Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #140,441  
Good evening all. 56F for the start, mostly clear, breezy. Very windy day, partly cloudy sky, high temp was 69F, DP 31F. This morning looking at the wind, decide I would set up the stationary trainer with the Trek, moved pedals around, researched speed sensor and power buttons ( it broke on the Garmin 1000). Did 1 hour on the trainer. Got a good nap in then started sharpening another chain on saw.
Covid update: Cooke 4152 confirmed cases, 34 active cases, Montague 2634 confirmed cases, 42 active cases, Grayson, 16,190 confirmed cases, 97 active cases. Cooke 3, Montague 0, Grayson 0, new cases. Grayson number still don't add up
Ted sorry about the loss of your post. Glad you got the trim done.
RS hope you garage stays warm.
Roy glad you got a good nap.
Ron glad Mule washed and PW put away. Keeping active on this thread is a full time job :) nice hawk
Drew hope you are having some fun catching up during the visit
Mike good to hear septic moving along hope dirt work done before rain and nice guard.
Billy glad you got long hike in, hope you got some pics
Paul never did enjoy teaching. safe trip to Vero Beach.
Thomas hope Dr visits went well.
Ken hope you can get ready for all the guests coming
PJ glad to hear FIL improving.
Don it is all the restrictions placed on the hunters :)
RNG hope trip to town is productive.
Ted good to hear less wind, today was windy here.
Eric nice pic hope Mas was not in a hurry either :)
RS sorry the dog was not up on it's vaccines, hope the med's are not affecting her too much. prayers for a speedy recovery
Drew good idea on the nap glad you enjoyed their visit. Sorry your joints are talking back. At least they are not yelling yet :)
Bird good o see you are enjoying our wind :)
David sorry about the dizziness, seems like a long delay for reaction.
Doug great news on the shed kit!
Dennis hope camping trip goes better the the starting weather!
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter/friend PT from Covid, Bird/aging issues/, Don,whipper/more tests,ring bearer/back broken, Randy/FIL living alone adjustments, PJ/FIL fall and stroke, Dennis /wife wrist surgery and recovery, Roy/ palpitations/ angina, wife/ankle recovery, David(moss)/remodel/divorce, Buppies/new cancer on arm /cough and not sleeping, Thomas/gout, Phil/reflux/wife's eyes, Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Grev/wife's eye, Ted/knee recovery/retirement, Doug and wife/health issues/nerve and pain/ wife's eyes, Ken/aunt fall injuries, David(sadamo)/Sophie's new eye surgery, Chris/neighbor's granddaughter and Covid issues, RS wife/ dog bite recovery, Scaredy/injuries from fall, Paul/ wife's disc issues, Mike/elbow pain, and Country.
stay safe and healthy you all

/ Good morning!!!! #140,442  
BEF hope the rain bypasses you folks

I think rain will be heavier towards the coast, we only going an hour north, not too far. The place I got GBS while camping.

/ Good morning!!!! #140,443  
good morning all.
Up too early but coffee is helping.
55 going up to 58 today in rain later and into tonight. I hope to get a little seat time sucking up leaves before it starts.

after leaves will be an inside day. Still trying to get credit/help from Rubbermaid/Home Depot and will spend time on the phone today.
Also have a lot of wash to do, remake beds, good inside stuff with the music cranked up.

Hope all that are ailing feel better and of course, TGIF.

/ Good morning!!!! #140,444  
Morning all! 32 going to a sunny 47.
Woke up at 3 am with a neck and back grumbling about the 5 hours of leaf clean up I did yesterday! Second cup of coffee going down while I contemplate today's list of things to do.
Going to put most of them off till Monday I think. Two days of rain in the forecast will help to keep me resting. Yard actually looked pretty good after I finished cleaning. I just have to wait for the dog wood and the oaks to drop and I will be done for the year. Will try to grab a pic later today.
Hope everyone stays safe and healthy!

/ Good morning!!!! #140,445  
Poured first cup of coffee. 52° with rain this morning. Heading to 56° with rain all day. Got my shopping done and car oil changed. Going to be an inside project day. Got a set of CV shaft guards to install on Mule. Should be a easy install.
Everyone gets to eat at my feeders.
5dk9D3H.jpg

Everyone stay safe and healthy.

Good Morning All.

/ Good morning!!!! #140,446  
Nice picture Ron 2.20 in of rain so far cool today high in low 60s upper 50s rain showers most of the day. Got a lot of paperwork to do. Prayers for all

/ Good morning!!!! #140,447  
a very nice community of birds Ron.

Phil, kick back and enjoy Fall. The snow will be here soon enough. I bet Bill already has had some.

Buppies seems to get "my weather" about 12-24 hours earlier than here so yes it's going to get wet here very soon.
Mower/bagger makes a fair amount of noise so not going to run it before 9am. We'll see if the rains come by then.
Weather patterns seem to go North and East, on about a 45 degree angle. I wonder if one put a protractor on a map with
Buppies home and my town, if it would be close to 45 degrees. (admittedly not so hot at trig)
I understand that weather goes from West to East due to Earth's rotation but South to North because ? heat rises? Gulf Stream?
All the big storms here other than Nor'Easters always have a Southern tail that seems to dip into the Gulf and scoop up water to
bring to us further North. I'm sure there's a better/scientific way of explaining that.
Tracking these weather patterns on radar is pretty interesting.

Originally got my interest up when going boating on Bays or in the Atlantic.
My job to bring everyone home alive and if I didn't watch the weather or listen to VHF weather channel,
all kinds of surprises can happen. Like afternoon storms on the Chesapeake in the heat of August that can be epic.
I once heard cries of help from a dozen sailboats that got knocked down in a whiteout storm outside of Annapolis.
I always tried to get in and tied up by 3pm. Lots of afternoon storms. And with global warming they are likely to get more
tropical, more intense, and much less fun to be out in. My Carver would get blown all over the place in high winds with only a three foot
draft and a flattish bottom. The Bertram was heavy and had a deep V hull, it just plowed through bad weather like a destroyer.
But I tried to avoid bad weather since if you scare your wife, it isn't likely to end well.

about a five hour drive west of PJ/St Louis is the excavated wreck of the steamship Arabia, which hit a big log/stump in the Missouri River and sank
almost immediately, thankfully not fully underwater so everyone got off. Except one mule I think...
Now that was interesting boating for sure. He hit a stump in fog with no charts, no radar, and no visibility.
I was an early adopter of electronic chart plotting on my boats, always had the best Garmin I could buy. Bent a lot of props over the years in the Chesapeake
even with good electronics. But then we were constantly going places, not sitting at dock.

A fall boat cruise on the Chesapeake with the leaf colors can be simply amazing. Toppop, find a covered warm boat and go for a ride.

/ Good morning!!!! #140,448  
30F light frost cloudy about mid morning than full sun high mid 50's.

Outside chores done E muffin time.
Plans for today...trip to town for critter food,hope to have leaf blowing done by early afternoon,afternoon put tirw chains and plow on Kubota also winterize,service pickup plow and be ready for date night...guess I better get at it.

Enjoy your day all.

/ Good morning!!!! #140,449  
Good Morning
49 going to 55 with 100% chance of rain later on.

Yesterday followed the plan, training went well, but took all day, but that was the way it was scheduled. Had to replace the battery in wife’s RAV4. They don’t last much more than 3 years, and die without any warning. Charging system checks ok perfectly, I’ve got no clue why the die. Worst part was that I couldn’t get to it until after 5 when my local battery distributor closes. She needed the car this morning, and I’m off to Vero Beach. So I got one at Advance Auto for $90 more than I would have paid. But it’s all done and wife is happy.

Plan for today is to get back from Florida before the wind and rain really picks up. If everything goes according to plan I’ll be back by about 2 which should work out pretty well.

I’m glad that I don’t have any pressing outdoor chores, as the ground is still saturated from all the rain earlier in the week.