Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #138,341  
68 high of 93 today

Upcoming winter looks interesting polar vortex and all a lot of cold people coming up

/ Good morning!!!! #138,342  
Good Morning.
65 going to 95 and sunny in Wichita today.
Yesterday was about the same with a good wind to keep you from feeling as hot.

Yesterday was a day off, but we went in any way and spent almost 4 hours in the GFS room, which is a room with multiple stations set up with large touch screens arranged like the cockpit with simulation software driving them. It behaves like the actual plane, but the touch screens are clumsy compared to actual switches and buttons. But it drives home the logic and locations for all the systems. After that we went to lunch and a large pinball arcade were we had a great time.

Today will be back in the classroom.

/ Good morning!!!! #138,343  
67 headed to 93, but humidity has not fully returned.

Thomas, I would have enjoyed that tractor meet you attended.

RS, great job on the holes...at first I was wondering why you were planting oaks under a power line, but reread and learned they're for forsythias...nice choice. Some of our lilacs are blooming now...strange since they are spring time flowers...but we pruned some forsythia back earlier in the summer that were overgrowing on them during the spring.

BEF, sounds like you had a good weekend.

Took yesterday as an R&R day...energy conservation.

/ Good morning!!!! #138,344  
Good Morning!!!! 72F @ 4:30 AM. Abundant sunshine. High 97F. Winds light and variable.

Let's hope the third time's the charm, Drew. I need to wear ear muffs, safety glasses, and an N95 mask when using a table saw. And keep that push stick handy; no fingers near the blade.

Will you be able to fly the new plane home at the end of your classes, Paul?

Hard to imagine dealing with a polar vortex after all the heat we've taken this summer, Buppies. And already some of you guys are talking about snow blowers and blades. :oops:

I wouldn't get very far with that two foot auger in the rocky soil here, RS. I forget, do you have a backhoe to help with that large chunk of sandstone?

Looking forward to photos of the barn project, Doug.

canyonBottom1.jpg

My bodyshop neighbor and I had been talking about a hike down along the river at the bottom of the canyon, and yesterday turned out to be the day. The two of us, and his nephew and the nephew's girlfriend all piled into the side-by-side and got about half way down before we came to the k-rail barrier, then it was Shank's ponies from there on. On the first of many water crossings, the young lady lost a shoe in the deep mud we also had to cross, and I had to be quick to snag it as I was slowly sinking in myself. We'd all taken our shoes and socks off to get across the water, but once was enough because the rocky bottom was too tough on my tender feet.

canyonBottomNotch.jpg

Took quite a while to get up to the narrows, where the water deepened to the point where we'd be swimming to go any farther. Next time, and there will be a next time before the rains start, I'll wear a bathing suit and running shoes, and carry a waterproof bag for the phone and lunch. In a normal year there would be at least 75 feet of water here, and when the reservoir is full, over 200'.

canyonBottomFlowers.jpg

Lots of flowers and green growing things sprouting out of the mud along the way.

canyonBottomPanner.jpg

The nephew brought along his gold panning outfit, and found several specks of gold, but nothing large enough to keep. It was fun watching him work, and gave us time to enjoy the scenery and relax a bit. As the day warmed and stomachs started to miss lunch, we headed back, and though we'd only walked a mile down canyon, it had taken us four hours for the trip. What a whole different world down there, one that hasn't seen the light of day since the mid '60s when Oroville Dam was first filled.

After lunch and a nap, I changed the air filter on the tractor, then crawled along the trench bottom and cleaned out another 75' or so to bury today. Not sure what else I'll get into...

/ Good morning!!!! #138,345  
Morning all, grey today and warmer. Found a lot of yellow jackets in path of trench-powdered the area as I could not find the entrance last night.
I work at 3WTC now, and worked at the now gone 7WTC for years-this is always a rough time for me.

Got trench opened up enough I can drive tractor in parts of it, went to the Doylestown art fair Saturday-quite crowded and Peddlars village to see the scarecrow contest-quite a lot of them this year and some really clever ones.

Wheel change on lawn tractor took longer than expected-oil change on tractor took less time than expected.

Sorry about the trip RNG-but leaking gas is concerning enough-seen enough car fires.
Ron- need helmet on head. When driving through woods I even were it, have gotten it smacked quite a few times. hope it heals quick.

Stay safe and be well,
Dtownart20210911_144049.jpg

WheelchngeSimp20210910_155244.jpg

TrenchNew-220210912_112535.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #138,346  
Good morning.

This morning is eye doctor exam. Need a firm completed that says I am 20/20 with correction glasses to continue to be certified as a tennis official.

After the doc, need to get after the mowing.

Today should be good weather. Not to humid.

Have a great day all.

MoKelly

/ Good morning!!!! #138,347  
Ken, I've never seen a simplicity in those colors

done my labs, enjoying my breakfast. Of course they told me this morning I didn't have to fast.... :sneaky:

lovely day out this morning, but going to be warming up steadily.
Have three or four holes to dig, manually. Wish I had RS's auger...sure does make it easier and you always make a big enough hole, not the often
too small ones you dig by yourself.

great pics RNG.

/ Good morning!!!! #138,348  
Good morning! 73 now, near 85 later. Was a bit humid riding in this morning.

BEF that picture reminds me of so many little churches and cemeteries found on the back roads of SE Ohio. Thanks for posting.

Everyone stay safe out there!

/ Good morning!!!! #138,349  
63°F and a bit hazy this morning, going up to 90° today. Looks like we may or may not get some rain tomorrow and Wednesday.

Taking a week off has me behind about 200 or so posts here. Guess I'll need to skim though Mostly_'s efficient summaries to get back up to speed.

/ Good morning!!!! #138,350  
Ken, if you worked in the Towers, geez what memories.
It really did strike home in our area, lot of local folks commuted in to those Towers.
My Father was in a NYC skyscraper for 22 years. Pretty spooky.
Stay tough. Stay strong. Illegitimi non carborundum

But no matter what, nothing can replace the human lives lost.
All those families torn apart.
War came to the MidAtlantic.
Can't imagine any of us forgetting that.

Mostly's summaries are the best. He will be reborn in another life
as a scribe or story teller. Or a news announcer? :)
He's concise, I'm anything but.