Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #137,841  
Good Morning!!!! 69F @ 6:15AM. Sunny. High around 95F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
The temperature got to 101F yesterday afternoon, but it didn't feel that warm as long as I stayed in the shade. Slight cooling trend for the next few days will be nice before going back to more 100s for the weekend.

Looks like your green thumb is in fine shape with those peppers, Drew.

That's some heavy work, Ken. Will you be making any lumber with all that ash?

With all the rebuilding that's going on out here, there is so much money chasing after tradesmen, prices are ridiculous. Good luck with the roofing quotes, Billy. Does your metal roof make a lot of noise in the rain, Kyle?

Worked on switching laptops some more yesterday, not quite getting where I'd like to be. I did get an old laptop from 2011 up and running, and even with an old style spinning disc, I'm not noticing a lot of speed difference to the latest and greatest. And the keyboard is a lot nicer in the old machine. The one going in for repairs is also eligible for a new keyboard, so maybe there will be some improvement.

Spent the rest of the day making a frame for the screen on the grizzly, and getting the screen trimmed to size. I started cleaning the metal on the screen in preparation for welding, but I'm thinking bolting it on would be a better idea so that the screen can be replaced easily if it becomes worn or damaged. That might take more bolts than the junk drawer contains, though.
grizzlyScreen.jpg

A box showed up from Amazon with a pair of dimmable LEDs for the outside of the house, so I'll see what's involved in getting those installed. At "only" 16,000 lumens, they're not quite as bright as the ones you put up, Paul, but there will be at least two on that side of the house so I think they'll be fine. I just hope I can find enough room in the wall box for the little box built onto the power cord.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #137,842  
wngsprd said, "Met with another roofer. Looking at GAF and Atlas shingles...anyone had any recent experience with either?"

About 10 years ago, we had our roof partially replaced with GAF Timberline shingles because that was what was already on this house when we bought it. I think they were a little better than what I see on most of the houses in this neighborhood.

But then this year we had the entire roofing replaced and went with Owens Corning Oxford Driftwood shingles. Our roofing guy said he'd use whichever we wanted, but that he thought the GAF used to be the best but that Owens Corning was now the best.

Before deciding, I did a lot of reading and I called and talked to an Owens Corning employee about shingles, and I'll still admit to actually knowing very little, but so far I'm happy with what we have.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,843  
67°F and no rain

Scag performed well after switching out battery. The old one dated 1/18, geez nothing lasts.

Shower drain took longer, a bit more challenging, but results acceptable. Will get that cleaned up for grouting but in between have appointment for haircut this morning.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #137,844  
78F and mostly sunny @ 12:45, HI 82F, DP 63 ... heading up to a high of 81F. Supposed to cloud up later this afternoon with the possibility of showers from Ida, but only 40% chance. Looking at the radar though, it doesn't look like she's pushing northward very fast.

The cloudiness would actually be welcome, in order to get some stuff done in areas that are normally sunny.

Ten Day shows a 6 day period of low rain chances after today, temps are mild with highs in the upper 70's and overnight lows in the high 60's and upper 50's. Rain returns next Tuesday with decent chances Tuesday through Thursday.

Bird feeders need refilled, also need to check birdbath for clean out and refill.

Order at Menards is ready to pick up. Also need to change oil and filter in Cub but I'm short on the filter and the oil ... so a trip down Massillon way might be in the offing. Two birds, one stone and all that.

Beyond that, hard to say what we'll get into for the rest of the day ... target rich environment ... so there are many possibilities.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable, productive, and safe day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #137,846  
The tomatoes, cukes, and zucchini have been awesome this year at home. Beans and peppers have been a big disappointment.

Good to see someone has gotten some good home grown peppers

/ Good morning!!!! #137,847  
80F cloud here and there steady 5 mph breeze.

Yep another slow motion day...but not tomorrow.

Enjoy your evening all.
Sassy. (y)
Margeaux. (y) 👌

/ Good morning!!!! #137,848  
Cloudy most of the day, a few sprinkles so far. Got around 90, 78 now. Storm track had been moved fifty miles north so I’m not sure what to expect rain wise.
Got FIL’s grass mowed yesterday and took my Toro in for new spindles on the deck. I just can’t get down and do that stuff since I was sick two years ago, seriously compromised my leg strength and range of motion for all my limbs.
Getting ready for the OBX trip, mostly set I guess.
Got my house appraised, market must be hot, about $60k above what I’d figured.
Have a good evening.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,849  
Took 2 new, but different chipset usb to serial cables to church building to try them. First one didn’t work, no driver and didn’t come with one, no brand name to look up.
Put 2nd one on. It has cd with driver, but is same driver from the original non working cable. Still no response, rebooted switch and the interface said PO. Hummm, typed in S3 (command for port 3) and it switched. Put original cable back on. It works. Seems there is no prompt whatsoever, I had been hitting return and expecting a response. So it was working and I didn’t know it. Now to decide if it’s worth to return the one cable that had no driver.
No rain yet, few light sprinkles, not enough to wet the road.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,850  
Yesterday, I got the last speaker finished before I left, but still have to get it boxed up and shipped today when I get home. Shop is all ready for the new welder, which is coming today, so I’ll be busy when I get home, the speaker has to leave before I can setup the welder though.
Interested to hear how the welder performs after you try a few different types of welds. What is it's duty % rating?
With all the rebuilding that's going on out here, there is so much money chasing after tradesmen, prices are ridiculous. Good luck with the roofing quotes, Billy. Does your metal roof make a lot of noise in the rain, Kyle?
It does make more noise, but to a rain lover like me, it's music to my ears.

I got great news yesterday, my friend at work is off the ventilator. They are still giving him a little O2, but he's off. A long recuperation expected.

Was on my feet a lot at work today. I see David with his 2 "Dad" loving dogs, giving him support while he has a "laydown" job. :)

Prayers for our team, our country, and the families of the Marines KIA.