Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #139,271  
mostly_gas said, "Bird, my weekend riding buddy lives in Denton and He got some rain, 1/2 inch he said. Sorry about your lack of rain."

Yeah, I saw that. We're 10 miles south of the airport where that reading is taken.

Yesterday we went to the north edge of Ft. Worth to our younger daughter's home and had a huge BBQ lunch/dinner with her, our older daughter (whose husband stayed home to do some indoor painting on their house), our grandson, granddaughter, great grandson, and great granddaughter.:) So we had fine meal, a good visit, then had to get back home for Margaret to watch the final Texas Rangers baseball game of the season. She's much more of a fan than I am, and the Rangers had a terrible losing season this year.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,272  
63 high of 74 rain showers about most of the week in fact. Could be as much as 3 to 4 inches

Prayers for all in need

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #139,273  
66 heading to mid 70's. Got all the grass cut this weekend. Just in time for the rain expected this week. May have to cut it one more time. But it looks to be going dormant.

Milk house project, still working on cleanup. Smashed finger in door trying to "fix" it while clearing it out. That slowed me down and well, two days later and it is still throbbing. Looks like nail is going to be history.

Made a store run for various hardware and food staples this weekend. Not impressed with mask less people and the apparent attitude of return to normal. Will stay out of stores for a little while longer.

With the coming rains, I guess it is too late to replace the sump pumps. Both appear to be dead, I got close to 15 years out of them. Guess I cannot complain. Should be a fun crawl to replace them. $$$$$

Hope all have a great start to the work week. Be safe.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,274  
riptides said, "Milk house project, still working on cleanup. Smashed finger in door trying to "fix" it while clearing it out. That slowed me down and well, two days later and it is still throbbing. Looks like nail is going to be history."

Been a long time since I did anything like that, and i sure hope I never do it again. You certainly have my sympathy.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,275  
Good Morning.
It’s 65 and going to 75 with rain likely throughout the afternoon.
It rained .1” overnight.

Yesterday I spent the morning working in the shop, then went to local turf airport with son and grandson for lunch. We had a great time there, saw lots of old friends, (literally), lots of planes flying, mostly antiques from Cubs to Stearmans and TravelAirs. Grandson got to see biplanes, gliders, an MG TD, other antique and classic cars and lots of motorcycles.

One of the Pawnee agplanes that have been repurposed as glider tugs was painted like Dusty from the movie “Planes”, and a friend had built a matching pedal toy that he brought up for a photo op for his kids. I put my grandson in it and got a picture as well. I did let my son take him out though…..
DSC08336[1]a-.jpg

It’s a great feeling to have all the mowing and trimming done, and the grass is finally slowing down from the pace it was growing all summer. I did take the Makita cordless string trimmer for a walk just cleaning up the details, same with the hedge trimmers.

Today will back in the shop, and then if the rain holds off, lunch with my wife and a former coworker of hers, and hopefully take some drone pictures of their property. Then Odd Fellows meeting after dinner.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #139,276  
Morning all, Cloudy- maybe a spot of rain today
Maybe time to overseed the trench since the rain should be light enough.
Took the Simplicity for a ride, boy is it slow, new drive belt ordered. If it's the tranny, may just abandon project.
I am not good with transmissions.
Fix is holding up perfectly!

Alien-happy birthday to your daughter!
Drew - gazpacho looks chunky, I like it spicy.
Rip- finger caught in door-I've done that, ouch

Stay safe and be well.
🐶🏠
SimpBlue20211003_162409.jpg

/ Good morning!!!! #139,277  
Paul, that will be a wonderful photo for your grandson to show his kids!

/ Good morning!!!! #139,278  
Morning all, Cloudy- maybe a spot of rain today
Maybe time to overseed the trench since the rain should be light enough.
Took the Simplicity for a ride, boy is it slow, new drive belt ordered. If it's the tranny, may just abandon project.
I am not good with transmissions.
Fix is holding up perfectly!

Alien-happy birthday to your daughter!
Drew - gazpacho looks chunky, I like it spicy.
Rip- finger caught in door-I've done that, ouch

Stay safe and be well.

View attachment 715654

If it’s tufftorq hydro, they aren’t too bad to fix, about $600 for new hydro pump and motor.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,279  
BEF-looks like a hydro-gear 322-0500- Maybe a bit of oil added might help. Way it's in is hard to check.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,280  
Good Morning!!!! 67F @ 8:00AM. Sunshine to start, then a few afternoon clouds. High 92F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. No rain in the 10-day forecast, with chances dropping below 20% through the period. Today and tomorrow will be the warmest, and after the front comes through Thursday night, 80F will be the warmest we'll see.

Surprised to see a succulent on that new Amazon plant order, RS. Won't they freeze and burst this winter?

Got the antenna replaced on the van yesterday. Kinda stumbled my way through it, having to disassemble part of the dash to get the old one out, and the new one connected back up to the radio. The antennas themselves also had to come apart. They're the retractable kind, and the reels had to come off to get the masts in place. My right forearm looks like it was in a cat fight from reaching into the dash. This time I also used a wire from the radio to trigger raising the mast, but left a manual switch in place so I could over ride it when needed. The mast on the new one is a good 15" taller, and reception is finally as good as it should be.

The speedo cable was still attached when I checked, so I'll need to crawl under the van and make sure the other end still is, too. The speedo has been making noise for a while, so it's likely it needs a trip to the speedo doctor. Checking my records, it was just there last fall. :oops:

I've got a little bit of seat time planned for this morning moving some firewood and getting a tarp over it, then I want to get the red bike running and take a spin to make sure it's OK for the camping trip this weekend. I should also check the tires on the touring bike, since the weather is cooling off enough to take it out of mothballs.

Hope everyone's week gets off to a good start!