Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #138,631  
Happy Birthday Mrs Kyle

/ Good morning!!!! #138,632  
Retirement...been almost 2 years last couple months plus I've been bored, all the projects done and almost ready for winter,strongly thinking about 20-25 hour week job to keep out recliner and pacing around wearing holes in my socks...looks like going to be interesting talk with the Mrs. since she has negative attitude about me returning to work force.

Nothing wrong with keeping busy! I retired almost 9 years ago, but started mowing neighborhood lawns and snow plowing to keep somewhat busy. I really enjoy the work, which is important IMHO.

/ Good morning!!!! #138,633  
Drew, after hearing about your scone making for months, I decided to try and make some. I did some reading, and watched some videos. Like anything else, there were varying opinions about the "hows and whys" of making them.
Ended up making raspberry with a light lemon glaze on top.

I gave one to the wifey, and told her happy early birthday. She loved it. (truth be told, I believe she and my 16 yo daughter just had a couple more) so it's a thumbs up!

Panera ain't got nuthin' on me. :)

I wonder if Rich taped a flashlight to his new flat track bike and is driving it home from Florida?

Popgadget, pretty intense, but nicely laid out instrument panel. Did everyone get "crashed" in the simulator?

Attachments

• IMG_20210919_161330179_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210919_161330179_HDR.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 54
   / Good morning!!!! #138,634  
73F and partly cloudy @ 20:00, heading down to a low of 63F overnight.

Just came in ... as it was getting a little dark with my sunglasses on ... :LOL:

Finished topping off all of the remaining drilled holes with screened compost. Most took a full bucketload.

Ran another 4 buckets through the screener (3rd pass), which replenished the pile a little. Also dug another 15 buckets worth out of the pile to dry.

Sprayed all along road, plus east side of driveway, south end of fence, some in the compost/woodlot, and the area to the west and south of the shop where the day lilies will go.

Still have some juice left which I'll use tomorrow to catch a few other areas.

Also got 65 gallon leg tank refilled and heads collected off the Black-eyed Susan for seeds.

Baked potatoes are in the oven (but done cooking), and The Woman is bringing ribs home.

The Squeak has been let out into the garage and is on safari.

Hope everyone had a great day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #138,635  
I can’t imagine being retired, as in not working at all. I’m at School, training with people younger than my kids. My greatest challenge in continuing going forward is with insurance underwriters, they are looking closely at my age, as I’m well past the mandatory retirement age for scheduled airlines. Hopefully the worst case is that I will have to be paired with a younger copilot, or be relegated to second in command duties only. That’s a bridge I will have to cross when I get to it, but for now I’ll continue to forge ahead like my classmates.

/ Good morning!!!! #138,636  
I’ve been away awhile as we are very busy at the tennis courts with big tournaments every weekend.

This is a picture on Saturday. Every year in the park there is a hot air balloon race.

The balloons went near the courts this time.

IMG_1607.JPG

One more tournament next weekend and I can act retired again!

MoKelly

/ Good morning!!!! #138,637  
Good evening all. 69F for the start, clear sky, light breeze.
Light wind today, sky became partly cloudy, and high temp was 92F DP 63F. One more hot day then cold front comes through. Rain chance less than 20% with no accumalation forecasted. Chapel to start the day, then make wife breakfast, pancakes this morning. Then into mostly energy conservation. Did clean up some 4 o'clock bushes to improve visibility when backing around driveway. Nap after lunch, then to town for dinner.
Covid update: Cooke 3880 confirmed cases, 69 active cases, Montague 2365 confirmed cases, 88 active cases, Grayson, 14132 confirmed cases, 396 active cases. Cooke 0, Montague 0, Grayson 0, new cases.
Dennis whole lot of ticket trading :), good to hear music was good. Thanks for the link
Doug thanks for the specifics.
Newbury thanks for link
Ron enjoy the tractor show, hope mowing goes well. Had no idea Jinman wrote sim software. neat sunrise
Drew hope you can make it to the equipment show, nice pic
Thomas enjoy you easy day
Paul nice pic, sorry about the unreliable simulator. If the jet is that bad I'd complain to Cessna :)
Roy hope this round with the water filter goes better than the last round.
RNG glad you got some rain, and you had enough sand for the trench fitting.
Kyle happy b-day to Mrs Kyle, glad you enjoyed the game, if no one is driving Impala why not sell it? Good luck with gator
David sorry about the lack of choice games, hope the caretaker work went well.
RS glad cat is good company
Drew nice to take the friend to church. Enjoy your gardening.
Dennis hope you enjoyed leading the song service. With me the nap wins, hands down :)
Steppe nice pic!
RNG thanks for review of the MedCram video.
Dennis good choice on the nap
RjCorazza Welcome to GM
Kyle nice work on the scones!
RS busy day again.
John neat pic of the hot air balloons. glad you can catch your breath soon.
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter/friend PT from Covid, Bird/aging issues/, Don,whipper/more tests,ring bearer/back broken, Randy/FIL living alone adjustments, PJ/FIL fall and stroke, Dennis /wife wrist surgery and recovery, David(moss)/remodel/divorce, Buppies/new cancer on arm, Thomas/gout, Phil/reflux/wife's eyes,Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Grev/wife's eye, Ted/knee recovery, Doug and wife/health issues/nerve and pain/ wife's eyes, Ken/uncle, David(sadamo)/Sophie's eye surgery/Back issues, RNG/fire season, Chris/neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues and Country.
stay safe and healthy you all.

/ Good morning!!!! #138,638  
2021-09-20, 0336

46° right now...high in the mid-70's.
Pretty good weekend, with the exception we didn't have any water filters, and neither did the local hardware store. I'll stop by Home Depot or Lowes on the way home...

/ Good morning!!!! #138,639  
good morning all.
Lovely morning out, 62 and clear going up to high 70's. Can't beat that.

Did not get to old time power show yesterday, was late before I got home and I really wanted to tear apart the
veggie garden and replant. Which I did. Planted another batch of radishes when I was done. So I have some beets and two plantings
of radishes coming.

It's no surprise but still aggravating. My second garden shed, the one after the one the shipping company destroyed, was officially written off as MIA
and Amazon refunded my money on Saturday, for the second time. Now I'm going directly to Home Depot and see if I have better luck there. None in stock in local stores
but Home Depot says they have 238 of them. Hard to believe that number but I'll be happy if just one shows up.

Making arrangements to borrow my brother's 600hp BMW and take my high school buddies out to lunch tomorrow. Picking one up from work and then going to other's home where
we will have hoagies. We are all car guys so this should be a fun outing. No intentions of hooning brother's car, too valuable. And as I have mentioned long ago, I once borrowed his MG-TD
and broke the second gear synchronizer shifting it, perhaps a little too forcefully, and I've felt guilty about that ever since.

Need another cup of coffee, then need to order that garden shed. Have a friend who asked me for green tomatoes.
Ok, but you are going to have to come get them since they turn red so fast once picked. I think she has a Southern recipe she wants
to try. Need to do that this week as I'm running out of tomatoes.

/ Good morning!!!! #138,640  
MoKelly, I know you explained this a ways back but do you run a tennis camp?
that's a lot of tennis courts
Is it just tennis or other campy stuff?
Is it near your home outside of St Louis?

and lastly....is the Mo for Missouri?