliments of the VitaMix and some vodka.

On to dinner and a guys win at H&F

/ Good morning!!!! #137,017  
Had date night tonight. On the way home….another storm rolled thru. Saw a funnel cloud above the ridge on the way home. Did not appear to touch down.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,018  
Had date night tonight. On the way home….another storm rolled thru. Saw a funnel cloud above the ridge on the way home. Did not appear to touch down.

My sister east of you is getting big storm now.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,019  
78F and a rain shower (just south of us ?), heading down to a low of 71F for the overnight. Severe Thunderstorm Warning issued for Tuscarawas County ... so Rich is likely getting lit up.

Fed fish, filled hopper and two sunflower tube feeders. Also two suet feeders.

Fixed a couple more Sloppy Joes for dinner.

Mixed up two gallons of repellent for the groundhogs and dosed another few entrance holes.

Took the Stihl blower and Cub up to the compost pile and blew the grass off. Deer were on top of the compost pile when I drove up. Too fast for me to get a picture.

Later when I took the Kubota up to move a couple of logs and dig some black locust posts out of the pile they were grazing out front:

IMG_1259 copy.jpg

I think they the ones that have been digging up the yard as I haven't seen any skunks lately. Probably after the lawn grubs. Need to get that milky spore ordered.

Brought the Blood Meal and Australian Timber Oil into the house when I came back down. Cedar board will be left as is (rough sawn, no sanding)

Filled two shakers (old Parmesan cheese containers) with Blood Meal, mixed up another three gallons of varmint repellent.

Need to go pull the pre filter on the Cub and wash it out.

Hope everyone had a great day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #137,020  
rswyan said, "Had Woman's ham and bean soup and cornbread for dinner again tonight. The ham hock was from the neighbor's pigs, very tasty."

Perhaps a slight coincidence. I washed a pound of Cranberry Beans last night and left them soaking in a big bowl of water. So early this morning, I rinsed them once more, put them in the crock pot, along with one ham steak that I cubed last night, and one medium chopped onion, a little salt & pepper, and I'll make a few cornbread muffins later today for our dinner tonight.

I haven't had any ham hocks in many, many years. My mother always liked them, and I did, too, but my wife wouldn't want anything to do with them.

Bird,

This post of yours spawned a good bit of conversation here this morning ... as neither one of us had heard of those type of beans ... or at least heard them referred to by that name.

But looking them up it seems like I might have seen them before. Or I could be just confusing them with pintos, which look kind of similar.

At any rate, The Woman likes pintos and I do as well, so we'll keep an eye out for the Cranberry beans at the store and give them a try ... (y)

The Woman complained about the ham hock being so large (just the two of us and we don't really eat all that much), as she usually gets something about half the size when she picks one up.

Personally, it didn't seem all that big to me, given how big the bone was ... but what do I know ?

At any rate, it was tasty.

Hope yours was as well.

;)