Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #139,991  
I just found out that a friend I’ve known since he was about 12, died last night, suddenly. He was only around 57 or so.
A definite one if a kind, stories I could tell. Great guy, I’ll miss him.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,992  
Drew, those open grate bridge decks are indeed a squirmy ride. There is one across the Chain Of Rocks Canal on old Route 66, and it was never my favorite part of riding out there.
Had a chance to ride over the Mackinac Bridge on an '03 cross country trip. The center two lanes are open grid, and I was happy the slow lane was concrete. The view from something like 200' above the water was worth slowing down for.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,993  
Drew, those open grate bridge decks are indeed a squirmy ride. There is one across the Chain Of Rocks Canal on old Route 66, and it was never my favorite part of riding out there.
Even worse when the grate is wet...slick

/ Good morning!!!! #139,994  
66F and sunny @ 12:00, heading up to 73F for the day. Going to be nice tomorrow too ... but then a front comes through with some rain and dropping the high temps down into the 50's for a couple of days ... but then back up in the 60's for highs.

Looks like it is time to reassess what can be completed in the remainder of the season before truly bad weather gets here and what really needs to be done vs. what would be nice to get done. Some items will be dropping off the list until next year.

Getting the plants and bulbs that we already have in the ground will be a high priority over the next week or two. Digging anything up and transplanting it will likely wait until next year ... unless we are somehow blessed with unusually good weather for the next month.

To that end, I did work on a planting layout for the new planting bed on the east side of the frog pond and with a few tweaks, I'm pretty happy with how it is turning out.

First thing on the agenda today will be to finish up trimming back the locally-sourced irises.

Then work on getting some other stuff planted.

And there's a few buckets of compost that needs re-screened for the final time.

Beyond that take it as comes.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable, productive, and safe day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #139,995  
I am not a great fan of open grid bridges, but that being said I am definately NOT a fan of bailey bridges either. There are quite a few of them in Northwestern Ontario that I have to cross with the train, grossing 140,000 lbs.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,996  
67°F and .06 inches rain

Sophie got a new prescription, her eye isn’t fully healed, so temporary.

Have to rip 5 planks to finish the perimeter row install. Could have done late afternoon, but decided it would be better if less tired. So 1st thing after coffee

Looking very promising for a flail day. Hard to believe it has been 6 weeks. Until I look to see how thick and tall.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #139,997  
This morning, I just filled up my 2017 Ford Escape with the most expensive gasoline to ever be put in it. Yep, same old regular as always, but today was $2.999 at Buc-ee's. I haven't checked prices elsewhere, but Buc-ee's has always been the cheapest in the area. I'm guessing that they just jumped up above everyone else today for a change.

/ Good morning!!!! #139,998  
Hopefully, you are on the mend, Buppies

/ Good morning!!!! #139,999  
Toppop sorry about the loss of your friend

Thomas hope you get better soon. At the moment I can breathe through both nostrils first time in a while

PJ what is the story behind the sailboat?

Bird we are hovering around $3.23 to $3.46 but a lot of places were out last week

Thanks Sodamo

/ Good morning!!!! #140,000  
I am not a great fan of open grid bridges, but that being said I am definately NOT a fan of bailey bridges either. There are quite a few of them in Northwestern Ontario that I have to cross with the train, grossing 140,000 lbs.
Had to look up Bailey bridges, Bill. When the west entrance road to Yosemite National Park (Highway 140) flooded in 1997, they put in a single lane Baily bridge. What a mess traffic wise, and last time I checked, it's still there.