Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #139,521  
Ken, I keep losing air from the left rear tires on both the rider and the zeroturn. Haven't found a leak yet on either one, but both need air every week. Seems odd that it's the same tire on both mowers.
Might be the valve core...if you have the tool, try removing and re-installing, or just replace it. They're cheap

/ Good morning!!!! #139,522  
RoyJackson said, "With the exception of a Porsche 911 I owned in the 1980's-mid 1990's, none of my vehicles have lived inside."

Looking around my neighborhood, both here and other places we've lived, that seems to be the normal situation, but I'm just the opposite. I REALLY LIKE to be able to get in the car and it not be too cold or have frost on the glass in cold weather, or too hot to touch the steering wheel in the summer, and to not have to get out in the rain to get in or out of the car when it's raining, or to unload groceries, etc. So my car is housed indoors. My insurance supposedly gives some small discount for that, AND I had one car damaged by hail years ago and we've had hail here that would have damaged the car if it had been outside.

Still bone dry around here, but there's supposedly a chance of rain in the coming week, and this morning was the first time in a while that there was NO dew on the grass. So I started before daylight and just finished mowing, edging, and trimming. Hope it rains in the coming week.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,523  
Good Morning!!!! 51F @ 7:30AM. Partly cloudy. Slight chance of a rain shower. High 69F. Winds SSE at 10 to 15 mph.
At least the sky is clear this morning, even it is a bit on the brisk side. That electrically heated jacket is gonna feel nice going down the road, as will the electric handlebar grips...

When I was looking at shop buildings, Mike, the building cost paled in comparison to the cost of the concrete pad and earthworks.

Glad you got that settled, Drew, and didn't have to pay another year's registration on the Audi. The Ford here sits outside, as it won't fit in the garage, either. I haven't taken very good care of the paint, and the clearcoat is getting chalky. So need to give it some TLC before the winter storms set in. Maybe you can talk the dealer into throwing in one of those miracle coatings?

Managed to finish the light switches in the garage yesterday morning, then spend the rest of the day getting ready for the trip. Checked air and oil on the bike, put the camping gear back together, made sure I had extra snacks and drinks for the road. 360 miles if I stick to the freeway, but I'll try to stay on secondary roads and avoid the wind blast of higher speeds. Should get there by 4PM, with enough time to get settled in before it gets dark. Brats and beer for dinner, I'm told.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

/ Good morning!!!! #139,524  
I've pretty much always had to park outside for one reason or another. Most of the time, it was because I simply didn't have a garage. I had one house that did have a garage with a door that was too low to even get a minivan into. I just kept my motorcycle and the lawn tools in there, and the music gear I used every week, and the rest was shop area. The garage we have now is just barely wide enough to fit our two cars, so the truck sits outside.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,525  
I've pretty much always had to park outside for one reason or another. Most of the time, it was because I simply didn't have a garage. I had one house that did have a garage with a door that was too low to even get a minivan into. I just kept my motorcycle and the lawn tools in there, and the music gear I used every week, and the rest was shop area. The garage we have now is just barely wide enough to fit our two cars, so the truck sits outside.
I have too, and that reason has always been I couldn't afford a garage . I have always loved when people were on the internet make a comment that lets you know that they assume everyone has a garage and can't fathom that many people don't.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,526  
66°F and .83 inches rain.

Friday again. Where did the week go.
Really need to cut the dog area but too wet. Same with my flail areas.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #139,527  
73F and mostly cloudy @ 12:45, heading up to a high of 75F with an 18% chance of precipitation today. 55% chance tonight. Some rain currently off to the west, but it looks to be south to north flow and not advancing to the east.

No indication that Amazon has sent out a second batch of the last plants that came in ... (y)

IMG_1373 copy.jpg

Plans for today:

Mow if possible (if dry enough) Mower deck is acting like it could use being cleaned again, so there's that.

Grease Kubota and loader.

Repair wiring for diverter valve electrical.

Need to do a modification (hose clearance) on the bracket for the coupler for the front remotes.

Replace rubber on pedals if possible. That may be somewhat involved, as it appears they may be glued on.

Trim dead foliage on the new irises so they hopefully get popping.

Refill bird feeders.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable, productive, and safe day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #139,528  
If you don't have a garage you can put a car in, I certainly understand that. I grew up in homes with no garage, then lived in a small mobile home, then an apartment, so I never had a garage until I bought my first house when I was 28 years old and that house had a one car garage in which a prior owner had build a nice work bench across the front of the garage that was wide enough that I could get the car into the garage, but not far enough to be able to close the door. :)

So I wasn't able to park inside until I bought my first NEW house in 1973 with a 2 car garage. And I know so many people in this area have a one and even two car garages, but have so much other stuff in the garage that there's no room for a car. And if you need that other stuff and have no other place to keep it, I can understand that, too.

But personally, I SURE do like parking inside when possible.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,529  
I have too, and that reason has always been I couldn't afford a garage . I have always loved when people were on the internet make a comment that lets you know that they assume everyone has a garage and can't fathom that many people don't.
Welcome.
I wonder what percentage of American garages are stuffed full of everything but cars. I know a bunch of folks where both their cars are outside and the garage is used mostly for storage.

more meetings this morning after unsuccessful trip to dry cleaners in Lambertville. Still closed due to flooding.
In high school I dated, only a few times, the lady who runs the place now. She really wanted to retire and maybe the flood
made that decision for her.

The underneath of this 8 year old truck I'm buying is solid brown rust.
Pretty sure it lived its life in NJ where heavy road salt and for sure the ocean salt is really hard on all vehicles.
Next time it's up on a lift, what would you recommend spraying over all that rust?
I was thinking of getting a couple cans of Boeshield. Or should it be a rust converter?

I've honestly never owned something so rusty....:rolleyes:
Couple of bolts in engine compt were rusted too, so need to go over entire truck.

Lot of rubber bushings underneath and wonder what effect all that salt has had.

big decisions....what to put in each Rambox. Like tow straps, hitch parts. Reminds me I have to go
buy all new hitch parts for a trailer I don't have yet. I may get what I had before, really liked the heavy duty
steel construction and solid sides.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,530  
Had an interesting walk around our fields with a man who is part of a group researching "Acute Oak Decline". I understand it is not the same disease as found in North America, though the end result is about the same - dead oaks. They are looking at the connection between 3 different microbes and a native bug (Agrilus biguttatus) which helps to spread it around, at the rate it is spreading it may reach here very soon.

Wng, the only good thing about the gas/electric price hike is that it is making more people aware of the benefits of spending money on insulation. Wool sold for just 75 pence per kg last year. A few companies do indeed process it to use as breathable insulation, at the moment though that is only a small niche market. We have pillows stuffed with wool, very comfy all year round.

RNG, 22 rimfire is the only calibre allowed in a semi-auto action rifle for civilian use in this country. The Ruger 10/22 is popular for on-the-move rabbit control. Drew, your new truck would make an excellent mobile shooting platform for night time rabbiting. ;)