Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #139,561  
Good morning! 64 now, 75 later. Just had a light rain move thru. Looks like that is it for today.

Not sure what I will get into today. Really need to split a trailer full of wood that has been sitting waiting since spring. Might be a plan.

Not sure what we will get into today. Tho I have a hankering for some local pizza. The original local pizza is available at the local brewery…..this could be a plan.

Everyone stay safe out there!

/ Good morning!!!! #139,562  
Got hair cut, then some Krispy cream donuts, Costco run, and groceries. Picked up new Christmas wreath at Costco, since last year birds messed up the old one.

Gonna mow. Front yard not too bad, but will do again. field was skipped last time, so it needs it.
Maple behind house dropping leaves fast.
IMG_1823.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #139,563  
Back from the Garage Sale. Found Kyle and his daughter, they found a few things to take home.

I bought some plant rollers for me. For Mom I found some almost new handicap items for a total of $35. When I got home I checked Amazon and the total would have been $177. She was happy!

/ Good morning!!!! #139,564  
67°F and 1.19 inches rain. Lookin like it could be another wet one.

If I can’t mow then will continue with floor prep in caretaker ohana.

Flooring will be the Mohawk laminate from Costco. Not something I have any experience with. At this point, looking to make sure I have a smooth clean surface to start. That means cleaning up the paint I inadvertently spilt then some leveling compound in the low areas

IMG_2767.JPG

Only about half cleaned up.

Anyone with experience laying laminate?
1 Originally thought thought I could just lay out as 1 continuous install, but have read that the cabinets shouldn’t be installed over floating floor. What about stove and refrigerator? I think the planks are to be installed oriented to the length not width

2. Would it be a viable option to install as above and come back and cut out cabinet areas?

3. Or is only sensible method to install around the cabinets? Likely harder to keep alignment if installing the long direction.

4. Or maybe installing oriented to width instead of length doesn’t really matter. Sure would be easier.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #139,565  
Mine goes under the cabinets and the dish washer and oven.
I did not want that edge and step to hinder getting the oven or dishwasher in or out,
hasn't been an issue.
What I was told that installing it the long way would make the space look longer while installing it sideways it would seem wider.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,566  
Drinking first cup of coffee. 54° with fog this morning. Heading to 73° with slight chance of rain. PT went good. Found all the items I wanted on grocery list at Walmart. Neighbor came over and helped me remove ceiling in Pole Barn that was falling down. Other than 8 bags of material to put out for garbage next week that project is done. Next on list is removing 1,500' of old field fence. May get started on that today.
Not a lot of color in trees around house this year yet. Did a walk out back of barn and found this shrub.
0WakARI.jpg

Alien, what is Lantana and Wattle?

Everyone stay healthy and safe.

Good Morning All.
Good morning Ron.
Lantana is a bush introduced by the British when they came in sailing ships in early settlement days. They bought it in potplants for their gardens as it has a lovely flower and lots of bright colours and a pleasant smell. However it went feral and has covered the country and taken over millions of acres of natural bush and farmland. (Just like their rabbits they introduced) It spreads very quickly.
Wattle trees are a pest too. They pop up everywhere. They are no use for timber as they don't grow huge and their life is relatively short. Maybe 20 - 30 years and there are hundreds of dead ones throughout my bush that eventually fall and become fire fuel. Koalas don't use them so I just spray them as they come up.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,567  
57F cloudy.

4 hours blowing leaves was enough,tomorrow I blow the other half...as Buckeye said leaves starting to fall but oaks leaves are dark green.
Decided to mow the front field afterward fill in 5 ruts :rolleyes: that was the last mowing until 2021.

Not plan for the evening...football good movie feet up.

Enjoy your evening all.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,568  
sodamo said, "Flooring will be the Mohawk laminate from Costco. Not something I have any experience with. At this point, looking to make sure I have a smooth clean surface to start."

I didn't do it myself, but had the Mohawk laminate installed by professionals in our living and dining area in July, 2007. We have a concrete slab foundation and there was carpet before. And they did not have to go under any cabinets or such. Anyway, it still looks as good now as when it was installed 14 years ago.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,569  
I have installed snap together flooring from Costco, but not Mohawk brand. I put it in 2 bedrooms and hall over my garage. It’s easy to put down, just pay attention to instructions. I’ve considered doing my kitchen with some.

Mowing done. Did all but across the creek.
Cleaned up around porch box for pellets, then filled the box since I had pallet forks on. Then put grapple on, took down a partially fallen dead tree covered in poison ivy. How nice to have a grapple and a cab. Had to back in behind forsythia bushes to get at the tree. Hauled it to creek and dumped in creek, then went to other side and grabbed it and put on the brush pile. Then picked up a bunch of big fallen limbs in the woods.
Then, just above where the large tree had fallen across my trail to the creek, another poison ivy covered dead tree had fallen, so got it moved to the side, then pushed the large tree partly out of the way, but not all the way. Need to cut it.
Could not get chainsaw to start, used new gas. Took bar off and cleaned old sawdust out.
Did some other cleanup with grapple.
Pulled some old fence posts with grapple.
Didn’t get pic of trees with grapple.
Pellet box holds 14.
IMG_1830.JPG

/ Good morning!!!! #139,570  
Pretty gray day today...dump run and trip to Randolph all done, but not much else.
I did go to rig the snowblower, but the upper link on the 3PH wouldn't thread (lengthen or shorten). So, a good soaking with PB Blaster should take care of that
Spent most the day with the wifey or Margeaux. Wifey is improving, but we're still looking at another month before she'll be able to really get around. Margeaux is continuing to learn to be a dog...still a relapse now and then, but she's picking up the house rules

Tomorrow, I hope to get the upper link rotating smoothly and get the snowblower rigged. If it dries up some more, maybe more mowing.
We'll see...