Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #137,891  
70°F and .01 inches rain.

Need to check my clean up from grouting. Ran out of daylight so I suspect there is some. Now that it’s painted probably should seriously consider tying in the electricity and hang some lights.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

Only grouted once, hated it. I think the instructions call for too little water, it was really thick and stiff. Never tried to grout again.

I got drywall to do, but can’t get myself motivated to do it either.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,892  
It’s beyond me why everything else is open and doing business as normal, but essential government offices still operate like this. I’m really surprised it’s happening in TX.

Not just Texas, here too. Yet no gov employee has been laid off. My DL expires 11/24. 3 weeks ago I was able to make appointment for Dec.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,893  
Hard rain now, up to 1.8”

2”, 5 min later.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #137,895  
David, not just supervision, looked like they were discussing quality of your workmanship - hope it passed !

Guess I should be glad they are too young to note my quality has fallen off.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,896  
Happy Anniversary PJ and wife. Sounds like an interesting place that you worked.

RNG, sorry your travel plans have to change...but the Oregon coast sounds nice.

After the roofing company guys left, decided to race against the forecasted incoming storm bands from Ida...started tilling the front 2 acre food plot...got about half done and was run in by a hard shower. Once it stopped, I went out in boots with a rake to work on one bad spot...got drenched...but I had forgotten how nice it feels to get rained on while working where I didn't need to care about protecting anything from the rain...at first it felt good since it was so hot and humid...Then the rain drops got much bigger and very cold...so walked back to the barn, and the sun came out in 5 minutes.

Decided to plant this section so the rain could wash in the crimson clover seeds...I was almost finished and my wife comes out and yells that we have a tornado warning over us...all of our phones are alerting. So I finish up and come in...by then the TV weather map showed it had moved north of us.

The most interesting thing during all of this is that near the door of the barn I walked up on a blacksnake that had its mouth down in a little puddle of water that had collected on the edge of a tarp...I watched its throat pulsate like when you drink from a straw...repeatedly while it sucked up water...was there 20 minutes later when I came back, still drinking. I'd never seen a snake drink before.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,897  
Only grouted once, hated it. I think the instructions call for too little water, it was really thick and stiff. Never tried to grout again.

I got drywall to do, but can’t get myself motivated to do it either.

I carefully measured the water to mix according to directions for the Polyblend, Nonsanded. No way. I added more water to get to a peanut butter consistency.

Grout clean up ranks right with drywall mudding in my book. I find both very frustrating. When we built the house I used my tile cutoffs and extra tile for baseboard. I mixed white thinset with sanded grout and set/grouted tile in one operation, one cleanup. 🤙

/ Good morning!!!! #137,898  
Happy Anniversary PJ. Sorry you don't enjoy the banjo, it's a fine instrument, difficult to play. I know many truly great players, including Bela Fleck. He was formally the BIL of a good friend. Met Sierra Hull (mandolin), and Michael Cleveland ( fiddle) at a festival in Guthrie, OK. also.
Love that music!

/ Good morning!!!! #137,899  
Happy Anniversary Mr and Mrs PJ and here’s to many more

/ Good morning!!!! #137,900  
Sounds like an interesting place that you worked.
It certainly was. St. Louis Music Electronics (SLME) was the manufacturing division of St. Louis Music, Inc. We made amplifiers, speaker cabinets, and PA equipment under the brands Ampeg, Crate, and Audio Centron (and Crate Pro Audio for a short while). The Ampeg brand was the big money maker and most recognized name. It's the big name in the bass amp world, though some consider it something of a dinosaur these days. I had the fortune to meet a great many musicians, famous and otherwise, either during factory visits, R&D consultations, or industry trade shows. Mostly rock guys, but some jazz and R&B as well. 99% of them are great people who just happen to be famous. There were a small handful who were the very picture of an arrogant rock star, but most were very down to earth. Interestingly enough, the most talented ones were generally the nicest ... as opposed to the ones who were, say, more famous for their on-stage makeup than their musical abilities.

I was only there for 10 years, but it was a very transformative period in my life, and gave me some cherished memories, and more than a few good friends. It's the one job I miss.