Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #139,652  
So, you’re going to L. A. by Omaha?

Yes, there’s a big boy engine I want to see there, and Nebraska is one of 6 states I haven’t been to.

Chain saw fired up with the new proper spark plug. Cut a few limbs off the apple tree to try it, after flipping the chain I put on backwards. in my defense, it was getting pretty dark when I put it on.

I was rocking out to Styx on the way home, had Renegade full blast for the low intro. Castle Walls, Man in the Wilderness and Crystal Ball some of my favorites.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,653  
fiddle.jpeg

Homemade fiddle

/ Good morning!!!! #139,655  
72.7F and sunny @ 12:00, after a high of 78.6F. Five warm days with highs in the 70's and 80's then a cool down with high's only in the 60's for the remainder of the period.

Got notice that first order of bulbs has "shipped" (somebody created the label, check back tomorrow for a delivery date, etc.)

Put pallet forks on and moved a couple of pallets of firewood so I could get the Kubota in the pole barn to refuel it.

Then watered potted plants around back while I waited for her to come around so we could dig up the last three Stella D'Oro's that were separated last year. We planted those over on the east side planting bed. Brought the 65 gallon leg tank over and used up the remaining water that was in that to water them in real good.

That brings the total to 31 transplanted so far. Still have the large clump in the back and the even larger one up at the entryway.

After that we unwrapped the 1/2" wire mesh we'll use around the peach trees to protect them from the deer. That took a bit, due to the amount of shrink-wrap Menards used before they shipped it.

Once that was done I put the bucket and toothbar on and went up to the shop and we spent the better part of the afternoon digging out and pulling swamp dogwood roots. Got pretty much most of them, but probably still have a few to clean up. Will let that bed dry up some tomorrow and then hit it with the FS 66 and cultivator head on Wednesday.

Woman wanted me to widen that bed by another foot ... it's already around 3' wide ... :eek:

IMG_1382 copy.jpg

Then She ran out to get some liquid refreshments (aka Coke) to go with dinner (leftover Mexican from last night's Pancho's) and while She was doing that I got about half the compost I set out the other day to dry screened.

After dinner I took the garbage and recycles up to the cans at the road. May have had another day on that, given today was Columbus Day.

Didn't get to any mowing, hopefully tomorrow.

Hope everyone had a great day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #139,656  
I pretty much gave up on drinking soft drinks. Usually only get it eating out. Now since coke is woke, I might get Pepsi, but usually just water.

Found out my next older brother tested positive today, was sick over the weekend. Had his vac. Didn’t ask which one. He said he’s doing better today, not sure what that compared to.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,657  
65 outside this AM. Mid to upper 70's expected.

I continue to self destruct. Felt something pop in right elbow this weekend. Nice swelling and cannot straighten arm without body telling me, not doing that. Guess I need a few days off, so be it.

Hope all have a good start to the work week. Be safe.
Hope you get better quickly....your wifey will stack up your chores. :) About how young are you? Or maybe I should ask, what songs were popular when you went to high school?
Good Morning!!!! 57F @ 4:30AM. Plentiful sunshine. High near 70F. Winds NNW at 15 to 25 mph. Winds could occasionally gust over 40 mph.

Sounds like most of you have been busy getting ready for winter. Nice to see the fall colors, too. Not much of that going on here yet, though, since up until this past weekend it's still been very warm. Temps dropped into the 70s for this weekend, with overnight lows down into the 40s. I woke up cold in the tent the first night and had to put on an extra layer, but otherwise slept pretty well.

View attachment 716548
The return trip started off on roads less traveled, and being a middle day of a three day weekend, there was very little traffic yesterday. I went a fair distance out of my way to get to this scenic view, a new overlook built on CA49 north of Mariposa, CA after last years wildfires. The road drops through a couple thousand feet of switchbacks as it snakes north down through the canyon and then back up. The Dragon may get all the headlines, but I had the snake all to myself yesterday.

Hope everyone enjoys their Columbus Day. I wonder how long the wokestrs will continue to tolerate such an un-PC celebration?
Beautiful. I HATE waking up cold in a tent....maybe that's why I wasn't so enthused about scouting trips. I always got cold with my cheapie sleeping bag when it got damp. Waking up shivering sucks. A man needs a tight woman, loose shoes and a warm place to poop. LOL.

Prayers for the team....and our country.

We are expected to get some rain the rest of the week, and get cooler down to 52F Saturday. Maybe I can finally turn off the A/C.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,658  
IMG_20211009_134057524.jpg

Here it is sans the smallest string (E). It was there when I bought it, but I kinked it and it broke trying to get it in tune. I figure the bow and case were worth the money. The guy said he's pretty sure it's over 50 years old.

Will it sound like 2 cats fighting? Or like 1 lonely male cat? Or who knows what???

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #139,659  
Does the violin have a brand name on it?

Difference between Violin and Fiddle

Most people say that the difference between violin and fiddle lies mostly on the bridge. Violin has an arched bridge so that each string can be played individually thus giving the instrument a clearer sound, while a fiddle has a flatter one because most fiddlers shave their bridge and flatten it so that two strings can be played at once.

Last edited: